GRAND NATIONAL - APRIL 5th

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby fivecups » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:39 am

£10 comply or die 10-1 on the nose! Woohooo.

Also lost £15 on Butlers Cabin and Fundamentalist.

First time I've ever won on the National so probably still down :D
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:41 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
NiftyNeil wrote:Well that's a one-two for me, did anyone try my system?

Yes i tried your system ,and you said don't pick the favourite and as comply or die was a joint favourite i didn't pick it .

SYSTEMS SMYSHTEMS :angry:  :laugh:

Comply or Die came in late as a favourite. This was because I revealed my secret yesterday morning. Many people backed it on the back of my advice and therefore shortened the odds  :D  :p .
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:51 am

I used to be quite a good tipster, certainly in the early nineties (not that I gave a sheet about horses) Predicted Rough Quest at about 27-1, and I think Earth Summit at 10-1 or 20-1. Also changed my mind mid race over the 1992 from the winner to the runner-up! I could say I'm out of practice.

Should have got Monty's Pass when that won it, my mum's cat was called Monty
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:08 pm

So did anyone go to this then?  I went to both Cheltenham and Aintree this year, both on the Friday.  Both top days out.

Especiially got to say about the ladies on display at Aintree on the Friday.  Eyes were popping out of my head the whole day.  I was standing in ths Equestrian Centre and this girl went past quite a few times, and she wasn't even the best but this lass got herself in all the papers round our way.  She's from Crosby by all accounts.

So it's safe to say I will be attending Aintree races for the rest of my life.  As I'm from the City, there's no way I'm missing out on all that when it's on my doorstep.

Couldn't go there with your bird though.  I'd be saying to mine that she'd be welcome to go with her mates and I'll be going with the lads.  Less fighting that way, trust me...
jonnymac1979

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum