Good publicity for the area. - The dark side of anfield

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Paul C » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:52 pm

http://www.epltalk.com/the-dark-side-of-anfield-that-no-one-wants-you-to-see/3167

:(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:07 pm

Well that journalist obviously did his research... ???

Those houses are owned by the club, hence the reason they're uninhabited.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:09 pm

you can never let a good bit os specualtion get in the way of the truth - it ruins the story then
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:33 pm

All working class cities have their rough areas,its nothing to be ashamed of.Its a fact of life.
FFS ya wanna see some of the parts of belfast and dublin is just as bad!
Working class "ghettos" are as much a part of a cities culture as its fancy theatres and restuarants! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:38 pm

I know LFC is to blame for the Anfield area, but other areas are just as bad, for the Capital of Culture they have only invested in the city centre and not the out skirts.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:02 pm

Does nobody talk a walk around the city once in a while, there are many places like that
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby GYBS » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:06 pm

GOAT_2.0 wrote:Does nobody talk a walk around the city once in a while, there are many places like that

all cities mate not just liverpool
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:00 pm

They wanna go to Belfast and have a look at some of the houses and areas over here.

I mean, f*ck building that wall and fence you always wanted out your back yard, here it's all part of the package.

Even budding Rembrandt's get in on the act by painting their houses lovely shades of colors to spruce the place up a bit.
What a masterpiece, eh?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben1988 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:25 pm

bit different realy tho isnt it.... "football club lets society fall a little on the way side shown in comparison with all out religious war that has gone on for god knows how many years and seen a lot of blood shed, that is just being cleared up. Its a little bit like saying "u think liverpool is bad.... take a look at baghdad" i no Belfast isnt as run down as baghdad but u know what i mean.... ther has been a lot of :censored: happen there. u cant say the imediate area surrounding anfield isnt bad bcos places in Belfast are worse.

in my opinion the club should have sorted it a long time ago.
Ben1988

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:38 pm

Ben1988 wrote:bit different realy tho isnt it.... "football club lets society fall a little on the way side shown in comparison with all out religious war that has gone on for god knows how many years and seen a lot of blood shed, that is just being cleared up. Its a little bit like saying "u think liverpool is bad.... take a look at baghdad" i no Belfast isnt as run down as baghdad but u know what i mean.... ther has been a lot of :censored: happen there. u cant say the imediate area surrounding anfield isnt bad bcos places in Belfast are worse.

Yeah, true. But I wouldn't say what went on here was "all out religious war". Wasn't like that at all.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:47 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Ben1988 wrote:bit different realy tho isnt it.... "football club lets society fall a little on the way side shown in comparison with all out religious war that has gone on for god knows how many years and seen a lot of blood shed, that is just being cleared up. Its a little bit like saying "u think liverpool is bad.... take a look at baghdad" i no Belfast isnt as run down as baghdad but u know what i mean.... ther has been a lot of :censored: happen there. u cant say the imediate area surrounding anfield isnt bad bcos places in Belfast are worse.

Yeah, true. But I wouldn't say what went on here was "all out religious war". Wasn't like that at all.

it wasnt far off mate .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben1988 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:47 pm

yeh ur right.... suppose we are all allowed to exagerate... just to be clear i meant belfast not liverpool!
Ben1988

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:50 pm

Yeah the article is written as if Anfield is the only place to host a big football club but be in the middle of a an area that can only be described as a dive.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben1988 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:52 pm

yeh i was gettin off the point realy.. i think its bad... i would prefer our club to sort it out but as you say it is certainly not the only club to play at a ground surrounded by a little bit of a dump! although i have to say i love match day and i love anfield, it doesnt spoil the magic of an of it
Ben1988

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:54 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Yeah the article is written as if Anfield is the only place to host a big football club but be in the middle of a an area that can only be described as a dive.

You should see Landsdown Road. Even the area around Celtic Park is a dive, so I'm told.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum