Golf

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby fivecups » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:13 am

Darren Clarke.....superb!!

Missed it all, feckin' Canada! :D :D
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brentd4 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:56 pm

get in clarke son, at least northern ireland are good at something, ruling the world at golf is still pretty awesome,    mc dowell, mc ilroy and now clarke, our wee country world beaters
brentd4

Postby Dundalk » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:08 pm

Great to see Clarke win yesterday, I dont think anyone would be unhappy with him winning
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:13 pm

Looks like he had a few last night  :D

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:32 pm

Dundalk wrote:Great to see Clarke win yesterday, I dont think anyone would be unhappy with him winning

You can say that again.  Great win for him.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:39 pm

Was out playing myself today. First time. I've played pitch n putt a load of times and there is some difference. My short game isn't to bad but I CANNOT drive the ball. I just can't do it. Of the 18 holes 16 of them went to the right or the left into either the water or the ditch. It's the most frustrating game ever.    :veryangry
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:44 am

On the first page of this thread I describe the injury that stopped me from playing at a top Professional level.  Watching Rory's injury today was very similar (although his is nowhere near as bad).  Same situation though.  hitting a shot and unsure of what is in the ground ahead of the clubface.  He was just trying to pitch out to the fairway and didn't accelerate through the ball.  If he had been, and hit the same root of the tree, damage would have been much worse.

As far as my current status.  I withdrew from the US Am due to tendonitis in my right elbow, nothing major, but just enough to keep me from really being able to agressively swing.  I am still playing for fun.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:41 am

Easy to see Rory was in pain.  Golf is really a game where a soar wrist can kill your game.

I was just sad to see Rickie Fowler do so poorly after tying 2nd last week.  He'll get his first win one of these days.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby dawson99 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:46 pm

Dundalk wrote:Was out playing myself today. First time. I've played pitch n putt a load of times and there is some difference. My short game isn't to bad but I CANNOT drive the ball. I just can't do it. Of the 18 holes 16 of them went to the right or the left into either the water or the ditch. It's the most frustrating game ever.    :veryangry

I played yesterday, can drive the ball long and straight, about 250 yards with a 3 wood, its the middle game i suck at, gotta know which club to use, if i hit a 7 iron sweet can get 150, but anything can happen. Went rounf in about 98 yesterday though, which is probably my best ever, considering the first 3 holes i went 8 8 9, by the end i was on 4 pars, with 2 birdie opportunities
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:47 pm

Gutted for my friends and former co-workers at Plainfield Country Club in New Jersey.  Hosting the Barclay's this week.  Play suspended from the thunderstorms we're having today.  Hurricane Irene is forcasted to hit here Saturday into Sunday.
s@int - 13 December 2009

The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:30 pm

The Fed Ex Cup is just a pathetic cash cow

Dustin Johnson wins one tournament all year and shoots up to 4 in the WGR ?!?!
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:49 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:The Fed Ex Cup is just a pathetic cash cow

It is and it isn't.  At least it makes things a bit more interesting for a while after the PGA Championship.   Used to be after the PGA all the top players would practically just end their season.  Now they play through to the end of the season.

Granted it isn't the height of drama, but it's better than nothing.
s@int - 13 December 2009

The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:53 pm

The Good Yank wrote:

It is and it isn't.  At least it makes things a bit more interesting for a while after the PGA Championship.   Used to be after the PGA all the top players would practically just end their season.  Now they play through to the end of the season.

Have some sort of season ending tournament just like the Race to Dubai - just the one event - not drag it out for three events and then in the last event zero the scores for the top 5 ?!?! Just bloody stupid and then give the winner over 10 million ?  Are they compensating for something ?

The Race to Dubai is thrilling because its one event - the Fed Ex is a damp squid . Typical US Pga self Importance - the fact that :censored: Johnny Millar loves it just says it all
Benny The Noon

Postby ethanr » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:49 am

Benny The Noon wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:

Have some sort of season ending tournament just like the Race to Dubai - just the one event - not drag it out for three events and then in the last event zero the scores for the top 5 ?!?! Just bloody stupid and then give the winner over 10 million ?  Are they compensating for something ?

The Race to Dubai is thrilling because its one event - the Fed Ex is a damp squid . Typical US Pga self Importance - the fact that :censored: Johnny Millar loves it just says it all

It'd be more interesting that way, but it's so much more fair the way they do it.  They give the $10 million to the player who was most consistent over the year, or as close to that as they can.  Johnson only won once, but how many players have won more than that? I think right now 5 players have won twice, and he's currently number 1 on the fedex list.  It seems a bit weird, but they get points for every tournament they make the cut in.  Some are worth more than others, and Johnson has gotten top 5 quite a few times from what I remember. 

Trust me, I dont' get the system, but I think it's as fair as it can really be in golf.  Anybody can win any given tournament, so it would suck when a random guy wins a tournament in the final like you said.  That Jonattan Vegas guy won like the second tournament, and has barely made any cuts since.  He could have walked home with the crown based off one tournament and that would have been lame.

But if my boy Ricker Fowler ended up winning it, then I'd be fine with that  :D
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:45 am

had to do some digging for this thread.
new season very much under way and not long till the 1st major of the year.at the moment mc ilroy is looking like he will eventually take the top spot in the world rankings.he is a super player and an absolute joy to watch.
the ryder cup is also this year so plenty of golf to look forward too.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum