Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:29 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Journalist Sharon Jaffa

:laugh:

Bet he took some stick!

It said as much in the article but I'm missing something...please explain.  ???

Jaffa!

Which is?  Remember, I'm Canadian mate--no such thing (whatever it is) over here! :D

Hence why you're puzzled!, Saint said it. A Jaffa is an orange, and it's also the filling to Jaffa cakes which also tastes orangey!!!!

You get the theme anyway, It's Orange!
LFC2007

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:32 pm

LFC2007 wrote:It's human nature to pick on seemingly RELATIVELY rare traits, but even still, people who are overweight, exceedingly small or tall, who have freckles etc.. all get stick at school. I can understand where the article is coming from in terms of adult insults. It is less rare to find someone take the p!ss out of someone because they are overweight than because they have red hair.

Even Crouch gets a bit of stick (I'd call it banter) from the press about his height. The press will pick on the anomaly.

But with ginger people, it's just banter, nothing serious at all IMO.

Anyone who could compare it to racism would be off their heed IMO, redheads were never oppressed like Black African Americans were in the 60's for example, that cultural context makes that issue more sensitive today.

If there had been Jim Crow laws segregating red heads, I'm sure there would be a more sensitive approach to things - perhaps "ginger" would have become the equivalent of other black racist slurs.

Yeah, I guess that's my real question: is it anywhere near as bad as racism or is this article blowing things out of all proportion?  Any actual gingers on the board that want to respond?   ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:38 pm

I think the article is blowing this way out of proportion, I'm no Ginger but I think most people who read it would have a good old laugh at some of the stuff in the article because it's generally just banter.
LFC2007

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:42 pm

Well, the BBC certainly don't think it's a laughing matter:  Here's Another Article
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:45 pm

I think this is a form of racism and I have suffered terribly at the hands of certain ex members of this forum and they took it to new heights on there own,now defunct forums.Roberts made my life hell with his ginger taunts;cruelly including my wife and children in shocking treatment...how we slept at night ,god only knows;then I realised I'm not ginger,it's just an avatar of supersub,Davy Fairclough,it's not me!
            so happily the family and myself can sleep soundly and we have suffered no racist threats and the only gingernuts in our house are in the biscuit tin.
            However I think the treatment that the red haired people in our country receives is despicable and some people need to hang their heads in shame. :D
Last edited by supersub on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:48 pm

Well there are nutters out there Bob, but it's not as if every ginger haired family in Britain is urgently seeking Hairdye!

Generally in most reasonable places, not just the most run down council estates in Newcastle, this is not much of an issue.

The BBC love to report these types of stories in the interests of being PC, but in reality people are forced out of their homes by thugs for all number of reasons not just because of "gingerness", especially in areas where Antisocial behaviour is prevalent.
LFC2007

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:51 pm

supersub wrote:I think this is a form of racism and I have suffered terribly at the hands of certain ex members of this forum and they took it to new heights on there own,now defunct forums.Roberts made my life hell with his ginger taunts;cruelly including my wife and children in shocking treatment...how we slept at night ,god only knows;then I realised I'm not ginger,it's just an avatar of supersub,Davy Fairclough,it's not me!
            so happily the family and myself can sleep soundly and we have suffered no racist threats and the only gingernuts in our house are in the biscuit tin.
            However I think the treatment that the red haired people in our country receives is despicable and some people need to hang their heads in shame. :D

Supersub in Newkit shocker..."I'm not actually ginger."

Roberts could not be reached for comment.   :laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby destro » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:54 pm

A similar discussion to this was started on Talksport with Ian Wright and Adrian Durham ( Ginger ). It turned into a full blown racial debate which resulted in Wright being called an 'Uncle Tom' amongst other revolting names ???

Some people ( Ginger ones) would class the name calling and joke telling they endure  as serious as any form of racism
destro

Postby destro » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:56 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Well there are nutters out there Bob,

Ginger nutters  :D
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:00 pm

destro wrote:Some people ( Ginger ones) would class the name calling and joke telling they endure  as serious as any form of racism

Or fatism, freckleism, white hairism, :censored: car-ism, wife's uglyism, get a new girlfriendshe'ssougly-ism.

:D
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:21 pm

Its easy to call it banter when were not ginger ourself isnt it?
I dont think its racism but it is general harrasment, even on Eastenders they openly call Bradley ginger nut. If anyone gets talking to someone with ginger hair it seems people get into there mind to give them a nickname about the colour of there hair. Why doesnt anyone call these OAP's who dye there hair blue? or teenagers who dye it green?

One ginger who does deserve stick though is patsy palmer, not because shes ginger but simply because shes pig ugly !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:27 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Why doesnt anyone call these OAP's who dye there hair blue? or teenagers who dye it green?

They are called 'The Blue Rinse Brigade' and as for teenagers with dyed hair, there are called plenty of names

I dont see it as any different than say, having a big nose ( Thommo) or cross eyes,big ears
???
destro

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:54 pm

sorry but ginger pubes, nooooooooooooooooooway.

one of my mates has ginger hair, he`s now 31 and has shaved his head since he was 16
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:00 pm

One word David Moyes and the jocks is enough to dislike ginger mingers :D

Oh yer and Mick Huknall hate that manc b@stard and his hair is ashow.

Only kiddin  :;):
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:02 pm

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum