Gcse's - Judgement day

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Woollyback » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:24 pm

Well, driving past the local high school today reminded me it's GSCE results day, and also reminded me that I haven't got any myself*

So how did all our 16 year-old members get on today? Catastrophic failure or monumental success, let us all know the horrible truth...

(* cos I did O-levels, not cos I'm thick)
Last edited by Woollyback on Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:28 pm

i got 9 A's

A's for absent :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:29 pm

That's reminded me I start my GCSE work this year, my judgement day is 2 years today  :O  :Oo:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:40 pm

I got 7 GCSE's back in the day.  The night out in the Paradox in Aintree was immense!!!

In fact, I was in Liverpool city centre last Thursday night with the lads and the A-Level students were out.  Fuck me, I'm only 25 and I felt ancient.  I just didn't fit in.  Totally shattered the illusion in my mind that I was young and hip.  Me and the lads were commenting that when we were 16-18, we thought that we would all still be cool when were 25.  Are we fuck.  And we all realised it last Thursday.
jonnymac1979

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:40 pm

(* cos I did O-levels, not cos I'm thick)

i was awating to see what the * would denote.........and I was amused as expected!!!  :laugh:

:D
76-1115222408

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:45 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:In fact, I was in Liverpool city centre last Thursday night with the lads and the A-Level students were out.  Fuck me, I'm only 25 and I felt ancient.  I just didn't fit in.  Totally shattered the illusion in my mind that I was young and hip.  Me and the lads were commenting that when we were 16-18, we thought that we would all still be cool when were 25.  Are we fuck.  And we all realised it last Thursday.

know how you feel jmac. it's my birthday tomorrow so i'll be out on the lash all weekend. the thing is, everywhere you go these days in town centres is just full of 16 year olds binge drinking.

not that i ever did that when i was their age. :;):
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:54 pm

From echo.

THOUSANDS of students receiving their GCSE results this morning were handed a stark warning last night - celebrating could cost you a £50 hangover.

Merseyside and Cheshire Police will be out in force tonight to catch underage pupils, with first time offenders facing fixed penalty fines for the first time.

Both GCSE and A-level results nights are traditionally busy for the pubs and clubs of the region but officials are now emphasising the message that many of the revellers are breaking the law.

The GCSE results, in particular, trigger an increase in alcohol problems involving 16-year-olds, who are either celebrating or drowning their sorrows.

New powers not only mean hitting young people with the fines but more severe penalties for retailers and licensees who serve under-18s.

They can face losing their licences or fines of up to £1,000.

Twenty-two trading standards teams are joining police officers around the region to clamp down on underage drinking.

New research has revealed that seven out of eight teenagers in the region break the law on buying and drinking alcohol.

Tony Allen, head of the North West trading standards underage sales team, said: "The law doesn't care whether your results mean you have something to celebrate or you are seeking consolation - if you are under 18 and are caught trying to buy alcohol or are found to be drunk you run the risk of being fined £50.

"And no matter how your day started, a bad way for it to end is with a £50 hangover.

"Retailers and licensees know they must not sell alcohol to under-18s and we will be conducting checks across the region to ensure they comply with the law - we will pursue prosecutions against the rogue minority that flout the rules." Matt Henessey, drug and alcohol strategy manager at Government Office for the North West, said there could be no exceptions for GCSE day.

He said: "We aren't going to pretend that today is anything other than one of the most stressful and important days in the lives of thousands of young people in the North West.

"But if you are under the legal age then buying alcohol and getting drunk should not play a part in your plans."

The latest survey of nearly 13,000 teenagers across the North West showed that 40% of underage drinkers buy their own alcohol.

Around 53% of 14 to 17-year-olds say they drink alcohol at least once a week, compared with just 12% who never drink.

The most popular place for young people to drink is on the streets with 45% saying they spend up to £10 on alcohol each week, and 16% saying they spend more than £11.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:18 pm

i couldn't go down the pub after my o-levels cos i was only 16 and a bit, and couldn't get served anywhere :(
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:40 pm

ive been trying to get hold of my daughter megan to find out how she has done

her phones off, and she aint replied to my texts etc

i hope it aint bad news for her. im worried now :(
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:32 pm

ENGLISH - A
ENGLISH LIT - A
GEOGRAPHY - A
SCIENCE - B
MATHS - B
HISTORY - B
GRAPHICS - C
GERMAN - D
ITALIAN - D

AND I CANT GO OUT COS IM NOT FEELING WELL. :(
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:42 pm

see the exams are getting easier :D

news in, my daughter got 7 good passes....phew
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:59 pm

RAFABENITEZ wrote:ENGLISH - A
ENGLISH LIT - A
GEOGRAPHY - A
SCIENCE - B
MATHS - B
HISTORY - B
GRAPHICS - C
GERMAN - D
ITALIAN - D

AND I CANT GO OUT COS IM NOT FEELING WELL. :(

Bluetoothing A+  :D

Well done though mate, 7 good passes there :buttrock
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolrich » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:50 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:That's reminded me I start my GCSE work this year, my judgement day is 2 years today  :O  :Oo:

me 2 u going to yr 10 when you go back
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby liverpoolrich » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:54 pm

RAFABENITEZ wrote:ENGLISH - A
ENGLISH LIT - A
GEOGRAPHY - A
SCIENCE - B
MATHS - B
HISTORY - B
GRAPHICS - C
GERMAN - D