For the attention of everyone - Please read.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby drummerphil » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:39 pm

Can i just say thankyou to everyone who has sent me goodwill messages over these last few months.I would like to give a special mention to Lynds,Zara,Barry and Alan (judge) for the frequent pms on how i am coping,but obviously there are many more of you.As most are aware this last 9 months i've had prostate cancer,skin cancer (melanoma) been involved in a motorway smash with an articulated lorry and spent 2 weeks in hospital recently with my bowels bleeding.I had a CT scan 2 weeks ago as requested by my cancer doctor and i had biopsys taken from my bowels 5 weeks ago from the patch that was bleeding.I also had a MRI scan yesterday because of my back and neck injuries due to the accident.
The results of the CT scan and biopsys have come back and I'M CLEAR.................I NO LONGER HAVE CANCER..............!!!!!!!!!!!
The bleeding was caused by the medication i have been taking.
You can imagine how i feel especially with having two kids and Christmas so soon and today there have certainly been tears of joy.My team winning the champions league in the summer and the current campaign at home and abroad has lifted me no end, over this awful time in my life, and i will love the club until the day i die, as i will you fellow fans who i cant thank enough for your support.My back injury will take a bit longer but obviously its something i can live with,which with cancer is the complete opposite.
Promise me you will all have a great christmas because i will of that i'm certain..........

YNWA

Phil
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:43 pm

Sh.t hot, nice one mate, guess this Christmas is looking good after all, once again congrats :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:49 pm

Great news phil Hope you have a great xmas  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:52 pm

Fu*king get in Phil, i am so happy for you mate, you deserve that your a top bloke and have a very merry christmas fella, you know you deserve it  :nod
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby matrix » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:52 pm

great news drummerphil   it makes you think sometimes the way we worry about giving away a bad goal and things and you go through that...great news  :)

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:56 pm

Great news phil. Hopefully you've put all those moments behing you. I'm really happy for you mate. Merry Christmas phil and many many more.

YNWA  :buttrock
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:03 pm

My prayers worked, is :censored: right  :buttrock .
I knew our Phil would be okay, I told you mate didnt I this is the best christmas present you could ever give your wife and kids.
Im made up Phil over the  moon well in.
Pure gent, congrats Phil.
And all the best mate to you and your family xxxxxxxxxxxx
Ill have a drink to that.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:20 pm

Fanastic news!! Hope you and the kids have a great Christmas and good luck in the future!!
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:25 pm

Gonna be honest with ya mate, this is THE BEST news and its made my christmas -Prayer power :buttrock

Merry xmas-bang them drums for years and years.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:29 pm

Great news mate.Have a great Christmas with your family.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:37 pm

Great news, I wasn't aware of the condition you were in otherwise I would had sent you a PM like others did. It's good to know that you're ok, especially when you have kids and all.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, mate.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:41 pm

cheers everyone...........i'm, filling up now :sniffle
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:51 pm

fantastic news!! enjoy life phil  :;):

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:47 pm

drummerphil wrote:Can i just say thankyou to everyone who has sent me goodwill messages over these last few months.I would like to give a special mention to Lynds,Zara,Barry and Alan (judge) for the frequent pms on how i am coping,but obviously there are many more of you.As most are aware this last 9 months i've had prostate cancer,skin cancer (melanoma) been involved in a motorway smash with an articulated lorry and spent 2 weeks in hospital recently with my bowels bleeding.I had a CT scan 2 weeks ago as requested by my cancer doctor and i had biopsys taken from my bowels 5 weeks ago from the patch that was bleeding.I also had a MRI scan yesterday because of my back and neck injuries due to the accident.
The results of the CT scan and biopsys have come back and I'M CLEAR.................I NO LONGER HAVE CANCER..............!!!!!!!!!!!
The bleeding was caused by the medication i have been taking.
You can imagine how i feel especially with having two kids and Christmas so soon and today there have certainly been tears of joy.My team winning the champions league in the summer and the current campaign at home and abroad has lifted me no end, over this awful time in my life, and i will love the club until the day i die, as i will you fellow fans who i cant thank enough for your support.My back injury will take a bit longer but obviously its something i can live with,which with cancer is the complete opposite.
Promise me you will all have a great christmas because i will of that i'm certain..........

YNWA

Phil

all the best mate. absolutely brilliant news. :buttrock
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Lionheart » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:23 am

Who needs Xmas?? This is as good as it gets.

Great news Phil, I am really please for you and your family. Now STAY well!!! :D

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum