Football club for sale

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dward » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 pm

My Dad noticed this when he was reading The Times yesterday. The advert was like this:

Prestigious European Football Club For Sale

Well I rang up because I wanted to see which club it was but didn't get an answer. I left a message, and when I was upstairs, they rang back and my Dad answered the phone.

He had to play along and it turns out it's a Belgian club (he couldn't tell us the name of the club) that was for sale for £7m. For that you got everything - the club, the stadium, the land etc. He said they have European history, they are one of the top Belgian clubs and they usually get around 20,000 for their games.

:D

Maybe Anderlecht or Club Brugge?
Last edited by dward on Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:08 pm

How much did you bid then?? :D
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:12 pm

be;gian football club for sale?

you do waffle on a lot dward :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:53 pm

gimmie the number, it will be a value investment for me :D
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:37 am

We should all chip in and buy it! I've got a fiver. We're half way there already!
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:51 am

lol..849 and round one is underway. what we need is some of them fat sumo suits and a nice picnic day in a field with trees and rainbows and we can make chicken and coleslaw and sandwiches with egg or ham or corned beef with mustard or mayo and we can fly kites or play frisbee or football or that mini cricket game which is quite fun and it will all be good and we can skip and play all day and when it gets late we can make a campfire and sing gingganggoolygooly gooly gooly watcha ging gang goo ging gang goo and then we can toast marshmallows on sticks or do that thing where you cut opena  banana and put some chocolate inside then wrap it all in tingfoil and it goes all gooey or we could tell ghoststories like the one about the guy who cuts peoples fingernails so low down that it hurts when tyou write coz that happened to me once when i cut my fingernails too low that it hurt when i wrote.

so lets do that :)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:37 pm

dawson99 wrote:lol..849 and round one is underway. what we need is some of them fat sumo suits and a nice picnic day in a field with trees and rainbows and we can make chicken and coleslaw and sandwiches with egg or ham or corned beef with mustard or mayo and we can fly kites or play frisbee or football or that mini cricket game which is quite fun and it will all be good and we can skip and play all day and when it gets late we can make a campfire and sing gingganggoolygooly gooly gooly watcha ging gang goo ging gang goo and then we can toast marshmallows on sticks or do that thing where you cut opena  banana and put some chocolate inside then wrap it all in tingfoil and it goes all gooey or we could tell ghoststories like the one about the guy who cuts peoples fingernails so low down that it hurts when tyou write coz that happened to me once when i cut my fingernails too low that it hurt when i wrote.

so lets do that :)

lololololol

sounds like a plan, snap about the fingernails thing..
melted nana's for me =]
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Dom1 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:38 pm

dward wrote:My Dad noticed this when he was reading The Times yesterday. The advert was like this:

Prestigious European Football Club For Sale

Well I rang up because I wanted to see which club it was but didn't get an answer. I left a message, and when I was upstairs, they rang back and my Dad answered the phone.

He had to play along and it turns out it's a Belgian club (he couldn't tell us the name of the club) that was for sale for £7m. For that you got everything - the club, the stadium, the land etc. He said they have European history, they are one of the top Belgian clubs and they usually get around 20,000 for their games.

Maybe Anderlecht or Club Brugge?

i think yes what about you?
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby taff » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:39 pm

Im sure I read somewhere that some guy was buying a football club and you can get shares at £5 each or something like that, then the members all vote online about policy and even selection.  It sounded a good idea but I havent heard or seen anything else about it since.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby No Mark » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:03 pm

taff wrote:Im sure I read somewhere that some guy was buying a football club and you can get shares at £5 each or something like that, then the members all vote online about policy and even selection.  It sounded a good idea but I havent heard or seen anything else about it since.

http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/

I've signed up for what you are talking about here mate. It was £35 to sign up and when we got so many "shareholders" we would bid for a club.

Sounds like a great idea, don't know how feasible it is, but seems like good fun.
No Mark

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:21 pm

No Mark wrote:
taff wrote:Im sure I read somewhere that some guy was buying a football club and you can get shares at £5 each or something like that, then the members all vote online about policy and even selection.  It sounded a good idea but I havent heard or seen anything else about it since.

http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/

I've signed up for what you are talking about here mate. It was £35 to sign up and when we got so many "shareholders" we would bid for a club.

Sounds like a great idea, don't know how feasible it is, but seems like good fun.

Is this serious?

If so, it sounds ridiculous IMHO and just a matter of time before it goes t!ts.
LFC2007

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:19 pm

Note to self : See if JMac can invent a system where by Lando and peewee cant see, read, quote copy or reply to each others posts.

Note to self: Go to Morrisons tomorrow lunch for dinner.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:49 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:Note to self : See if JMac can invent a system where by Lando and peewee cant see, read, quote copy or reply to each others posts.

so why don't you do what you promised us all when you became mod and deal with the abuse, 'stupid t*t' is abusive is it not? just like 'stupid b*stard' in the rafa thread, maybe we can all start being abusive then and calling people names as it seems to be tolerated for one poster, and if its tolerated for him then it has to be tolerated for all. if people can not put a point across or disagree with a point without reverting to name calling or abuse then it really does show a lack of intelligence, if they have been warned for it before and then carry on doing the same ting, that also shows a lack of respect to other posters on her who have to read the drivel.
112-1077774096

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:29 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:Note to self : See if JMac can invent a system where by Lando and peewee cant see, read, quote copy or reply to each others posts.

Note to self: Who am I talking to?
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:30 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:

Note to self: Who am I talking to?

manhattan loves bold posts and talks in the third person most of the time

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum