Favourite bands/artists - What's your top 5?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby JC_81 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:21 pm

Far too hard to pick one band as your favourite I feel, so what would your top 5 be?

Fairly into my guitar music myself and play a bit as well, Id go for...

Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin
Nirvana
The Pixies
Deftones
Foo Fighters (ok I couldn't narrow it down any more than 6!!)

There seems to be good diversity in musical taste on this forum judging by the 'what music are you listening to now thread'.

I just feel that there is not that much music coming out right now that makes me want to rush out and buy it (or even download it).  The new foo fighters album is class and I liked the Franz Ferdinand, Velvet Revolver and The Killers stuff, but apart from that...

That's why I've gone for predominantly older stuff on my list.  What do you guys think? :)
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:29 pm

john craig wrote:Far too hard to pick one band as your favourite I feel, so what would your top 5 be?

Fairly into my guitar music myself and play a bit as well, Id go for...

Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin
Nirvana
The Pixies
Deftones
Foo Fighters (ok I couldn't narrow it down any more than 6!!)

There seems to be good diversity in musical taste on this forum judging by the 'what music are you listening to now thread'.

I just feel that there is not that much music coming out right now that makes me want to rush out and buy it (or even download it).  The new foo fighters album is class and I liked the Franz Ferdinand, Velvet Revolver and The Killers stuff, but apart from that...

That's why I've gone for predominantly older stuff on my list.  What do you guys think? :)

you don,t feel there isn,t enough good music coming out now,did you see the list for this years mercury music prize,how many new acts were in that list.i think the last two years and especialy this year has been awesome for british music,the diversity and strength of british music is the best anywhere in the world today.my five top acts ever are                                                                                      radiohead
       the beatles
       the stone roses
       nirvana
       coldplay
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:38 pm

Backstreet Boys , Britney Spears, Take That, Vanilla Ice and Mr Hammer :laugh:

True TOP 5 :
- TuPac (RIP)
- Gangstarr (great lyrics)
- Nas (also great lyrics)
- Morcheeba (chillout)
- Cypress Hill (I Love You Mary Jane - got the T-shirt :D )
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:45 pm

-the beatles
-dave matthews band
-four play
-manhattan transfer
-sting
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:48 pm

mighty mo wrote:you don,t feel there isn,t enough good music coming out now,did you see the list for this years mercury music prize,how many new acts were in that list.i think the last two years and especialy this year has been awesome for british music,the diversity and strength of british music is the best anywhere in the world today.

Matter of opinion Mo, yes I did see the list and no I don't think it's as great as you say.

Britain is producing a lot of new bands at the moment but a lot of them are over-hyped imo

Generally I think American bands are better (as you can see from my list), but that's the beauty of music, no 2 people like exactly the same stuff.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Afroman » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:51 pm

Top 5

REM
Coldplay
Frank Sinatra
ac/dc
Bon Jovi

:buttrock
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:54 pm

Afroman wrote:Top 5

REM
Coldplay
Frank Sinatra
ac/dc
Bon Jovi

:buttrock

Afroman ??? No Afroman in your top 5 artists ???  :laugh:
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:56 pm

Very similar taste and i also play a wee bit of guitar all be it quite badly
My top 5 in no particular order are probably
Radiohead-purely original, anyone who says they are balnd are depressing are showing ignorance beyond belief!Just listen to the bends album 3 times and ul be hooked!
Goo goo dolls-A bit cheesy some might say! But a particular album has very sentimental meanings for me and a certain other beautiful person who is no longer around!
U2-Amazing,need say no more!But i will anyway,the Joshua tree,probably one of the greatest albums ever recorded,seen them live at Croke pk a while back!! GREAT live too!
Red hot chilli  peppers-Different,funky,class
Foo fighters-Probably my fave at the moment,great album after great album!The latest being in your honour which i think is pure class! Not to mention Dave grohl and the rest of the boys are probably the most down to earth fellas in rock ith no ego's and they're feet firmly on the ground!Also fu.cking amazing live :buttrock  :nod
66-1120597113

Postby neil » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:57 pm

Pink Floyd   
Mid-late 80's U2
Orbital
Simon & Artgarfunkel
All house music stuff from 87-88-89  :)  :)  :)
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:34 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Very similar taste and i also play a wee bit of guitar all be it quite badly
My top 5 in no particular order are probably
Radiohead-purely original, anyone who says they are balnd are depressing are showing ignorance beyond belief!Just listen to the bends album 3 times and ul be hooked!
Goo goo dolls-A bit cheesy some might say! But a particular album has very sentimental meanings for me and a certain other beautiful person who is no longer around!
U2-Amazing,need say no more!But i will anyway,the Joshua tree,probably one of the greatest albums ever recorded,seen them live at Croke pk a while back!! GREAT live too!
Red hot chilli  peppers-Different,funky,class
Foo fighters-Probably my fave at the moment,great album after great album!The latest being in your honour which i think is pure class! Not to mention Dave grohl and the rest of the boys are probably the most down to earth fellas in rock ith no ego's and they're feet firmly on the ground!Also fu.cking amazing live :buttrock  :nod

Good stuff Barry

The foo fighters new album is superb.  Loved the acoustic cd, just proves what a great band they are, are just as good acoustic as they are electric. 

Been into the foos since they got together, never seen them live and that's something I'm making a mission to do before they split up

What do you think of the Pixies?  I have been into them for a long time, but not many people seem to know them very well despite them being one of the bands that inspired the great Kurt Cobain.  Have had the privelege of seeing Frank Black (Pixies singer) live in a small venue.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:35 pm

the beatles
Led Zeppelin
the Rolling Stones
U2
AC/DC
Black Sabbath
Metallica
Sublime
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Pink Floyd
Jimi Hendrix
The Clash
The Sex Pistols
The Doors
Aerosmith
iron maiden
The eagles
Last edited by The Canadian Red Army on Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:39 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:the beatles
Led Zeppelin
the Rolling Stones
U2
AC/DC
Black Sabbath
Metallica
Sublime
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Pink Floyd

Good choices CRA

Glad to see another Zep fan, and Paranoid is one of my faves but Sabbath narrowly missed out on my top 5 as did Metallica (Hetfield's voice is one of the best in rock)
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:13 pm

neil wrote:Pink Floyd   
Mid-late 80's U2
Orbital
Simon & Artgarfunkel
All house music stuff from 87-88-89  :)  :)  :)

nice stuff neil :cool:

the first 5 I can think of off the top of  my head:

Prodigy
Chili peppers
Leftfield
Rage against the machine
Massive Attack

genres of music I like are mid/late 90's trance (well, some of it at least) electronic chillout stuff and the original balearic beats from 1988/89. also like some mental metal like motorhead :buttrock
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:59 pm

No favorite bands or groups I like most music, infact tonight Ive boogeyed to JLO to Candy Stanton, Young hearts run free me fav  :D Then Youll Never Walk alone, better than anything :love:
Last edited by Ciggy on Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:23 pm

:D youre like me then cisse -we fall into the "easy listening " category.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum