Fantasy football: - But not as we know it!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dward » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:51 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
dward wrote:If it gets filled up, do our squads get chosen then?

When it's filled up i think ace can bring the draw forward.

But I'd still like a few more days to sort out my choices.

:)

So would I.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scouser 'til I die » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:57 pm

dawson99 wrote:wait, i might have read it all totally wrong, thats just the way i see it going..anyone else agree?

I do agree, if you read the help tab then it  does indicate that that is the case, or they would have put different lists for different positions wouldn't they

I'm ok im sorting it out now, thanks again dawson would have been a frightning encounter come squad revealing  :laugh:

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:18 pm

11.3 Player Allocation: Premier League players are allocated to each Team on the basis of the player ranking assigned by the entrant, and the entrant order assigned by the Game. So the top-ordered Team will be allocated their top- ranked player. The second in order Team will be allocated their top-ranked player, unless he has already been allocated. Once each Team has been allocated one player, the ranking is reversed, so the last ordered Team will be allocated the next player, and then backwards through the Team order. Player allocation will also be made on the basis of that player's position until each Team has a complete Team in a 4-4-2 formation as well as three position-specific substitutes, with priority being given to position over player ranking. For instance, if a Team has been allocated 5 midfielders (consisting of a left midfielder, 2 central midfielders, a right midfielder and one additional midfielder from any midfield position) and 6 defenders and goalkeepers (consisting of a goalkeeper, a left back, 2 central defenders, a right back and one more defensive player from any of these positions), but no forwards, the next player allocated to that Team must be a forward, no matter that the entrant has ranked another midfielder more highly. The final result of the player allocation process is that each Team will have a squad of 20 players which will be formed of at least 5 midfielders, 6 defenders/goalkeepers and 3 forwards.

This should explain it for you. They will arrange your first team in a 4-4-2 + subs. You won't end up with 5 goalkeepers or 9 strikers just because they are placed above the rest.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:56 pm

This list ripped from the Newkit Premier League might come in handy as a rough guide to use in this Timesonline league, when it comes to help ranking your players in the 400+ list. Ive used it up to a point so far in conjunction. Just a suggestion like...

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/playerlist.html

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby scouser 'til I die » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:10 pm

red37 wrote:This list ripped from the Newkit Premier League might come in handy as a rough guide to use in this Timesonline league, when it comes to help ranking your players in the 400+ list. Ive used it up to a point so far in conjunction. Just a suggestion like...

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/playerlist.html

:D damn it i done exactly that haha, you revealed my secret  :laugh: thought it would give me a upper hand in a way

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby red37 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:09 pm

:;):

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:12 pm

Damn you Brits are helpless when it comes to proper American style fantasy.  It is designed so that there could be a LIVE draft with the selections coming at random ( and the next round in the reverse order so that if you pick last in one round you pick first in the next)  Because of time zone differeces and the incredibly low chance of having everyone online at the same time, you just make preferences and the computer makes the picks for you.  Pretty much if you rate a player higher than everyone else, you are nearly garunteed to get them, except for the first round where it is tricky like if you have Stevie G as 2 (and for some crazy reason everyone else has him 4 or 5) and you pick 7, you still wont get him becuase other people's 1-3 players would more than likely be the same so they would be getting their 4th pick Stevie G at the number 5 slot.  What i REALLY like about this game is that the starting off list seems to be nowhere near what the best 400 players are, so it requires a LOT of work and "skill" on the part of the fantasy player.  In America they want anybody to play even if they know feck all about players and list it in the order of a collection of all the fantasy experts, so there is a lot less changing around in the order that needs to be done. 

I took the last spot by the way :p
JoeTerp

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:33 am

Now we have a full boat, I'll move the draw date forward. I was thinking the 8th, That'll give us all time to mess around with our lists prior the draw and then a day or so to adjust squads before the season opener. Sound ok?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:38 pm

Do it
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:06 pm

on the website now it says my player allocation is 15, that just randonm for now and will change? if not im gonna make my faves my 15th choices :D

i can see this being fun, but im on holiday from the 9th so we better have it sorted on 8th so i can have a few hours to sort my sh!t out
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scouser 'til I die » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:23 pm

dawson99 wrote:on the website now it says my player allocation is 15, that just randonm for now and will change? if not im gonna make my faves my 15th choices :D

i can see this being fun, but im on holiday from the 9th so we better have it sorted on 8th so i can have a few hours to sort my sh!t out

Hehehe ye i'm on me hols in a weeks time also, would be nice to move it forward to the 8th or even before that, unless anyone is in desperate need of more time...

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:14 pm

Ok, I couldn't find how to change the date so I mailed the site and since we have filled up the league, I can no longer change the league settings. So, the date stays the same. This means we will miss out on the first game of the season, but that could make it more interesting. If someone gets off to a flyer, they might make it into your list, or climb from 12th to 2nd. Also, players might come into the premiership late who you feel worthy of a spot in your list.

As for positions in the draw, I think they might stay as they are. But if you read the rules (which I have at length today) if you are 15th, that also means that you're at 5th. I can't be bothered to explain the whole damn thing, but trust me, no-one is going to get short changed in the draw.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scouser 'til I die » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:39 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Ok, I couldn't find how to change the date so I mailed the site and since we have filled up the league, I can no longer change the league settings. So, the date stays the same. This means we will miss out on the first game of the season, but that could make it more interesting. If someone gets off to a flyer, they might make it into your list, or climb from 12th to 2nd. Also, players might come into the premiership late who you feel worthy of a spot in your list.

As for positions in the draw, I think they might stay as they are. But if you read the rules (which I have at length today) if you are 15th, that also means that you're at 5th. I can't be bothered to explain the whole damn thing, but trust me, no-one is going to get short changed in the draw.

Could also work against you. Say you have put hard work into finding a gem of a player that could turn out as one of the best players for the season, and he has a blinder first game, then people get attracted to him and put him high on the list, making it more difficult for you to obtain him for his squad. Bit unfair if you ask me, but highly unlikely

But I know thats not my case, so who am I to complain :laugh:

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby scouser 'til I die » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:36 pm

haha I've just logged onto the site today, and guess what, I'm first in the list for player allocation :D

It's clearly a good thing, but can someone explain what it means. Does it mean i get to choose the player i want the most, or does it mean i get to choose the squad i want most? Just wondering what it meant cause I'm first :D

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby scouser 'til I die » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:43 pm

scouser 'til I die wrote:haha I've just logged onto the site today, and guess what, I'm first in the list for player allocation :D

It's clearly a good thing, but can someone explain what it means. Does it mean i get to choose the player i want the most, or does it mean i get to choose the squad i want most? Just wondering what it meant cause I'm first :D

Right i understand now. Looks like I'm getting Steven Gerrard :p :D. For everyone who wants to know also:

1.3 Player Allocation: Premier League players are allocated to each Team on the basis of the player ranking assigned by the entrant, and the entrant order assigned by the Game. So the top-ordered Team will be allocated their top- ranked player. The second in order Team will be allocated their top-ranked player, unless he has already been allocated. Once each Team has been allocated one player, the ranking is reversed, so the last ordered Team will be allocated the next player, and then backwards through the Team order. Player allocation will also be made on the basis of that player's position until each Team has a complete Team in a 4-4-2 formation as well as three position-specific substitutes, with priority being given to position over player ranking. For instance, if a Team has been allocated 5 midfielders (consisting of a left midfielder, 2 central midfielders, a right midfielder and one additional midfielder from any midfield position) and 6 defenders and goalkeepers (consisting of a goalkeeper, a left back, 2 central defenders, a right back and one more defensive player from any of these positions), but no forwards, the next player allocated to that Team must be a forward, no matter that the entrant has ranked another midfielder more highly. The final result of the player allocation process is that each Team will have a squad of 20 players which will be formed of at least 5 midfielders, 6 defenders/goalkeepers and 3 forwards.

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum