False widow spiders...what should i do?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby RedSi35 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:58 am

No answer from Lakes............. He and his family are probably cocooned in in spider webs in their garden whilst slowly being devoured by the earwigs.

Nice knowing ya Lakes :D
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:30 am

RedSi35 wrote:No answer from Lakes............. He and his family are probably cocooned in in spider webs in their garden whilst slowly being devoured by the earwigs.

Nice knowing ya Lakes :D

:D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:36 am

maypaxvobiscum

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:09 pm

tubby wrote:What happened with them spiders Lakes? Did you get an exterminator yet?

yes but the exterminator said we might have to pull the garden shed down as he thinks the nest is under it, not such a bad idea as i am looking to get a new one.
they have made their way up the garden now, find them at night about the back door, easy to see and kill then lol

my wife had a bite on her toe the other day, we dont know what was from but mad her foot turn twice the size and could not walk on it muh for two days. she had been doing some work in the garden in the morning and theres it could have been one of the spiders,

we have been given some strong spray to use (well i say given we had to buy it off the exterminator) but the spiders seem to love it, done half a can on 6 of them last night and they just walked off lol

i would say we have killed around 50 so far by hitting them,
my wifes party is on the 4th july and we have got to make sure the garden is safe by then.

next door also has been getting them in the last few week aswell.

what i have been doing is puttng bread down by the shed,m the birds come down and eat the bread, i did hope they would eat the spiders too, but the birds seem to fly away from the spiders....wimps lol

i take it the birds know they hurt lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:20 pm

I'm gonna suggest getting a different exterminator to rip the shed off and spray, get a guy whose spray actually will kill em off :D
SupitsJonF

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:57 pm

lakes10 wrote:
tubby wrote:What happened with them spiders Lakes? Did you get an exterminator yet?

yes but the exterminator said we might have to pull the garden shed down as he thinks the nest is under it, not such a bad idea as i am looking to get a new one.
they have made their way up the garden now, find them at night about the back door, easy to see and kill then lol

my wife had a bite on her toe the other day, we dont know what was from but mad her foot turn twice the size and could not walk on it muh for two days. she had been doing some work in the garden in the morning and theres it could have been one of the spiders,

we have been given some strong spray to use (well i say given we had to buy it off the exterminator) but the spiders seem to love it, done half a can on 6 of them last night and they just walked off lol

my wifes party is on the 4th july and we have got to make sure the garden is safe by then.

what i have been doing is puttng bread down by the shed,m the birds come down and eat the bread, i did hope they would eat the spiders too, but the birds seem to fly away from the spiders....wimps lol

Trying to get the birds to do your dirty work for you?  :laugh:

Mate serioulsy you need to get that shed taken down and get someone a bit more heavy duty. Id be :censored: scared if they were running around in the garden, especially if I had kids too.

My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:18 am

Get a load of this. These critters seem to have a taste for spiders, although they would probably cause a bigger problem than the spiders themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k92HPR0AK_k&feature=fvsr

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brentd4 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:56 am

Kenny Kan wrote:Lakes, watch this spider catcher funny as feck :laugh:

The only thing this drongo catches is his foot!

feck that, i actually jumped when the spider moved, awful, got the creeps badly lol
brentd4

Postby tubby » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:12 pm

brentd4 wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:Lakes, watch this spider catcher funny as feck :laugh:

The only thing this drongo catches is his foot!

feck that, i actually jumped when the spider moved, awful, got the creeps badly lol

The moment the spider jumps the dad takes 1 quick glance up there and then he's out in a flash.  :laugh:

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:13 pm

tubby wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

Trying to get the birds to do your dirty work for you?  :laugh:

Mate serioulsy you need to get that shed taken down and get someone a bit more heavy duty. Id be :censored: scared if they were running around in the garden, especially if I had kids too.

we had 4 in the house last night, pulled up most of the boards in the shed today...nothing.

just spent £40 on on a spary (comes with a gun) but once used we can not go in the garden to 24hrs, got to cover my veg that i am growing aswell.

with a bit of luck this will be the end of it, i am told that once they are in your garden they will always be there but this spray will keep the numbers done, we did find two egg sacks the other day, each must of had over 1000 tiny spiders in it......use a can of raid on it lol.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:15 pm

tubby wrote:Get a load of this. These critters seem to have a taste for spiders, although they would probably cause a bigger problem than the spiders themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k92HPR0AK_k&feature=fvsr

wonder if i can by fire ants by the tin lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:32 pm

Your garden scares me Lakes
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:03 pm

It scares me too. Garden full of black widow's? Fk that mate. And you got kids too, and a party coming up. You need to torch that garden and start it over from scratch mate.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:44 pm

tubby wrote:It scares me too. Garden full of black widow's? Fk that mate. And you got kids too, and a party coming up. You need to torch that garden and start it over from scratch mate.

thats just it mate, the garden is not that big , i say around 25ft by 70ft,,, might be bigger, but we have done so much work in it over the last year, cut all the trees dow arart from one, got shot of all the old wood and bricks.

evert time i start to grow anything something new comes along at eats them, i am going out earwig shooting in a min lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:57 pm

:laugh: Get your missus to take some pics of you earwig hunting mate. Will be a hit on youtube guaranteed. :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum