Ever been tempted by another team

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:55 am

I'd rather eat sh*t every day for the rest of my life than support another club.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:45 pm

all i remember was, when i was six years old, (it seems to me everything happened when i was six years old) was that i found myself in front of the television, at 4 pm waiting for power rangers to start. instead, this football match came on and i sat there for a whole hour, fixated on the screen. there was a team in red against a team in blue and white stripes.

i was six, i didnt know any better, but something in me just wanted the team in red to win. i guess that did it for me then.

i memorised the abbreviated l'pool on the top corner and whenever i could get hold of a newspaper, or catch the ending segment of every newscast, i would always look for that " l'pool " and see how they were doing.

what did it for me was a whole year later at the tender age of seven. first year in primary school, where every single kid dealt in the underground black market of collectible merlin sticker cards :D  - did i get my hands on a robbie fowler. :)

it was meant to be i think.

oh yeah so in other words, NO.  :talktothehand   :D
Last edited by anti-hero on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:52 pm

Being a Geordie I get the whole Newcastle-Sunderland thing everytime I say I support Liverpool. I always admired Liverpool but never screamed and shouted and watched games all the time. The Reds helped me through some tough times when I was younger, winning a few trophies along the way. I dunno, they just felt right to me, cant really explain it. From there I really got into watching them and talking to other Reds. You can't buy the pride the supporters of this club have, it's unique. They were there for me when i needed them so I'm here for them til the end. Simples. No way I'd ever think about supporting another bullsh!t club, not a chance. Red till I die
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:16 pm

God ive been tempted loads of times,

The Ressies :;):
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:07 pm

NANNY RED wrote:God ive been tempted loads of times,

We were talking about football not your sex life  :D
account deleted by request

Postby kazza » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:22 pm

I support two teams...Liverpool

and whoever plays Utd (unless it is Chelsea or Everton in which case I just feel sick) :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:36 pm

Had a little flirtation with Birmingham when i was about six , arl fella soon beat that out of me . :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:47 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Had a little flirtation with Birmingham when i was about six , arl fella soon beat that out of me . :D

Birmingham  :laugh: fkinell Igor lad  Birmingham :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Had a little flirtation with Birmingham when i was about six , arl fella soon beat that out of me . :D

:laugh:  Hopefully that was when Francis and Latchford were banging in the goals mate..... can't remember a decent Birmingham side since then  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:27 pm

s@int wrote:

:laugh:  Hopefully that was when Francis and Latchford were banging in the goals mate..... can't remember a decent Birmingham side since then  :D

I did say i was six ffs , yeh it was when they had francis and latchford saint mate. Don't know what came over me to be honest . My brothers still take the p!ss about it now .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
s@int wrote:

I did say i was six ffs , yeh it was when they had francis and latchford saint mate. Don't know what came over me to be honest . My brothers still take the p!ss about it now .

I always knew there was something dodgy about you "lash"!
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:11 am

After living in Germany for a few years, I generally keep an eye on results there, particularly Kaiserslautern. I was in their stadium a few times, "Am Betzenberg", and it's a real cauldron...stands are dead close to the pitch so it's like you're right on top of the game....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum