End of - blair - Judgement day !

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby zarababe » Thu May 10, 2007 11:52 am

The announcement of Blairs plans to leave the Premiership
(lol no pun intended) is being screened at the moment - 27th June.

What's his legacy ay?

And how diffrent would Britain have been under the Majestic John Smith.

and what now ...?
Last edited by zarababe on Thu May 10, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu May 10, 2007 12:18 pm

Good ridance and to think I voted him into power, 30 pound extra tax Ive had to pay on each flight to pay for his unneccesary war in Iraq that countless innocent lives have been lost.
Green tax me @rse.
Letting thousands of paedofiles swan around when they should be castrated and hung up.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu May 10, 2007 12:24 pm

RAFA for prime minister!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu May 10, 2007 12:30 pm

Don't know much about politics in England.

Thatcher was perceived in Spain as a monster, she represented better than anybody the old rivalries with Albion

Major was seen as a conservative fresh air, much better than Thatcher

And Blair was seen as friendly, as the kind version of England, and with kind words towards Spain, which was a change, and the only hope so that a country that should be leading Europe as they're important part of the history of Europe keeps implying in the European Union.

But for what I know in this forum and another computers forum (people from London, Birmingham, Leeds, no scousers), in the local politics he's not that succesful it seems, despite that forum has a majority of labourist guys. (BTW never heard a bad word about Scousers from my mates there in 10 years).

As long as Liverpool keeps winning, I don't bloody care who you vote. :)
Last edited by Sabre on Thu May 10, 2007 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Thu May 10, 2007 12:40 pm

Lee J wrote:RAFA for prime minister!

:laugh:
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:42 pm

I dont know too much about politics, and never will anyone Prime minister keep 50 odd million people happy at once.

FWIW, I think Blair was decent enough, obviously I didnt agree with everything he did, but like I said he cant please a whole nation. People have different needs and conflicting ones.

I dont agree with the war on Iraq for instance, but looking back on it we've at least kept a relation in tact with the Yanks at least. I'd rather stand by their side than say............. most countires in Europe, we have good relationship with a world super power, still got our fingers in pies in and around Europe and the world.

I say again  I didnt agree with the war on Iraq, but would rather back the Yanks up than the French or someone.

One thing I'm glad Blair didnt pull off ! The conversion of the Euro :(  I think generally the English are loosing their identity. And going down that river would of well and truly put the final nail in the coffin.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Fri May 11, 2007 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby stmichael » Thu May 10, 2007 12:45 pm

zarababe wrote:how diffrent would Britain have been under the Majestic John Smith.

no nonsense  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 10, 2007 12:46 pm

If you think Blair is bad just wait till Gordon Browns had a go. Brown robbed our pensions and next he will rob the NHS.

Monday, April 02, 2007

How will Gordon Brown's 'pensions raid' affect you?
Posted at: 00:01
Gordon Brown was accused yesterday of overseeing the "failure" of the pensions system after ignoring officials' advice on a controversial tax reform.

Confidential memos - finally made public after a two-year battle - showed Treasury officials raised concerns that changing the way dividends were taxed would cost pension providers up to £4 billion a year and leave pensioners and low-paid workers worse off.

Mr Brown was also advised that the move would accelerate the closure of lucrative final salary pension schemes and cause share prices to dive by up to 20 per cent, according to the documents.

Shadow Chancellor George Osborne seized on the revelations, claiming: "It is time Gordon Brown faced the music for the damage he's done to British pensions."

Daily Telegraph
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu May 10, 2007 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 10, 2007 1:01 pm

Margeret Thatchers one big mistake was Poll Tax. Aside from that she is exactly what we need again. She took no sh!t -

Argentina invade The Falklands - Sent the troops in immediately.
her and the husband nearly gets get blown up by the IRA - Continues the conference the next day regardless

Blair is the epitome of a spineless leader who does everything to please everyone. Although I can't see David Cameron being a new Thatcher - it's a step in the right direction.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeffiroquai » Thu May 10, 2007 1:07 pm

He should be on the doc in the Hague with his buddy GW!
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu May 10, 2007 1:11 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Margeret Thatchers one big mistake was Poll Tax. Aside from that she is exactly what we need again. She took no sh!t -

her and the husband nearly gets get blown up by the IRA - Continues the conference the next day regardless

Blair is the epitome of a spineless leader who does everything to please everyone. Although I can't see David Cameron being a new Thatcher - it's a step in the right direction.

What about John Major? what's your take on him?  :)
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu May 10, 2007 1:12 pm

Blair did well in Northern Ireland and realised life isn't as simple as Thatcher thought it was. Now peace is there after compromises by all. It couldn't have come with Thatcher.

He did mess up big time on Iraq though.

I disagree with the people who posted earlier who think that Britain should back America in any war - regardless of whether it is right or wrong.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu May 10, 2007 1:14 pm

Sabre wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:Margeret Thatchers one big mistake was Poll Tax. Aside from that she is exactly what we need again. She took no sh!t -

He's a boring old prune, I have no political opinion about him.

But voting Conservative in the 80's and early 90's usually meant you were pretty well off, as they looked after the rich more.  :nod
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Thu May 10, 2007 1:15 pm

Big Niall wrote:Blair did well in Northern Ireland

The only good thing he done when in power glad its sorted out now.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu May 10, 2007 1:18 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
Sabre wrote:

He's a boring old prune, I have no political opinion about him.

But voting Conservative in the 80's and early 90's usually meant you were pretty well off, as they looked after the rich more.  :nod

But that's what right winged or conservative parties do all over the world, always no?  :laugh:

I see what you mean, to be honest, it's more and more difficult to know where stands the old frontier between the left and right wings, and all the parties seem everywhere to occupy the centre and moderate their traditional speech. I think it's something that happens everywhere, not sure if in UK aswell.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum