Dr rafa

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Ciggy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:09 pm

RAFA AWARDED HONORARY DOCTORATE
Paul Eaton 04 February 2008

Rafael Benitez has been awarded with an Honorary Doctorate from the Miguel Hernandez University (Elche) in Spain. 
The Liverpool boss was delighted to welcome a delegation from the Spanish University to Melwood on Sunday morning where an official document of his award was presented to him.

The delegation was made up of representatives from the University and included Jose Maria Gmez Gras, Joaquin Julian Pastor, Jose Antonio Trigueros Piña, Eduardo Cervello Gimero and Gandia Balaguer.

They all attended Saturday's 3-0 victory over Sunderland at Anfield and took time out to visit the Beatles museum in the city centre during their stay.

The official ceremony will take place in Spain on June 4.

"I'm really pleased and proud," said Benitez today. "The award is in recognition of a long career in football. It's not easy to spend so long in one career after you leave university and so I am delighted.

"Of course to have a long career you need the support of your family and the other people behind you on your staff. I've had that and been fortunate that everyone has been working really hard with me." 

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N158714080204-1509.htm  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:21 pm

Congrats Rafa
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum