Dont worry all those who copy, i wont judge you

but jesus will :p
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:42 pm

Mikz wrote:
JBG wrote:
Mikz wrote::laugh: Go on Bazza-If its not nailed down lift it!!
Ill wager my own bet here that the people who are so morally correct are the ones who download  everything Its not free really when you are paying 25 quid a month internet charges ..

Stick to Whats your Occupation Sophie!  :angry:  :angry:  :D

ha  I  used to be an internet thief..but i recieved a torrent of abuse over it

??? Sophie who?

Ellis Bextor.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:48 pm

Sabre wrote:
Personally i dont burn onto disc for 2 reasons i dont know how to and also the copies always scratch way before an original will and dont last!!

That's a very good point. My room is a little mess and I'm not careful enough with the cds I buy. Thus they scratch easily, and sometimes I had to download a cd to recover it. That practice is legal in Spain, as it's a backup for a product u have.

Which leads me to one of my main complaints. When attacking piracy, the industry always blamed the technology (emule, bittorrent) when the technology itself is not the one to blame.

Downloading is not illegal. P2p is not illegal. Downloaded *copyrighted* material IS illegal. And excuse me but saying that you must kill the technology because most people download not to back-up or evaluate but to watch, is a travestry. If they aren't able to come up with a decent copy protection system, we don't have to pay for their incompetence. P2P is a valid sharing system, end of.  :rasp

Well said Sabre mate!!

Just out of interest.....how much would you expect to pay for a normal Top 40 album in Spain??

Over here you can get one for around £10 in supermarkets ranging up to £14 for the same album in some shops!
66-1120597113

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:55 pm

im talking about films u illiterate idiots!!!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:02 pm

Excuse me Dawson, the name of the Topic was or was not "Downloading is wrong" ??? I know that you were talking about films, and I certainly do feel simpathy to your mates with difficulties (I also have a theatre actor as a friend, tough job), but industry has deliberatedly attacked tech with such phrases "downloading is wrong" , "Downloading kills your heros" etc, etc, etc, and that misleads. I think it is necessary to stress the difference.

BarryBelfast: last time I checked (I don't use to buy top40 albums but oldies and local minoritary groups) more or less the same as up there. But since our wages are more shít than the ones up there, I can say music is even more expensive here.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:05 pm

JBG wrote:
Mikz wrote:
JBG wrote:
Mikz wrote::laugh: Go on Bazza-If its not nailed down lift it!!
Ill wager my own bet here that the people who are so morally correct are the ones who download  everything Its not free really when you are paying 25 quid a month internet charges ..

Stick to Whats your Occupation Sophie!  :angry:  :angry:  :D

ha  I  used to be an internet thief..but i recieved a torrent of abuse over it

??? Sophie who?

Ellis Bextor.

:D ahhhh its all very clear to me now
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:12 pm

Sabre wrote:Excuse me Dawson, the name of the Topic was or was not "Downloading is wrong" ??? I know that you were talking about films, and I certainly do feel simpathy to your mates with difficulties (I also have a theatre actor as a friend, tough job), but industry has deliberatedly attacked tech with such phrases "downloading is wrong" , "Downloading kills your heros" etc, etc, etc, and that misleads. I think it is necessary to stress the difference.

BarryBelfast: last time I checked (I don't use to buy top40 albums but oldies and local minoritary groups) more or less the same as up there. But since our wages are more shít than the ones up there, I can say music is even more expensive here.

the main rant was at everything. but now as its evolved ive turned it to film.

ANYONE who says downloading films is fine is just an idiot to be honest. Its illegal, its wrong, its cheap, its just out of order. Its stealing. simple as that.

the muisc thing is a grey area. theres a lot of sites that bands own that ask u to download the odd song. but people are downloading albums by the thousand, and thats wrong as well.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:14 pm

ANYONE who says downloading films is fine is just an idiot to be honest. Its illegal, its wrong, its cheap, its just out of order. Its stealing. simple as that.

Perhaps so. Perhaps I'm an idiot. :) . But since I don't have that old feeling of having bought athentic shít when I had bigger expectations, I don't feel idiot anymore. And at the end of the day, that is what it counts to me. :)
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:20 pm

Sabre. if i gave your ip address to the police tho you would get arrested and possibly fined thousands for piracy tho, and that'd suck right? :;):
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:27 pm

Sabre. if i gave your ip address to the police tho you would get arrested and possibly fined thousands for piracy tho, and that'd suck right?

Yes, would make you very impopular here. :) And honestly you can try as an experiment. I know for sure nothing will happen. The efficient english police would call the Spaniard one, and they'll say yes yes and keep watching the Real Madrid match.

Not that I doubt your capabilities, but here it is my ip! 87.223.130.224, it's dynamic :)

Even if they cared, they'd be pursueing real pirates, people who profit with all this. Simply, there wouldn't be enough jails to put all of us there. So please, do so. Just for a laugh .
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:33 pm

lol..i wouldnt ever do it, just something that anonys me..
and on this ending, bon nuit all, until tomorrow :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:40 pm

I think Dawson is right: it IS wrong and I don't think the fact that the "corporations" that own the intellectual property behind films etc are wealthy doesn't really justify it.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Honolulu Bob » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:02 pm

The "corporations" were happy to screw people for years by over charging.
You can get new CD's for £7 when they used to charge twice that but can't now because people simply wouldn't pay it.
If I download a album that I really like though I'll still usually go and buy it because I think the artist/s deserve to be paid for their talent and hard work.
Try before you buy that's what I say.

(Honolulu Bob is sponsored by Limewire)
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun
Honolulu Bob
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:05 am

Honolulu Bob wrote:The "corporations" were happy to screw people for years by over charging.
You can get new CD's for £7 when they used to charge twice that but can't now because people simply wouldn't pay it.
If I download a album that I really like though I'll still usually go and buy it because I think the artist/s deserve to be paid for their talent and hard work.

Well, you WOULD say that.  :sleep
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby columbia » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:33 pm

JBG wrote:
Honolulu Bob wrote:The "corporations" were happy to screw people for years by over charging.

Well, you WOULD say that.  :sleep

Seriously though, dont we have a right to no if we like something before we buy it? Why should we have to pay £10 for a CD and then find out we dont like it?
columbia

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum