Downloading is wrong - And illegal

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby drummerphil » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:34 pm

wahayyyyyyyy  welcome back Barry
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:35 pm

WTF BB. Spot on!!!!  :D

(but all their points are respectable and understandable, tbh.).
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:38 pm

drummerphil wrote:wahayyyyyyyy  welcome back Barry

Cheers Phil !!

Hows your vagina mate??

OOps sorry i meant to say angina!! :D
66-1120597113

Postby drummerphil » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:41 pm

when i was told i  had acute angina..........i thought the cheeky bent :censored: :D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:41 pm

Honolulu Bob wrote:
JBG wrote:piracy hurts

Aye, so go hard or go home!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :D

Shut it JBG ya big bleedin' nonce!!
Steal what ya want I tells ya, if you don't do it some other bugger will!!
I loves a bit o' piracy an no mistake!!  :pirate

Scallywag.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:48 pm

Downloading movies is a "try before you buy"?

Give over Barry, you've gone soft in the head from your sabbatical from the forum. :laugh:

If you download a movie you are not going to rent it on DVD, thus depriving the makers of the movie rental revenue.

People that buy DVDs almost always buy films that they have already seen, either in the cinema or films they have rented or on telly. They buy them because they love the films. I'll wager that people who illegally download the Matrix or what not have already seen the film, want to have it in their collection, but are too tight to pay a few quid for a legal copy.

New released DVDs are a rip off, but if wait a year or two you'll pick it up for around £6.99. Only new DVDs or rare foreign films are very expensive: almost all films that were released three or four years ago can be picked up very cheaply if you shop around.
Last edited by JBG on Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:23 pm

God bless DVD Shrink!

Copy anything perfectly!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:24 pm

:laugh: Go on Bazza-If its not nailed down lift it!!
Ill wager my own bet here that the people who are so morally correct are the ones who download  everything  :D Its not free really when you are paying 25 quid a month internet charges ..
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:27 pm

God bless DVD Shrink!

Copy anything perfectly!

Yeah , I know some mates that say god bless alcohol and Nero, but in the other hand wouldn't bother to register the product :D We must admit that not in our case of course :D , but there is a lot oh hypocresy out there too
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:10 pm

Mikz wrote: :laugh: Go on Bazza-If its not nailed down lift it!!
Ill wager my own bet here that the people who are so morally correct are the ones who download  everything  :D Its not free really when you are paying 25 quid a month internet charges ..

Stick to Whats your Occupation Sophie!  :angry:  :angry:  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:16 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:It looks like a lot feel quite strongly about this topic!

I dont really see it as stealing and definately dont think its immoral and no-one should feel bad about doing it in my opinion!
But basically if i download a movie or C/D i do it in a try before you buy way!
In that i mean if i like what i hear or see i am likely to go out and spend money on the original!
The reason for this is i cant afford to purchase every movie or a copy of every album i think i may enjoy..
Lets face it im sure we have all bought an album that we think we may appreciate only to get it home and realise that 2 songs are decent and the rest are utter balls!
As for people saying its not fair on artists breaking through into the business,well thats balls !
If they work hard enough and have the talent people will appreciate what they do and become fans ! Fans of bands will always buy the originals if they truely are just that!
Basically i see downloading as a handy perk of technology that we should feel free to exploit in a world were we are robbed daily from high tax and the like!EVERYONE is out to make money from each of us.
There aint many freebies about so when they come along grab them with both hands!

welcome back barry

i love ya, but not in a gay sense, so dont get yer hopes up

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:29 pm

JBG wrote:Downloading movies is a "try before you buy"?

Give over Barry, you've gone soft in the head from your sabbatical from the forum. :laugh:

If you download a movie you are not going to rent it on DVD, thus depriving the makers of the movie rental revenue.

People that buy DVDs almost always buy films that they have already seen, either in the cinema or films they have rented or on telly. They buy them because they love the films. I'll wager that people who illegally download the Matrix or what not have already seen the film, want to have it in their collection, but are too tight to pay a few quid for a legal copy.

New released DVDs are a rip off, but if wait a year or two you'll pick it up for around £6.99. Only new DVDs or rare foreign films are very expensive: almost all films that were released three or four years ago can be picked up very cheaply if you shop around.

Its only my opinion JBG !! I've countless Dvds and C/ds gathering dust that i bought that i never use because they are shi.te ! Its good to know what you are buying before you waste cash.
Personally i dont burn onto disc for 2 reasons i dont know how to and also the copies always scratch way before an original will and dont last!!
I still buy music that i genuinely like,i just dont waste it on shi.te i think i may like.
I dont have the money to buy everything i fancy and also our dvds etc are way more expensive than the rest of Europe and the states!
I'd rather spend my hard earned cash on other things like Holidays and trips to Liverpool to see football !!

Do i or should i or anyone else feel bad about downloading..No way !!

Oh and BTW my time in forum limbo has had an effect on my brain,but a positive one!!  :D
66-1120597113

Postby Mikz » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:31 pm

JBG wrote:
Mikz wrote::laugh: Go on Bazza-If its not nailed down lift it!!

Stick to Whats your Occupation Sophie!  :angry:  :angry:  :D

:laugh: ha  I  used to be an internet thief..but i recieved a torrent of abuse over it

??? Sophie who?
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:31 pm

Judge wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:It looks like a lot feel quite strongly about this topic!

I dont really see it as stealing and definately dont think its immoral and no-one should feel bad about doing it in my opinion!
But basically if i download a movie or C/D i do it in a try before you buy way!
In that i mean if i like what i hear or see i am likely to go out and spend money on the original!
The reason for this is i cant afford to purchase every movie or a copy of every album i think i may enjoy..
Lets face it im sure we have all bought an album that we think we may appreciate only to get it home and realise that 2 songs are decent and the rest are utter balls!
As for people saying its not fair on artists breaking through into the business,well thats balls !
If they work hard enough and have the talent people will appreciate what they do and become fans ! Fans of bands will always buy the originals if they truely are just that!
Basically i see downloading as a handy perk of technology that we should feel free to exploit in a world were we are robbed daily from high tax and the like!EVERYONE is out to make money from each of us.
There aint many freebies about so when they come along grab them with both hands!

welcome back barry

i love ya, but not in a gay sense, so dont get yer hopes up

:D

Thanx Judge!! :laugh:  :devil:
66-1120597113

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:33 pm

Personally i dont burn onto disc for 2 reasons i dont know how to and also the copies always scratch way before an original will and dont last!!

That's a very good point. My room is a little mess and I'm not careful enough with the cds I buy. Thus they scratch easily, and sometimes I had to download a cd to recover it. That practice is legal in Spain, as it's a backup for a product u have.

Which leads me to one of my main complaints. When attacking piracy, the industry always blamed the technology (emule, bittorrent) when the technology itself is not the one to blame.

Downloading is not illegal. P2p is not illegal. Downloaded *copyrighted* material IS illegal. And excuse me but saying that you must kill the technology because most people download not to back-up or evaluate but to watch, is a travestry. If they aren't able to come up with a decent copy protection system, we don't have to pay for their incompetence. P2P is a valid sharing system, end of.  :rasp
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum