Dental pain - Whats worse than that....

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby red37 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:09 am

last year i had 3 teeth removed at the dentist: 2 of them had abcesses in them and the other was just falling out. id left it and left it until the point where they had developed bloody great cracks in em and of course the slightest wind or liquid/food entering your mouth is nothing short of absolute mind-numbing torture forget chewing anything, infact forget even opening your gob. the excruciating searing discomfort is beyond description. id even driven to the hospital late one night when, quite simply even looking out of one eye had become a miserable task. such was the demonic clanging in my head. at the ozzy they eventually gave me some suppository thing (voltorol i think it was) that you stick up your backside. after half an hour the pain started to recede. but of course only for as long as the medication was effective. and before long i was back to walking with my head constantly on one side due to the severity of being unable to even lift it up.. things were that bad.

in the end i was dragged to the dentists (in fact i rode my ZX9r for 7 excruciating bump riddled miles with all kinds wrapped around my face) and succumbed to an hours reconstruction work on my now almost disintegrated molars. the thing is, ive recently started to get that horrible 'pulsating' feeling again, this time in another tooth and im in dread at the thought of a repeat nightmare. but, the way things work with dentists, as im sure you are aware is. if you dont go for a check-up after a while they scrub you from the patients list. leaving little or no help in an emergency. forget these 'emergency' ones-they are just full to bursting with people in dire need of a decent dental service in the first place. and short of topping yourself through sheer agony arent that convenient anyway. round here if its after 6 your f***ed. even the hospitals wont act for some bizarre reason. i mean you are in obvious discomfort-so you go to the only place you can go to if it is late or on a weekend: A&E. but they seem unable to do anything that falls under 'dentistry' even in a place that heals the sick....wtf

then there is the only other temporary option available. the dreaded and quite disgusting 'Clove Oil' which frankly is of equal uselessness if things have got to the stage where even your vision is affected. a few drops of that 5hite isnt doing any good is it. and neither are over the counter analgesics.

ive been kicked in the balls before. stubbed many an errant toe on the bed frame. been thrown around a rugby pitch. ive fell out of trees and ive even set a lit ciggy onto my hand for 2 minutes (for a tenner) but nothing, and i mean nothing at all can come close to the pain of severe dental distress in my book. anyone else fallen victim to its curse. and does anybody know of alternative remedies in relieving the pain. should i fail to grow sufficient balls to find a new dentist in time   :D   :sniffle

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:17 am

:D

Moral of the story? - Keep your dental appointments! :laugh:

Sorry mate - I had to have a couple of tiny fillings after I'd not been to the dentist for 6 years, and I was in agony from that!

It's like you've had a metal tent-peg hammered into your tooth. :O :sniffle
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:31 am

I havent had a filling or toothache for over 20 years, but I moan and groan over a scale and polish every 6 months so I dont think I would fancy what you have had Red37. Worst pain I have had is broken ribs with a cough, which is probably no where near as bad as what you have had to suffer.

Both my parents had all their teeth till their deaths, so hopefully I have good genes and will keep mine. As Lando says regular visits to the dentist may help mate.
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:33 am

Worst pain I've ever had? Hmmm...

I've had a lot, to be fair.
Back pain is always a f*cker. Sometimes it's like you've been stabbed.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:08 am

i am actually scared of the dentist, i need tratment now but i keep putting it off until the pain is worse than the fear   :D
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:10 am

peewee wrote:i am actually scared of the dentist, i need tratment now but i keep putting it off until the pain is worse than the fear   :D

The Dentist is your friend peewee. As you sit down just grab him by the balls and say "we arnt going to hurt each other are we?"  :D

Postby red37 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:31 am

s@int wrote:
peewee wrote:i am actually scared of the dentist, i need tratment now but i keep putting it off until the pain is worse than the fear   :D

The Dentist is your friend peewee. As you sit down just grab him by the balls and say "we arnt going to hurt each other are we?"  :D

:laugh:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:31 am

actually in bangkok there are dentists everywhere and treatment is quite cheap, im trying to pluck up the courage to get the full monty, comsetic dentistry also, i do need it.
112-1077774096

Postby red37 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:42 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Moral of the story? - Keep your dental appointments! :laugh:

i know mate  :(  otherwise ill end up with a gob like a vandalised graveyard. mind you im only one facial contortion away from being in pole position for that 'gurning' job i saw advertised last week as it is - so looking like Stetoe could well be to my advantage.

ill get the yellow pages out when i get up.... wtf im already up!!

ahh well, another sleepless night spent setting the world to rights: no wonder im falling to bits  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:42 am

peewee wrote:actually in bangkok there are dentists everywhere and treatment is quite cheap, im trying to pluck up the courage to get the full monty, comsetic dentistry also, i do need it.

if you do it- ill go as well- deal?  :)

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:45 am

red37 wrote:
peewee wrote:actually in bangkok there are dentists everywhere and treatment is quite cheap, im trying to pluck up the courage to get the full monty, comsetic dentistry also, i do need it.

its a deal mate, get yourself out here, we can be in the dentist all day and the gogo bars all night

112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:50 am

This is probably a daft question as they are probably have more advanced dentistry than we do, but do they have proper hygene practises against HIV/AIDS over there?

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:06 am

s@int wrote:

This is probably a daft question as they are probably have more advanced dentistry than we do, but do they have proper hygene practises against HIV/AIDS over there?

yes mate, its squeaky clean in all places, even the places that look poor from the outside generally have good practices.

i use the private hopitals here mate and they are like hotels, very clean and efficient, most doctors and dentists trained in the UK, australia or the US.

actually i do have a cure for toothache, its to do with a pressure point, pinch the skin between the thumb and index finger on you left hand as hard as you can, it makes the pain of the toothache go away
112-1077774096

Postby red37 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:14 am

peewee wrote:
red37 wrote:

its a deal mate, get yourself out here, we can be in the dentist all day and the gogo bars all night

sounds good to me m8  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:18 am

red37 wrote:
peewee wrote:
red37 wrote:

sounds good to me m8  :D

and if we find the right dentist we can probably literally be in the dentist all day

112-1077774096

Next

Return to General Chat Forum