Congratulations rangers - Greatest team in scotland

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby NANNY RED » Sat May 30, 2009 10:23 pm

Effes wrote:The Kop always used to chant, Rangers..Celtic..Rangers..Celtic in the eighties.

I always shouted Celtic because they signed players regardless of their religious background, as
opposed to Rangers who refused to sign anyone who wasn't protestant.

Now, Im not bothered either way. It's LFC all the way; Barca are my 2nd team.

:laugh: Thats who i used to shout for an all , it was mad then half shouting celtic the other rangers, I think my alleigence with them came to be honest when Kenny signed, ive been to a good few testimonials there an all
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:11 pm

I just saw on sky news that the catholic man in NI who was murdered (and his protestant wife really badly beaten) last sunday was fuelled by the Scottish leagues last day.

Rangers and Celtic both owe the communities of NI by coming out openly against all this stuff. Both clubs must ban fans who sing IRA or UDA or other sectarian songs or anyting that supports/glorifies such organisations.

They MUST also use their supporter clubs in NI to stamp out this. LFC has a great rivalry with Manure, Arsenal with Spurs etc - I'm not saying stamp out rivalry but the evil element of it.

BOTH glasgow clubs are cowards. :angry:
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:01 pm

Big Niall wrote:I just saw on sky news that the catholic man in NI who was murdered (and his protestant wife really badly beaten) last sunday was fuelled by the Scottish leagues last day.

Rangers and Celtic both owe the communities of NI by coming out openly against all this stuff. Both clubs must ban fans who sing IRA or UDA or other sectarian songs or anyting that supports/glorifies such organisations.

They MUST also use their supporter clubs in NI to stamp out this. LFC has a great rivalry with Manure, Arsenal with Spurs etc - I'm not saying stamp out rivalry but the evil element of it.

Hmm, welcome to the last 60 or so years of the north.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:30 pm

It doesn't mean it should be accepted.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:37 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Big Niall wrote:I just saw on sky news that the catholic man in NI who was murdered (and his protestant wife really badly beaten) last sunday was fuelled by the Scottish leagues last day.

Hmm, welcome to the last 60 or so years of the north.

Indeed!!

No ones forcing you to stay here though..you can always feck back off over the border!! :rasp  :D

In all seriousness though,its tragic when football sparks something as bad as this.I still am not sure how the dead mans friend is,lets just hope he pulls through!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:35 pm

Why don't both clubs make an effort to kick sectarianism out of football?

Its not that long ago throwing bananas at John Barnes was considered okay - if football makes an effort it can change things to a degree.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:40 pm

they should carry on building Hadrians wall all the way around the coast of scotland then fill it with water :p
Last edited by Roger Red Hat on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:54 pm

Niall: the politics are bad tho. Rangers fans are now banend from singing the hokey cokey as it offends catholics??? The pc world is up in arms with stupid songs whilst the killings and stuff are going on!!!

And Lee, Scotland is a fantastic country, People are friendly, the highlands are amazing and I've never got into trouble there and im there 5 or 6 times a year
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum