CONDOLENCES FOR GEORGE BEST

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby liamac » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:12 am

It hasnt been ruined PeeWee , its just a discussion between two members of the site, exactly what it was meant for.
You dont agree with me about it being sad  about George Best passing away , thats your perrogative and you have a perfect right to your own view.
When i started this thread i new that  there would be people who wouldnt agree with me ,and also some,  that will probably critisise me for even mentioning the mans name on a Liverpool discussion forum .For me those people are wrong , Best was simply the "best" , even Pele said it , how many footballers can anyone name who actually nutmegged Cruff ? well George Best did .

In my own honest opinion for what its worth , as a bloke who appreciates good football , George Best was a joy to watch and when a footballer of his skill with the ball passes away then its a sad day for football ....................which ever team he played for !!
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:18 am

Soon to RIP George Best!
One of the most if not the most talented players ever born!
Pewee i also find your comments very offensive but i cant be fu.cked getting into another row on here again
If you dont agree with the initial post surely its easier to say nothing than abuse a man in his final hours of life from anonominity behind a p/c and drag another thread into the gutter!
Just leave it will ya fella?
66-1120597113

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:23 am

liamac wrote:It hasnt been ruined PeeWee , its just a discussion between two members of the site, exactly what it was meant for.
You dont agree with me about it being sad  about George Best passing away , thats your perrogative and you have a perfect right to your own view.
When i started this thread i new that  there would be people who wouldnt agree with me ,and also some,  that will probably critisise me for even mentioning the mans name on a Liverpool discussion forum .For me those people are wrong , Best was simply the "best" , even Pele said it , how many footballers can anyone name who actually nutmegged Cruff ? well George Best did .

In my own honest opinion for what its worth , as a bloke who appreciates good football , George Best was a joy to watch and when a footballer of his skill with the ball passes away then its a sad day for football ....................which ever team he played for !!

there is no questioning his football ability and my dislike of him is not due to who he played for, its simply down to him as a man and his behaviour. in fact i wouldnt say i hate him even, i just am not really bothered by the situation he is in, maybe i should just have ignored the thread 

anyway me and mikz are still friends, we chatted in pm and thankfully it was calmy resolved, the last thing i wanted was another argument. thanks mikz   :nod
112-1077774096

Postby liamac » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:37 am

Thats good to hear you and mikz are still loved up PeeWee :p ........just kidding.

You were right to say what you think tho PeeWee , yes the man was flawed and you found some of his off field actions offensive  like  most men would ( wife beating etc ) , the man was an alcoholic  ,an addiction  and like many an  addict  , he found it impossible to stop. Has anyone on here ever smoked or tried to stop smoking ? i have and i tried loads of time to stop smoking. I didnt finally succeed until id been rushed into hospital with chest pains and since then i havent smoked ............now im  on 20 riggleys a day and weigh 20stone  :D  :D

Jokes apart , the man was a genius  but a flawed genious , but like everyone  else , he  was only  human
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:42 am

All i can say is that he did it to himself.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:04 am

liamac wrote:OK i know this has nothing to do with Liverpool 

That's right! so keep your crocodile tears for general chat
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:05 am

im guessing he has passed now?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:08 am

no he's still milking the attention.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:10 am

they said he wouldnt last 24 hours, i thought he would of passed away by now
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:15 am

No...just typical of Best ,doesn't know when to call it quits when the he gets the shout "Times up".
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:26 am

Bit harsh Supersub?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:50 am

supersub being harsh, this is truly a scary day.
maybe its slight sarcasm saying that 'good old george best, always there making attention'
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:53 am

supersub wrote:he's still milking the attention.

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:
Wish the press would stop hovering like vultures around the hospital.Giving us hour by hour reports , as if we give a sh'it.
Best, a great player BUT that was 40 years ago ,since then he has steadily drank himself to the grave , no sympathy from me .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:53 am

BarryBelfast wrote:Pewee i also find your comments very offensive

which comments bazza? i dont want to argue either but i dont see how you can be offended by my honesty about really not caring. i wasnt offensive.
112-1077774096

Postby JBG » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:42 pm

I'm not shedding crocodile tears: I know Best was a flawed man. He was a shocking alcoholic, a philanderer and acted like a child throughout his life. All the same, the man is dying and an awful lot of people are genuinely upset by that, not to mention his family and loved ones.

I heard about the wife beating and he also assaulted a policeofficer years ago, but I think a bit of perspective is needed. Its not Gary Glitter we are talking about here.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum