Censorship - Owzat is right

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby big al » Fri May 28, 2004 11:46 pm

Today I posted a thread on the so called advanced forum I was careful to say the words alledgedly which covers even the most ardent lawyers yet the post was delete, 24 hours earlier I asked if there was the potential for a euro 2004 manager taking over as liverpool manager.
I asked for opinions and views this also was deleted. 

Now, I understand all about keeping the standards of this forum at a high standard but when did it happen that a forum user suddenly find themselves being edited not for bad or foul language but for what a moderator do'sent like. Is this a forum or is it the Supersub, JBG road show.  Its one thing to take away bad language or stories that could result in legal action but there are hundreds of football sites where rumours and dodgy stories are posted.

Is this site being moderated in America or something. We have long standing members like Beavis, Dom1 and Cheesey not gaining access to the advanced forum whilst foul mouthed abusive members such are in there, I have recently started posting again but if this is the way things are going in this forum then I think I'd rather be where the real members with something to say are than stick with censorship which is dispicable.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Fri May 28, 2004 11:52 pm

I saw those posts ,are you sure they haven't been moved to a main discussion area for a wider audience to give their views?
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri May 28, 2004 11:55 pm

I have never posted in another part of the forum to my knowledge (while sober) and don't intend to start.

Personally i think the idea of having a sperate part for advanced members isn't a good idea, while i an understand the logic, it just wouldn't work unless you have a bunch of yes men.

Btw, al...

i dont really get ur point... hope i've covered it tho. lol :D
115-1073096938

Postby big al » Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 pm

I've PM this to supersub

you've created an elite forum where posts are now being edited and deleted where long standing members are being treated like ******. This forum would not exist without Beavis and dom1 and cheesey. If they had'nt been posting for all the early months of this forum then no one would have come here now they are treated like outcasts mate somethings been wrong in our club, now its ozzing onto this forum
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Sat May 29, 2004 12:00 am

I can only assume that an error may have been made,but I can assure you big al this is not some kind of Moderator strong arm forum.
      I hope everyone posts in the main discussion forum,so as to involve as many members as possible because the new forum is still in it's infancy and a few mistakes can occur.As for censorship,I believe the members are the best censors and through them the moderators can keep a steady flow of worthwile threads and posts.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Dom1 » Sat May 29, 2004 12:04 am

Sorry i cannot answer your question about the mssing posts, but i take into account what you say about the moderators.

Although SuperSub is a respected member, the newly instated moderator JBG (to which i have never spoken to during my long stay on the forum) may be a bit dodgy, especially that eye looking at you 24/7 ???  ???

No disrespect, just a matter of opinion (people don't usually take notice anyway), cos i have never exchanged views with you b4 JBG :)

.......and don't worry about losing members either, the only thing keeping me on here is the hilarious antics of beavis and Cheese. :D

see you around...
Dom1 :)
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat May 29, 2004 12:05 am

On saying that tho this is still a good forum.

After a recent decline the standards are starting to rise again.

LFConline, i know i shouldn't advertise, but thats a crackin forum. Thats what we should aspire to be better than :p
115-1073096938

Postby big al » Sat May 29, 2004 12:06 am

Supersub they should be where they where posted And if the are mioved then the people who posted them should be pm. But thats an aside You have stopped people being on the advanced forunm who are long standing members stu the red has received a yellow card for his behaviour yet other members in the advanced forum are way far more abusive the him.  Stu has stepped over the mark but in the end has been agentleman and apologised  for his outburst, yet you and JBG have allowed a member who ahs continually used extra letters to beat the vetting system.  Whatever stu has said he said it plain and open it was passionate and at times annoying  but he has always said it in plain language. he's on a yellow and the worst offender on this forum is in the advanced members forum. " Something smells rotten in the state of Denmark"
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dom1 » Sat May 29, 2004 12:08 am

i wont advertise but i will just give out the name of our strongest competitors........bloody hell!! ???

Thats like me saying    "im not saying anything, but i think that last post was quite dozy"   you see makes no sense......

Dom1 :D  :D
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby Dom1 » Sat May 29, 2004 12:10 am

big al wrote:Supersub they should be where they where posted And if the are mioved then the people who posted them should be pm. But thats an aside You have stopped people being on the advanced forunm who are long standing members stu the red has received a yellow card for his behaviour yet other members in the advanced forum are way far more abusive the him.  Stu has stepped over the mark but in the end has been agentleman and apologised  for his outburst, yet you and JBG have allowed a member who ahs continually used extra letters to beat the vetting system.  Whatever stu has said he said it plain and open it was passionate and at times annoying  but he has always said it in plain language. he's on a yellow and the worst offender on this forum is in the advanced members forum. " Something smells rotten in the state of Denmark"

The name 'Leonmc' springs to mind ? ? ?
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby woof woof ! » Sat May 29, 2004 12:11 am

big al, I wondered what had happened to your post as I went back to review them and they where gone. I think they had been moved to the "general area".
This however does not excuse the arbitary way in which your post was bounced. The idea of a forum free from invaision by "foreign" scum (mancs,lids and bluenoses) plus the odd idiot who just wants to spew abuse is a good idea but if it means that EVERY post (by already approved and invited members) has to meet with some unexplained whim of the "moderators" then I for one will be spending more time with the masses. A restricted forum has it's advantages but I don't want to live in some "Ivory Tower". :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Dom1 » Sat May 29, 2004 12:13 am

.......an Ivory tower with a Free bar and Thai Waitress' :D
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby big al » Sat May 29, 2004 12:13 am

Dom I know I seem a bit out of sorts with my last post but If you call me a ****** then its edited if you call me a fuccker the up it comes  but its the same difference
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat May 29, 2004 12:16 am

dom feck off :p lol (j/k) :;):

al whats this? you like me now? rrrr fanx *goes red* lol

listen right, i deserved a warning. if am honest, i deserve to be banned but am glad that didn't happen. but there are also one or two members who need knockin into shape. some of the things certain people say about the club, ex managers, players and other members are damn right offensive.

i do swear alot aswell but thats just the way i talk in person. ok maybe i go a bit ott on ere but still...

what we don't need is all this p.c. bull, but there has to be a line. direct slaggin of other people and comments like mine deserve a warning at least. when i say slagging, i'm on about when people get to personal and turning things into a personal spat etc.

feck it am drunk an talkin poo sorry :)
115-1073096938

Postby Dom1 » Sat May 29, 2004 12:17 am

ok aL, can u re-phrase that........

didnt quite catch what you mean.......i havent called you a f*cker
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Next

Return to General Chat Forum