Censorship - Owzat is right

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Woollyback » Sat May 29, 2004 1:49 am

Beavo you're actually raising a serious point there. I'm sure we can all see the reason behind the premier forum: a)to keep the monkeys out and b)to try and raise the overall standard of the forum. I personally support the idea of it cos I get fed up with sifting through 50 sh*te posts to get to 1 worth reading

But by excluding people it might divide us? I love all the banter & bollox that gets posted, particularly from you, Cheeso etc etc but if we can keep that in the general discussion bit instead of everything going in the "main discussion" then perhaps that would be job done?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC » Sat May 29, 2004 8:44 am

Remember this is a Liverpool site and forum and I do not agree that supports of other clubs should be allowed in to the new forum as most supports of other clubs come to this site only a few times and are generally plain abusive and not constructive in their posts. Whilst we have always promoted freedom of speech here and respect comments from others, there are 16 other forums in this site where ALL can post (including supporters of other clubs) so having just one forum that is restricted to just Liverpool fans who have shown some level of commitment to this site should not be seen as splitting the membership. One forum out of 17 where only sensible discussion takes place, is not asking for much is it?
Webmaster

Please submit your comments and suggestions for enhancing this site to webmaster@liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk
LFC
LFC Admin

Postby JBG » Sat May 29, 2004 11:06 am

I made a mistake with Big Als post and I have aplogised to Big Al for that in private.

The new forum is not about censorship nor about valuing some people's opinions more than others.

Its simply about letting Liverpool fans talk about serious issues about Liverpool LFC in peace.

There are plently of other forums throughout the website which anyone can talk in: the Advanced Forum is only a small part of the overall website.

As for Cheesie, Dom and Beavis: I don't really know you guys at all as I have spent most of my time on this website in the Liverpool: General Chat. The new forum is only for issues about LFC, and seeing that you guys don't support the club then whats the problem?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat May 29, 2004 11:10 am

If so many of you have a problem with my views or posts, than why have I not received any PM's from you? Not got the town halls hey guys ??

You people make me laugh. Some of you think this is national congress or parliment the way you go on. This is an internet forum, nothing that we say or do will ever have any real bearing on LFC or our lives. Get over yourselves will you.

The way in which you people contradict yourselves is remarkable. You say black then you say white. Just because I stick with my opinion you think I am abusive etc.... GET REAL. If there was no passion then there is a real problem. If you dont want to disagree with other peoples opinions then dont join a chat forum.

You claim as well that I am the vilest person you have ever spoken to. I wonder just how old you are. If you work somewhere and dont hear those sort of words on a daily basis then I can only presume you work in a convent. If you dont want to read these words, then dont go on the internet.

If I swear it is because I feel passionatley about the topic or debate I have entered into. I feel passionate about LFC, and if I read that someone is slating the performance, virtues or anything else about my team, it hurts me. I take it personally. If you dont take it personally when someone berates or slags something you hold dear then you must be a robot.

People come on here thinking they have a god given right to voice their opinion cus they have been a member of this forum for a long time, and they make out as though they are more important then new members, and everyone agrees. I (and others) mention that we know more about the club or players or the like cus we attend the game week in week out and we are berated. That stinks of double standards, and is exactley the contradiction I am talking about.

If you dont like what I have to say then dont read any posts where you see my name in the top left hand corner.

I post under my real name and I post real views. You people who come on here annonomosly with your made up names make me laugh. If you dont have the balls to tell me who you are then dont slag me cus I speak my mind.

Sometimes people go over the top, and that is life. When you feel passionate about something you tend to do so. I have made apologies in the past when I have overstepped the mark, I have the guts to admit when I am wrong and I dont hide behind my made up name when challenged.

People on this forum have called for and got an "advanced" forum, where postees have demanded an area for the more established members. I advocate more scousers or people who go the game should talk and I am berated.

Sometimes I wonder exactley who you people are.

If you dont like what I have to say then PM me, if you feel strongly enough that you hate me, E-Mail me and we can sort it out man to man.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Sat May 29, 2004 1:27 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:I made a mistake with Big Als post and I have aplogised to Big Al for that in private.

The new forum is not about censorship nor about valuing some people's opinions more than others.

Its simply about letting Liverpool fans talk about serious issues about Liverpool LFC in peace.

There are plently of other forums throughout the website which anyone can talk in: the Advanced Forum is only a small part of the overall website.

As for Cheesie, Dom and Beavis: I don't really know you guys at all as I have spent most of my time on this website in the Liverpool: General Chat. The new forum is only for issues about LFC, and seeing that you guys don't support the club then whats the problem?

just to correct you there....

Beavis is actually a liverpool fan  :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby JBG » Sat May 29, 2004 1:35 pm

Dom1: I stand corrected!

I was under the impression that Beavis was an Evertonian.

Anyway, this Advanced Forum thing has been blwon out of proportion. Its only 10% of the whole website.......most people continue to post elsewhere so its not really the end of the world.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dom1 » Sat May 29, 2004 1:46 pm

i suppose not, to tell the truth i am one of the so called "rubbish posters" , but i reckon the advanced forum is a quite good idea from you and the other mods :D

PS: Let Me In :D  :D

Dom1
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby JBG » Sat May 29, 2004 1:51 pm

I never called anyone a rubbish poster.

What happened to your brick?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dom1 » Sat May 29, 2004 1:54 pm

Not saying you have but other people have mate.

Stupid Brick, Always Sleeping :D   :;):

PS: oh yeah, i dunno how long you have been a moderator for, but congratulations, soz if its a bit late :D
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby JBG » Sat May 29, 2004 1:56 pm

Not long Dom1 but I'll probably get fired for upsetting Big Al!  :(
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dom1 » Sat May 29, 2004 1:59 pm

Im sure you won't.......if you let me into the Advanced Forum i will put in a good word for you :D
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby big al » Sat May 29, 2004 7:31 pm

JBG if you get fired for upsetting me then that would be a travesty.  Leon  Thing is lots of people including myself post threads out of anger and then have to crawl back later to apologise but I see they all seem to be done with no forethought or malice directed at individuals.  Stu for example has told me on many occasions he thinks I'm talking balls and thats fair enough, but with you mate I get the feeling that its just part of the game. 

As for my age I'm 38 years old this 4th of July and I worked for a 10 years as a docker in Belfast, Mate I've seen it all and heard it all. So I'm no wee sheltered fella, on top of that I've saw people dying since I was four years old, I went back to University as a mature student having left school in fourth year, for the last tens years I've been working with kids all across belfats trying to help the develop as individuals and human beings.  I'd say one thing I have is a very good judge of character,  Young dom and Beavis there are really exceptionally talented young men.  But Leon theres something about you mate that makes me think your an angry 25 year old who has the world on his shoulders,  I could be And hope I'm way wrong about you, perhaps your a really nice bloke who becomes Mr Hyde when Liverpool FC is metioned.  I don't want thisto turn into some grudge match between us but I'll tell one thing " I don't know everything mate but I know them that does"  so I won't post anything that contradicts you infact I'll steer well clear of that. Life too short and you know what so is the bloody football season.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat May 29, 2004 8:13 pm

big al wrote:Life too short and you know what so is the bloody football season.

That is a classic phrase. Luv it. Keep posting Big Al.  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Dom1 » Sat May 29, 2004 8:45 pm

big al wrote:Young dom and Beavis there are really exceptionally talented young men.

That is a classic phrase. Luv it. Keep posting big AL never a truer word spoken  :D   :D
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat May 29, 2004 8:47 pm

Staying out of this one, not even commenting...... :D  :D  :D
jonnymac1979

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum