Cars - Which one should i buy?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby red37 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:16 am

It depends on what you want from a ride. (and where you are actually able to do it with enough freedom to enjoy it. Ive never been to the Far East so i wouldnt have a clue about the terrain other than from TV and pre conceived ideas of what the roads are like for instance...it'd be daft to import/acquire a balls out racer when the conditions arent suited. (mind you, since when have British roads been much kop)  :glare:

But i myself am over 18 stone and 6 foot high and believe me an R6 would be as cramped as f**k for you as well mate. Unless you were a midget with a penchant for that kind of cheek-flapping, tongue wrapped behind your ear jiggerypokery on two boots...id go for something a little more austere and 'sensible'  :sleep  for the kind of surfaces you lot might have there. Potholes, dirt tracks? and some very good bits inbetween im guessing..

In all sincerity (having owned the 600) you could do far, far worse than a Yamaha Fazer 1000. Plenty reliable - fast, comfy and almost bulletproof! (then again so are Honda C90's!!!)   :laugh:  dont knock em til youve tried eh...

Bandits are fine as well....if a bit industrial. Again, if your commuting down 'A' Roads all day to work and back and the odd 50-100 mile blast on a sunday, nowt could beat em.

But remember, bikes are naughty, unpredictable, noisy and most of all FUN!!!!!   oh and cheap to run.

Be safe and keep it sticky side down.  :cool:  (have you considered something a bit more along the lines of the kind of ride McGregor and Boorman used on their jolly around the world)  ???  might be a bit better suited mate....just a thought.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:24 am

haha, red do you think asia is all jungle and potholes  :D

i live in bangkok mate which is a modern city of 12 million people, the roads are ok although jammed most of the time but there are areas where you could open the bike up, however most of the time would be spent weaving slowly through standing traffic. once you get out of the city the roads clear somewhat and the lack of any real policing here would mean plenty of chances to open it up.

the biggest problem here though mate is other road users, they really are clueless, the ammount of people who dont even know they have mirors is unbelievable  :D
112-1077774096

Postby red37 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:30 am

So no different than over here then.  :D

oh well, i tried. Im getting out this thread now before i end up liking cars more than bikes.   :no

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby babu » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:42 am

ok time to end this discussion. The best car you can buy (apart from any Bugatti)

Holden Special Vehicles Maloo R8

The Maloo baby  :buttrock

ps bamaga, the monaro is awesome as well. prefer patrols to the landcruiser myself.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:05 am

babu wrote:ok time to end this discussion. The best car you can buy (apart from any Bugatti)

ps bamaga, the monaro is awesome as well. prefer patrols to the landcruiser myself.

I personally prefer the shape of a Patrol, but the Landcruiser is slightly the better 4wd out of the two. Both top two fourbys mind.

As for the ute you posted up, its not bad. But soooo not practical.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby babu » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:08 am

Bamaga man wrote:But sooooo Impractical.

pah feck practical mate. I had (for a short time) a black 1992 HSV Maloo.

When you drive that slowly through town, the amount of people that just stop and stare is fecking great !!!!!

As a chick magnet, there is nothing better.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:10 am

babu wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:But sooooo Impractical.

pah feck practical mate. I had (for a short time) a black 1992 HSV Maloo.

When you drive that slowly through town, the amount of people that just stop and stare is fecking great !!!!!

As a chick magnet, there is nothing better.

Furry muff  :D  (fair enough)
66-1112520797

Postby daxy1 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:22 am

red37 wrote:It depends on what you want from a ride. (and where you are actually able to do it with enough freedom to enjoy it. Ive never been to the Far East so i wouldnt have a clue about the terrain other than from TV and pre conceived ideas of what the roads are like for instance...it'd be daft to import/acquire a balls out racer when the conditions arent suited. (mind you, since when have British roads been much kop)  :glare:

But i myself am over 18 stone and 6 foot high and believe me an R6 would be as cramped as f**k for you as well mate. Unless you were a midget with a penchant for that kind of cheek-flapping, tongue wrapped behind your ear jiggerypokery on two boots...id go for something a little more austere and 'sensible'  :sleep  for the kind of surfaces you lot might have there. Potholes, dirt tracks? and some very good bits inbetween im guessing..

In all sincerity (having owned the 600) you could do far, far worse than a Yamaha Fazer 1000. Plenty reliable - fast, comfy and almost bulletproof! (then again so are Honda C90's!!!)   :laugh:  dont knock em til youve tried eh...

Bandits are fine as well....if a bit industrial. Again, if your commuting down 'A' Roads all day to work and back and the odd 50-100 mile blast on a sunday, nowt could beat em.

But remember, bikes are naughty, unpredictable, noisy and most of all FUN!!!!!   oh and cheap to run.

Be safe and keep it sticky side down.  :cool:  (have you considered something a bit more along the lines of the kind of ride McGregor and Boorman used on their jolly around the world)  ???  might be a bit better suited mate....just a thought.

mate all the bikes red has mentioned are nice fast bikes but for city weavin it has to be a yz450 supermoto (import of coarse) i had this bike last year and it is the mutts nutts i still have the yzf450 motox this bike you have to cling to with all you can it weighs feck all and has lots and lots of power i am biased though to the super motos due to a whole family racing motox but for gettin through city traffic they are great and me being over 18st and 6ft 5in they work well aswell

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:29 am

daxy asked me to post this picture of him, the bike is actually full size   :D

112-1077774096

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:45 am

hmm...i'm tempted by the Honda Civic R...i've read lots of good things about it.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:18 am

peewee wrote:daxy asked me to post this picture of him, the bike is actually full size   :D

ha ha!  :wwww

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:29 am

7_Kewell wrote:hmm...i'm tempted by the Honda Civic R...i've read lots of good things about it.

top gear mag tested it against the golf gti, focus st, astra vxr & leon cupra - and it won. not the absolute quickest or most powerful but the most accomplished of the lot - and it was the stig's favourite. and being japanese means it will be bomb-proof quality & reliability. but then again evo magazine did a smiliar test and weren't exactly blown away with it, they preferred the golf gti

moral of the story? go with the one you like the look & feel of best, cos in real world driving there's very very little between the lot of 'em. personally i would go with any of the turbocharged ones - bags of low down torque which means you won't have to wring it's neck to get it to shift like the civic type r

my choice would be the golf gti or focus, focus probably as it's a lot cheaper!
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:51 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
babu wrote:ok time to end this discussion. The best car you can buy (apart from any Bugatti)

I personally prefer the shape of a Patrol, but the Landcruiser is slightly the better 4wd out of the two. Both top two fourbys mind.

As for the ute you posted up, its not bad. But soooo not practical.

Australia has some :censored: cars  :D

The Holden HSV is the only decent looking one.  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:37 pm

Paul C wrote:Australia has some :censored: cars  :D

you guys came out with the commodore sinclair, 3 wheel piece of shit so you can't really point fingers.  :D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:52 pm

babu wrote:
Paul C wrote:Australia has some :censored: cars  :D

you guys came out with the commodore sinclair, 3 wheel piece of shit so you can't really point fingers.  :D

that was over 20 years ago - you convicts STILL make sh*te like that ute thingy today :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum