Cars - Which one should i buy?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:41 am

a lot of people in thailand have the four wheel drives, both in car form and pick up form, they see them as a status symbol and take them on 25 year finance, yes thats right 25 year finance   :D  most pay more for their car than they do for their houses.

anyway i have two cars and a van, i decided against new cars as the way people drive here they just get damaged, and there are so many mopeds that also try and squeeze through gaps and damage you car, i have a VW Vento and a Toyota Corrolla just for pottering around in, i also have this beast below which i use for longer journeys, inside there are just leather seats (no beds as we dont sleep in it), it has TV, DVD etc, 3 litre engine, nice piece of kit to be honest. here it is outside my bangkok house

considering getting a bike also for the busy traffic, mopeds are very cheap here, 500 quid for a new one, but i dont think i will get a moped, a good quality vespa will only cost about a grand, and choppers are plentiful, but i may go for a sports bike, maybe R6.

anyone else here ride bikes?
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby joko » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:42 am

i recommend this budget friendly car
it's light, social, and natural  :D
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:06 am

joko wrote:Image

i recommend this budget friendly car
it's light, social, and natural  :D

:laugh:

BTW nice house Peewee  :)
66-1112520797

Postby daxy1 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:19 am

peewee wrote:a lot of people in thailand have the four wheel drives, both in car form and pick up form, they see them as a status symbol and take them on 25 year finance, yes thats right 25 year finance   :D  most pay more for their car than they do for their houses.

anyway i have two cars and a van, i decided against new cars as the way people drive here they just get damaged, and there are so many mopeds that also try and squeeze through gaps and damage you car, i have a VW Vento and a Toyota Corrolla just for pottering around in, i also have this beast below which i use for longer journeys, inside there are just leather seats (no beds as we dont sleep in it), it has TV, DVD etc, 3 litre engine, nice piece of kit to be honest. here it is outside my bangkok house

considering getting a bike also for the busy traffic, mopeds are very cheap here, 500 quid for a new one, but i dont think i will get a moped, a good quality vespa will only cost about a grand, and choppers are plentiful, but i may go for a sports bike, maybe R6.

anyone else here ride bikes?

first off nice house peewee and those pots outside would last about 5 mins outside are house they would be sold in the one oclock gun

yeah i have a bike i had a yzf450 supermoto last year but sold it and bought a xl600 for the winter (i used it twice) i am considering a sports bike with a twist i want a fireblade streetfighter theyare a really quick nice bike and would also recomend a r6

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:28 am

cheers daxy, i live in a gated community and the guards hut and entrance is in view of the pots  :D , they are mean feckers in uniform and big sticks   :D

i am really considering a bike mate, my bird complains that they are dangerous and to be fair in bangkok it is dangerous, the roads are packed and everyone is blinkered when they drive, but like i say to my bird i can lesson the risk by riding the bike properley and not by riding it like a thai (they seem to think that a car will come off worse than their bike in a game of chicken).

it will save so much time as its not unusual for a 15 minute journey in bangkok to become a 2 hour journey
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:55 am

daxys bike (ps. i will teach you how to host pics and post them at very reasonable rates, in fact babu gave a great explanation to bickmick in the 'what do you look like' thread)   :D

112-1077774096

Postby Woollyback » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:00 am

peewee your van is quality, pure a-team :buttrock  nice house as well! as for bamaga it's nice to see somebody with an off-roader who actually goes err....  off road :D

here's my motor - 165bhp, light as a feather so handles like a go-cart. 0-60mph 7.9 secs, max 137mph. not up there with the current crop of hot hatches on performance but it'll do 33 to the gallon and carry the family about in proper italian style :cool:

b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:05 am

i like alphas mate, a good friend of mine used to run the alpha owners club in the UK but he is dead now, and another good friend works for alpha finance, he is the account manager for the north and ireland. i used to have a 146 and then a 155. i alsways fancied the spyder when they came out or the gtv.

proper drivers cars    :;):
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:10 am

Wolly, it was thought here in the past that Alpha Romeos are good cars, but they consume too much fuel. is it still that way? (not a Fernando Alonso myself, don't know a lot about cars)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:13 pm

Sabre wrote:Wolly, it was thought here in the past that Alpha Romeos are good cars, but they consume too much fuel. is it still that way? (not a Fernando Alonso myself, don't know a lot about cars)

fuel consumption is ok if you drive normally, but it drinks like a fish when you push it. which is most of the time :D  still, if i wanted something sensible i'd have bought an anorak :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:23 pm

Woollyback wrote:
Sabre wrote:Wolly, it was thought here in the past that Alpha Romeos are good cars, but they consume too much fuel. is it still that way? (not a Fernando Alonso myself, don't know a lot about cars)

fuel consumption is ok if you drive normally, but it drinks like a fish when you push it. which is most of the time :D  still, if i wanted something sensible i'd have bought an anorak :D

Yeh, but can you púsh it much up there?

Here you buy an Audi and can't push it  :D the roads are crowded by radars, that take phoros automatically and then send the fine to a central computer. The times of 220 Km/h in endless straight roads in Spanish plains are over.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:54 pm

same here - speed cameras everywhere but you get to know where they are and where is safe to give it some beans :buttrock  anyway, fun isn't just about speed - it's a lot more fun doing 50mph on country lanes than it is doing 120mph on a motorway   :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:57 pm

7_Kewell wrote:i've decided i'm going to buy myself a new motor and i'm tempted with the Ford Focus ST (in organge), anyone know much about these motors?  I can get an ST 2 for 16k and i'm very tempted because it has a top speed of 150!

Kewell, how much do you want to spend on a car?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:42 pm

peewee wrote:anyone else here ride bikes?

yer me.  R6 eh...

not a 'bad' choice especially - if youve got the balls for it go for the R1 instead. The set up on the R6 is notoriously 'fickle' to get just right and the rear end is wallowy if not tackled.

You being a big - ish lad as well, might find it too petite for your frame. IMHO i have to recommend a Kwak ZX9-R. Cheap now as production grinds down and well, WELL entertaining.

quality lump (up to F2) and grunty enough to cart 18 stone with ease. Warning - do not put a 190 rear on em and stick to an Akrapovich can and you'll be sweet.

either that or a 'gixer' - Suzuki GSX-R thou to the 4 wheeled brigade. Or if you really want a battle - try a TL1000 - Mad! Mad power...

mopeds might be your best bet though, based on the geography of where you live.  Yawn....(but you cant beat the grin factor a huge lump between the legs can bring) and im not talking about the kind you get when ogling Kirsty Gallagher on the telly    :eyebrow

other than that you could follow the rest of the sheep who own a Blade  :sleep

OR consider ye this fine wench....

I give you  - The ZX10-R   :hearts

HEAVEN (AND) HELL COMBINED IN ONE BEAUTIFUL PACKAGE

Image   :devil:
Last edited by red37 on Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:01 am

red37 wrote:quality lump (up to F2) and grunty enough to cart 18 stone with ease. Warning - do not put a 190 rear on em and stick to an Akrapovich can and you'll be sweet.

either that or a 'gixer' - Suzuki GSX-R thou to the 4 wheeled brigade. Or if you really want a battle - try a TL1000 - Mad! Mad power...

any chance of an english translation mate    :D

yeah i am a big guy and i didnt realise the R6 was a small frame, a mate used to have one in england and he always preferred the R6 (he had a bandit before) over the R1, said the R6 was a better ride. my big frame also makes me look ridiculous on a moped    :D

to be honest i will buy a second hand bike so my cice will be limited as there are not that many sports bikes on the second hand market here, not many people buy them because of the cost, and most you see for sale are owned by westerners
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum