Cars - Which one should i buy?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:27 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:A new car will depreciate by 30% when you drive it off the forecourt, so no great saving there like.

true, but its driving without the worry and costs of brakedowns, MOts servicing etc. I'm also tempted with the Golf GT but i reacon i would be able to get the ST for even cheaper.  Perhaps even get it for under 16k which wouldn't be bad for a car thats 19-20k list price.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:55 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:A new car will depreciate by 30% when you drive it off the forecourt, so no great saving there like.

true, but its driving without the worry and costs of brakedowns, MOts servicing etc. I'm also tempted with the Golf GT but i reacon i would be able to get the ST for even cheaper.  Perhaps even get it for under 16k which wouldn't be bad for a car thats 19-20k list price.

You not thought about something apart from a 'hothatch'?  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:56 pm

Paul C wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

You not thought about something apart from a 'hothatch'?  ???

not really.  to be honst i think i'm going to go with a Ford because i'll save the cash with the discount.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:17 pm

i went to cardiff this year when we beat chelski and travelled down in the fiesta st blue colour it's a nice car that done 145mph (most of the way there) great little car and quite roomy considering i'm 6ft 5

bamaga man i have a toyota landcruiser its 3 years old and is a dc4 totaly agree it's a top car

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:47 pm

I have a peugot 407, very nice car, not powerful, but I like the handling of it. Also every week and half i fill some gasoline in.

I would also recommend you the Nissan Altima, its not very expensive, costs around 18,000 dollars here.

maybe you have a smaller budget i suppose?  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:51 pm

well i've got myself a job in london and i can afford upto 20k (£)
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:55 pm

7_Kewell wrote:well i've got myself a job in london and i can afford upto 20k (£)

20k a what? month, year, day (maybe), week
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:01 pm

metalhead wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:well i've got myself a job in london and i can afford upto 20k (£)

20k on a car....oh how i wish i earnt 20k a week  :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:06 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
metalhead wrote:

would be amazing innit  :D

yeh, i guess a nissan altima, peugot 407, a honda civic something like that would do nicely. I would advise you to get a japanese car, very effeciant and they dont break down too easily! Do you watch top gear, they really give good tips about cars.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:08 pm

metalhead wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
metalhead wrote:

would be amazing innit  :D

yeh, i guess a nissan altima, peugot 407, a honda civic something like that would do nicely. I would advise you to get a japanese car, very effeciant and they dont break down too easily! Do you watch top gear, they really give good tips about cars.

i do watch Top gear...they called the Focus ST the ASBO of cars  :D

there's so many cars out there, but i'll spend next weekend having a look at some other manufacturers.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:19 pm

are you going to buy from a car dealer, or are you going to the actual company branch(s) in England to buy one?
Last edited by metalhead on Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:39 pm

Might be worth having a look at the new Civic Type R - not everybody's cup of tea looks-wise but it's can cut it with the very best and is roughly the same price bracket as the Focus

Personally I would go for an Alfa 147 GTA. If the Focus ST is the asbo of cars, then the GTA is the life sentence with no parole of cars   :D   They don't make them any more so you'd be looking at used ones but NOTHING in the hot hatch market would give you more of a thrill. 3.2 24v V6, 250bhp through the front wheels...   I've driven a couple and they are absolute brutes, mad as feckin badgers  :laugh:

Last edited by Woollyback on Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:14 pm

Woollyback wrote:Might be worth having a look at the new Civic Type R - not everybody's cup of tea looks-wise but it's can cut it with the very best and is roughly the same price bracket as the Focus

Personally I would go for an Alfa 147 GTA. If the Focus ST is the asbo of cars, then the GTA is the life sentence with no parole of cars   :D   They don't make them any more so you'd be looking at used ones but NOTHING in the hot hatch market would give you more of a thrill. 3.2 24v V6, 250bhp through the front wheels...   I've driven a couple and they are absolute brutes, mad as feckin badgers  :laugh:

very good car, my mate has one, its awesome from the inside..

what about the SLR, mad car, it only cost about 500,000 quid and above, only! not much  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:09 pm

Woollyback wrote:Might be worth having a look at the new Civic Type R - not everybody's cup of tea looks-wise but it's can cut it with the very best and is roughly the same price bracket as the Focus

Alfa's breakdown too much  :no

Honda S2000, Nissan 350z and Mazda RX8 all less than £20k and less chav than a hothatch  :;):
Last edited by Paul C on Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:49 pm

you still got the 200sx paul?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum