Brazilian grand prix - The decider

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:58 pm

Bernie Ecclestone should encourage women to become F1 drivers.

That will attract a whole new market to the sport.

Manhattan is serious BTW.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bammo » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:01 pm

I'm sure there's some scientific research that shows women can actually withstand the G-forces better than men. Either that or it was a very weird dream i had...???
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:05 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Bernie Ecclestone should encourage women to become F1 drivers.

Been done before - last one was Giovanna Amati around 1992ish. She was f*cking rubbish.

If memory serves, she drove for Brabham, and when she was binned it was actually Damon Hill that replaced her, getting his first F1 drive.
ivor_the_injun

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:33 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Wilhelmsson wrote:
lakes10 wrote:There is a fact that can not be overlooked, F1 has been one of the most racist sports ever, i think there has only ever been one other driver in f1 that was black and he never got a race and was only ever a test driver, he went onto indy car.

I can’t stand this attitude, it’s as a bad as the Nazi attitude IMO. Why is everything in life down to race?

The England football team has no Middle Eastern players despite Asians being a strong community in many places in the UK, is the English grassroots level racist against Asians?

Not many black people or Asians attend Slipknot concerts, are Slipknot racists? I get sick and tired of this ‘let’s welcome every race into everything to create equality’. It in itself is positive discrimination a form of racism; I prefer to call it down right rim licking myself, but each to his or her own.

People should be judged on their abilities and not their skin colour. If a person has a gift for something then why should their skin colour come into the equation?

"Nazi"

You lost

The reason i asked for you to explain what you were on about is  you said that there are lots of asian kids in sport at grass roots who dont go far. Well having something to do with grass roots football on a personal level. I think you will find that yes the are plenty of Asian kids involved and yes some of them are good but you can not put it down to them not getting selected because of there Race. 

What you can put it down to though is a kids family not supporting them and taking them were they want to go.

We had a good Asian kid on our books and quite a few pro clubs came sniffing, the kid wanted to go but he never had the support of his family. this happens quite alot in sport with Asian Familys they would sooner there children study than waste there time chasing a dream.

My lad is a coach at Charlton Athletic at the academy and they have the same problem there you can have good Asian kids but when there parents says enough is enough it stops.

So were in a catch 22 situation the kids are there at grass roots and they are being selected but when they have no one to take them training or to matches  what are you supposed to do
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wilhelmsson » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:02 pm

It was a rhetorical question, it didn't need an explanation.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:11 pm

well as far as im concerned no English grass roots level in any sport is not racist if the talent is there it will be nurtured but it is also down to the kids familys giving support aswell
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:35 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Bernie Ecclestone should encourage women to become F1 drivers.

That would be good, only make them reverse into the pitstop ! Now that would be worth watching !

F1 isnt racist just boring.....so very very boring.....I won the paint drying competition by the way....against my brother....but he won the snail race.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:11 am

Wilhelmsson wrote:If you’re referring to me as Nazi then you are an absolute fool, there is no evidence to suggest that F1 is an racist organisation. You are playing the race card and the look at me I’m a jumped up politically correct campaigner who wants quotas for everything, so everyone is defined by their race and not their abilities.

No i am talking about the unwritten rule that if you have to use the words "Nazi " or " Hitler" to make your point in a conversation you lose.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:13 am

Women do very well in Indy car and nasa car in america
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:16 am

the main reason asians are not more predominant in football is due to there education. A far greater percentage of asians go on to further education and have a strong family system and religious system where education is more important than sports. just the way it is, not sure on the figures.

Race is always an issue in ever form of life, and it involves racism to ALL races, not just black and asian...

but thats for another topic methinks
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:29 am

And Liverpool have never had a mongolian centre forward, why are we racist against mongolians and their ability to be centre forwards?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:32 am

could be a decent defence  :P

0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:54 am

dawson99 wrote:the main reason asians are not more predominant in football is due to there education. A far greater percentage of asians go on to further education and have a strong family system and religious system where education is more important than sports. just the way it is, not sure on the figures.

Race is always an issue in ever form of life, and it involves racism to ALL races, not just black and asian...

but thats for another topic methinks

Good post and very well put.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:55 am

Big Niall wrote:And Liverpool have never had a mongolian centre forward, why are we racist against mongolians and their ability to be centre forwards?

You must have a Spanish link to get a look into the first team now. lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:11 pm

apparantly they are like Roberto Carlos at free kicks - they can't get past the wall
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum