Brazilian grand prix - The decider

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dawson99 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:24 am

im kind of agreeing that he deserves some respect. but he was born into the game, mclaren have spent millions on him and he does have the best car by FAR. he made some mistakes that cost him the title. every car has malfunctions as wellbut rekonen (sp i know) is a much more deserved winner

he also needs to earn respect though if you ask me.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:31 am

dawson99 wrote:im kind of agreeing that he deserves some respect. but he was born into the game, mclaren have spent millions on him and he does have the best car by FAR. he made some mistakes that cost him the title. every car has malfunctions as wellbut rekonen (sp i know) is a much more deserved winner

he also needs to earn respect though if you ask me.

I wouldn't say he had the best car by FAR. At the highest level it's very close, Ferrari have been exceptional for a number of years. Their car didn't suddenly turn sh!t.

Hamilton's worked his way through the various levels of racing from an early age, he's shown dedication, determination and is an exceptional talent.

His mistakes were retrievable, like I said, losing 8 sec's or so in the first lap wouldn't have cost him. Losing 40 sec's due to mechanical error effectively put him out of the title race.

The Chinese GP also, no tyre prob's, and he probably earns a podium.

The car lacked reliability at absolutely crucial times.
LFC2007

Postby No Mark » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:37 am

Kimi deserved to win. Did you hear him thanking Massa for his help in the Post Race Conference (even though Massa was miles slower than him)? Did you see him fight his way back from 4th place in the standings? Did you see him win 6 races? Did you see him pass DC in the rain? Did you see him out-start Lewis at least 4 times (rough guess) this season? Did you see the start today, when he nearly overtook Massa and then blocked Lewis in the corner (payback for quali IMO)? Did you hear him complain whenever things weren't going well?

He's had two near misses and one surprise hit and he deserves it more than any other driver I can think of. Alonso has been a Bad Sport and Hamilton should have spent a season in a Minardi or Sauber before being given a Mclaren to drive. I mean, what the hell was he thinking? All he had to do was let Alonso past and then follow him home. Hell, he could have lost two or three more places and still been Wordl Champ, but no, he had to beat Alonso and he paid the price (and learned a lesson that the others learned in lesser cars). Hamilton is an awesome driver and he will be World Champion on day, but it was too much too soon.
No Mark

Postby Big Niall » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:05 am

Such a boring sport.

hardly any overtaking, commentators ask viewers to look forward to a pits stop to see how long it takes .

Bring back the racing, all that safety sh*t has ruined the sport. Leave them race, you'll get the odd death like Senna but as in sports like boxing, there is an element of risk.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:50 am

No Mark wrote:Did you hear him complain whenever things weren't going well?

You can't here feck all out of his gob as he does nothing but mumble all the time. The last thing I heard out of his mouth was at last years Brazilian GP when he said that instead of going to the ceremony on the grid for Schumacher's last race he was havin a shit!  :D

I think over the second half of the season if Hamilton wasn't going to win the title then Raikkonen was the more deserving of it.He won about six races I think(??) and came back from some very early setbacks. I'm not a Ferrari fan though, after the way they fucked about with the sport a few years ago as if they owned it.

I've been a big fan of Alonso's over the past couple of years the way he basically stuck two fingers up at Schumacher and Ferrari, but this year he's damaged his reputation in my eyes by acting like a spoiled child at times. It would probably be in his best interests if he moved on from McLaren next season to somewhere that he can be the dominant driver in the team as having a teammate on a level footing with him obviously doesn't suit him.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:18 pm

McLaren set to launch fuel appeal 

Lewis Hamilton still has a slim chance of taking the F1 title after McLaren said they would contest a decision not to punish two other teams in Brazil.
Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen won the race to edge out Hamilton, who finished seventh, for the drivers' championship.

Race stewards then investigated alleged fuel irregularities by Williams and BMW Sauber, but decided not to punish them.

Had they been disqualified, Hamilton would have finished fourth, earning him enough points to become world champion
McLaren notified motorsport's world governing body, the FIA, late on Sunday of their intention to appeal against the stewards' verdict.

The problems with the BMW Sauber and Williams cars centred on a technical infringement - a fuel-temperature irregularity - which could have given them an advantage.

Nico Rosberg finished fourth in his Williams while the BMW duo of Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld were fifth and sixth.

But after a three-hour hearing, the race stewards chose to impose no penalty on either team, ensuring Raikkonen could celebrate the first F1 title of his career by finishing one point ahead of Hamilton and McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso.

It's very unsettling to have this appeal, but there is so much at stake and the FIA have to find somehow a way of being consistent

Damon Hill

The outcome has upset former world champion Damon Hill, who has accused F1's race stewards of exercising double standards.

He feels McLaren have been on the wrong side of FIA decisions on more than one occasion this season while other teams have escaped censure.

"It does get quite difficult to see where the consistency lies," Hill told Radio 5live.

"If you go back to the beginning of the season, McLaren's argument is that Ferrari won the very first race using a device which was later found to be illegal by the FIA.

"They removed it but the result stood.

"It's very unsettling to have this appeal, but there is so much at stake and the FIA have to find somehow a way of being consistent.

"I can see how a couple of degrees fuel temperature can be regarded as being so negligible that it wouldn't make any difference.

"But we're talking about such tiny differences all the time in Formula One, there has to be a line where you're one side or the other."

Under FIA regulations, no fuel on board a car may be more than 10 degrees centigrade below ambient temperature - the prevailing temperature on the track.

If you put chilled or cool fuel into a car you get between 5 and 10 horsepower increase

Eddie Jordan

But in initial findings there was a clear discrepancy.

Heidfeld's fuel was 13C lower than ambient at his first stop and 12C lower at his second.

Kubica's varied by 14C, 13C and 13C at his three stops, while Rosberg's was 13C and 12C out at his two stops.

Cooler fuel can give a car a performance advantage.

It is denser, so it can take slightly less time to refuel a car or marginally more fuel can be added in the same time.

Cooler fuel would also give a slight power advantage for about three laps before returning to the temperature out on the track.

However, the total advantage for each car over the race distance was almost certainly no more than a second.

Former F1 team owner Eddie Jordan agrees that cars do gain an unfair advantrage if they use cooler fuel but thinks McLaren will find it hard to launch a successful appeal.

He says it will be difficult to prove that the fuel temperatures at the time the fuel entered the cars broke the rules.

"If you put chilled or cool fuel into a car you get between 5 and 10 horsepower increase," he told 5live.

606: DEBATE
They shouldn't bother appealing, whilst Hamilton has done superbly this season he choked when the pressure was on at the start.

WF

"Now that is a significant amount and would be enough to exclude a car if it was found to have done so, but I am not sure at this late stage how you can actually get that proof."

Hamilton could only finish seventh in the final race of the season at Interlagos after a poor start, hampered by an apparent mechanical problem on lap eight when he dramatically slowed at one point, almost to a stop.

He could be seen rocking in his McLaren, virtually willing it to get going, while all the time the field streamed by.

Whatever the problem, his car finally regained power, but he was left with too much to do.

Finn Raikkonen, 28, led home team-mate Felipe Massa in a Ferrari one-two at Interlagos.

Alonso finished on the same points as Hamilton, but the double world champion from Spain was third on countback
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7055644.stm
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:24 pm

What I have not liked on other forums is that there has been a hidden element of racism in some of the posts about Lewis not winning. The BBC’s website took a lot of posts down late last night over this.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:33 pm

not everyone who dislikes hamilton is a racist tho dude
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:06 pm

dawson99 wrote:not everyone who dislikes hamilton is a racist tho dude

did i say that. and did i say it was on this forum, no.

There is a fact that can not be overlooked, F1 has been one of the most racist sports ever, i think there has only ever been one other driver in f1 that was black and he never got a race and was only ever a test driver, he went onto indy car.

If you know f1 you will also know it is very anti English, even when it is run by an Englishman.why ?  money.

This might have been Lewis only chance to win and if you look back over the year there have been some strange things going on, why did his team mate not get taken away points when he blocked him in the pits, why did his team mate not get a ban when he was found to be passing info to and from other teams.....Money.
some believe it is the most corrupt sports ever after athletes.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:50 pm

Yeah! it is racist against Irish too - ever notice that there has never been an Irish world champion! it is not because our drivers are sh*te, it is because of bigotry.  :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wilhelmsson » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:12 pm

lakes10 wrote:There is a fact that can not be overlooked, F1 has been one of the most racist sports ever, i think there has only ever been one other driver in f1 that was black and he never got a race and was only ever a test driver, he went onto indy car.

I can’t stand this attitude, it’s as a bad as the Nazi attitude IMO. Why is everything in life down to race?

The England football team has no Middle Eastern players despite Asians being a strong community in many places in the UK, is the English grassroots level racist against Asians?

Not many black people or Asians attend Slipknot concerts, are Slipknot racists? I get sick and tired of this ‘let’s welcome every race into everything to create equality’. It in itself is positive discrimination a form of racism; I prefer to call it down right rim licking myself, but each to his or her own.

People should be judged on their abilities and not their skin colour. If a person has a gift for something then why should their skin colour come into the equation?
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:46 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:
lakes10 wrote:There is a fact that can not be overlooked, F1 has been one of the most racist sports ever, i think there has only ever been one other driver in f1 that was black and he never got a race and was only ever a test driver, he went onto indy car.

I can’t stand this attitude, it’s as a bad as the Nazi attitude IMO. Why is everything in life down to race?

The England football team has no Middle Eastern players despite Asians being a strong community in many places in the UK, is the English grassroots level racist against Asians?

Not many black people or Asians attend Slipknot concerts, are Slipknot racists? I get sick and tired of this ‘let’s welcome every race into everything to create equality’. It in itself is positive discrimination a form of racism; I prefer to call it down right rim licking myself, but each to his or her own.

People should be judged on their abilities and not their skin colour. If a person has a gift for something then why should their skin colour come into the equation?

Could you explain yourself a bit more regarding the racism and grass roots level of football
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:47 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:

"Nazi"

You lost
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wilhelmsson » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:02 pm

If you’re referring to me as Nazi then you are an absolute fool, there is no evidence to suggest that F1 is an racist organisation. You are playing the race card and the look at me I’m a jumped up politically correct campaigner who wants quotas for everything, so everyone is defined by their race and not their abilities.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby Bammo » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:56 pm

why did his team mate not get taken away points when he blocked him in the pits, why did his team mate not get a ban when he was found to be passing info to and from other teams.

Alonso was moved down the grid which lost him points. Why wasn't Hamilton penalised for blocking Alonso in the first place? If you didn't know McLaren's plan was for Alonso to go out first but Hamilton ignored this and :censored: Alonso off.

Why wasn't Hamilton disqualified after he was lifted out of the gravel by a crane? Why weren't both Alonso and Hamilton stripped of points despite the technical information?

When was Alonso found guilty of giving information to other teams? Alonso was aware that info was stolen from Ferrari but I find it difficult to believe that Hamilton had no knowledge of this.

F1 isn't racist, it's just a farce with regard to the upholding of regulations. There aren'tmany black drivers because it's an expensive sport to get in to. It's typically only priveleged, white drivers who make it purely because of the finances needed to get to that level.
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum