Brazilian grand prix - The decider

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:38 pm

Motor racing-BMW and Williams summoned to stewards in Brazil
SAO PAULO, Oct 21 (Reuters) - A question mark hung over Kimi Raikkonen's Formula One title on Sunday after Brazilian Grand Prix stewards summoned representatives of BMW Sauber and Williams for alleged technical irregularities.
A BMW spokeswoman said the investigation concerned fuel temperatures.
Williams' Nico Rosberg finished fourth in the race with BMW's Sauber's Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld fifth and sixth.
Should they be disqualified, McLaren's Lewis Hamilton would be promoted to fourth place - handing the 22-year-old British rookie the title.
Ferrari's Raikkonen beat Hamilton and his Spanish team mate Fernando Alonso by one point after winning Sunday's race at Interlagos. Alonso was third and Hamilton seventh.
ivor_the_injun

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:40 pm

:D :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:43 pm

Yeah, bump Hamilton up a few places!!!

:D
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:51 pm

not the way you would want it but if they are found to have done something which they benefited from in the race then they should be booted out.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby destro » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:58 pm

Inquiry casts doubt on F1 title

Kimi Raikkonen's world title has been thrown into doubt following an inquiry into the cars of BMW Sauber and Williams at the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Race stewards are investigating alleged irregularites with the cars' fuel.

Williams's Nico Rosberg was fourth in the race, followed by BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld.

If they were disqualified, McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton would be promoted to fourth, giving him enough points to displace Raikkonen as world champion.

After everything that has happened it wouldn't surprise me if this turns out to be true and Hamilton is declared Champion
destro

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:07 pm

Just listened to it on sky :censored: brilliant Go ed Lewis lad
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:15 pm

Even if they cheated, it would be harsh to be celbrating your victory only to find out you loss cos some other :censored: cheated.
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby Woollyback » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:35 pm

the thick plotens. it would be cool if hamilton won the title, after all he was nothing to do with the mclaren/ferrari scandal so good luck to him. but if raikonnen remains champion then that's cool as well cos ferrari are by far the coolest F1 team and always have been. italian cars just rock, no one else gets close
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:24 am

I'd be amazed if this resulted in a change to the drivers title, but then again this is F1 were anything that can happen does.

If the cars are disqualified you can guarantee that this title will not be decided by their disqualification, Ferrari would drag this through every single court available to make sure Raikkonen doesn't lose his title. Whether they'd have a case is not a question I could answer. That is possibly a scenario that the FIA would dread considering the damage that has been done to the image of the sport this year.

My guess would be that the teams involved will face points or grid place penalties next season in the first race.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:58 am

cant believe some people are blaming McLaren for Hamiltons defeat. these thigns happen and if lewis had been in ANY other car he would have got nowhere near where he got in the title race.

as for this fuel consipracy, let it lie. F1 has been dragged through the mud enough for one year.

and as people know, im with sabre, some of u like him, some of us dont.

one interesting thing to coome out of this is betting for sports personality. it was hamilton 1/20 hatten 10/1, now its 1/3 and 7/2.

and of course Alonso is gonna be bitter, McLaren basically through him on the dump and stayed with the eprson they had invested millions in through the years.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:08 am

dawson99 wrote:cant believe some people are blaming McLaren for Hamiltons defeat. these thigns happen and if lewis had been in ANY other car he would have got nowhere near where he got in the title race.

Dawson, don't chat bollocks, it's early.

Had the car not failed on two consecutive occasions, Hamilton, in all probability would have won the Drivers' Championship by a decent margin.

To say that Hamilton would have been nowhere near where he finished had he been in any other car is just ridiculous IMHO. The exact opposite could be argued, had it NOT been for the lack of reliability from the Mclaren he would have won the thing.

The guy is an incredibly talented driver, and he deserves respect for the level he's reached in such a short space of time.

I've nothing against Alonso whatsoever, or Raikkonen, it's just a shame that some people get carried away in having a go at Hamilton for his personality, when they don't even know the guy ffs!
LFC2007

Postby dawson99 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:12 am

and i just cant believe people rave about him when hes in the fastest car. i would have won the fecking brazilian grand prix in the mclaren.

im not the only one who can chat from the nads it seems :p
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:16 am

dawson99 wrote:and i just cant believe people rave about him when hes in the fastest car. i would have won the fecking brazilian grand prix in the mclaren.

im not the only one who can chat from the nads it seems :p

It's great having a fast car, it's not great when you have a fast car that lacks reliablity at the most crucial moments.

Mclaren and Ferrari will always have fast cars, if you're going to win the title you need exceptional talent and reliability.

One part of the equation failed at crucial moments.

He didn't bottle it, the 40 seconds he lost due to mechanical failure effectively cost him the title.

The initial error on the first lap was an easily retrievable situation, he was only 8th then and only just behind fifth in terms of time.
LFC2007

Postby dawson99 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:17 am

yeah, lewis bottles it in the last two races.

dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:18 am

dawson99 wrote:yeah, lewis bottles it in the last two races.

:laugh:  (mocking laugh)
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum