Brazilian grand prix - The decider

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Wilhelmsson » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:29 pm

It was pleasing to see someone other than Hamilton take the crown, after all the coverage on Lewis; you’d be forgiven for thinking he was the only formula one driver racing.

I’d sooner back Button, before I backed Hamilton.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby Sabre » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:29 pm

Well I wanted Alonso to win. Since that didn't happen, the best second thing Hamilton failing in the important day, which it happened.

Seeing the face of his father is worth a season.

Mclaren gets what they deserve, they had a winner car, they brought the double champion, but they chose to defend the english youngster.

ALonso was punnished with several places in the grid for rules that were not even written, where as Hamilton when used more tyres than he should he just was fined.

But even with all this helps he wasn't able to win, and I'm happy Raikonnen gets it, McLaren just got what they've been planting all the season. Sorry for the Hamilton supporters here, but I cannot stand him. In this life you must be patient to be succesful, and his greedyness broke his bag. Hope he learns the lesson.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:48 pm

Sabre wrote:Well I wanted Alonso to win. Since that didn't happen, the best second thing Hamilton failing in the important day, which it happened.

Seeing the face of his father is worth a season.

Mclaren gets what they deserve, they had a winner car, they brought the double champion, but they chose to defend the english youngster.

ALonso was punnished with several places in the grid for rules that were not even written, where as Hamilton when used more tyres than he should he just was fined.

But even with all this helps he wasn't able to win, and I'm happy Raikonnen gets it, McLaren just got what they've been planting all the season. Sorry for the Hamilton supporters here, but I cannot stand him. In this life you must be patient to be succesful, and his greedyness broke his bag. Hope he learns the lesson.

:no  That's just plain bitter.
LFC2007

Postby redtrader74 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:58 pm

I wanted Raikkonin to win, and he did wayhay!! After Mclaren cheated with the espionage, it was a poor that the drivers were not docked points, as they must have benefited from the information, knowingly or not.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:58 pm

LFC2007: :D Maybe, but I laughed a lot.

Don't take too seriously my opinion, I'm not a core F1 fan (1). But I've been reading the Spanish and English presses, and both stink to chauvinism and defending the local lad. I also think that McLaren had the tools to win, and they managed badly those tools, so if my fav driver nowadays doesn't win, I simply prefer Ferrari getting the title. Ron Denis has failed not because the rivals were better, but because he didn't manage well this situation.

(1) My point is, that I don't want to wind up no-one for something I don't care as much as football, it was meant as a little bantering LFC2007, but if it offends, apologises and I retire what I wrote, didn't think you'd be too ársed.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:02 pm

Well my 3 year old son got it spot on, two days in a row infact with the simple, yet correctly offered predictions that: "The red one(s) will win Daddy"  :;):

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:16 pm

Sabre wrote:LFC2007: :D Maybe, but I laughed a lot.

Don't take too seriously my opinion, I'm not a core F1 fan. But I've been reading the Spanish and English presses, and both stink to chauvinism and defending the local lad. I also think that McLaren had the tools to win, and they managed badly those tools, so if my fav driver nowadays doesn't win, I simply prefer Ferrari getting the title. Ron Denis has failed not because the rivals were better, but because he didn't manage well this situation.

Seeing the face of his father is worth a season

Stinks of bitterness.

Mclaren gets what they deserve, they had a winner car, they brought the double champion, but they chose to defend the english youngster

How exactly? I'm guessing the Monaco GP wouldn't favour this argument. Team orders in the Hungarian GP?

I'm hazarding a guess that this also doesn't favour your argument.

As did two other teams, who's decision was it to use these tyres? McClarens.

Sorry for the Hamilton supporters here, but I cannot stand him. In this life you must be patient to be succesful, and his greedyness broke his bag. Hope he learns the lesson.

So, a Rookie, who has his first season in F1 who is highly motivated is misconstrued as being greedy and arrogant. It would be more accurate to suggest that from the evidence, Alonso is actually quite bitter that there is a new kid on the block, who has as great a potential as anyone to have graced the sport.

I smell GREEN CHEESE Sabre.
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:20 pm

All right. Apologises for the bitterness, I just meant to have a little laugh about a topic I thought that you wouldn't care too much. Again, sorry, end of discussion :)
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:43 pm

Looks engand is haveing a almost time. Almost winnning the F1, almost winning the rugby world cup, almost qualifying for the euros.
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:56 pm

Im absolutly gutted for Hamilton . Ive  followed him all season and hes been a breath of fresh air to F1 .
Forget about the Ferrari and McClaren Buisseness this championship could have been won 2 weeks ago in China . Mclaren left him out on worn tyers, even if they had brought him in and hed only finished with a couple of points it would not have put so much  pressure on the lad today . As i said in my earlier post  if drove just to win the race he would have won the title , but because of the pressure put on him mistakes were made by him and it cost him dearly,

One good thing came out of this though Alonso never won :)
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:00 pm

It's an interesting question though now, as to who Alonso will join next year and who will replace him at McLaren.

I'd like to see a Hamilton/Coulthard or Hamilton/Button roster.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:31 pm

BMW and Williams have been hauled in to explain irregularities in their fuel temperatures.

There could be a late twist here if there are penalties as a result...
ivor_the_injun

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:34 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:BMW and Williams have been hauled in to explain irregularities in their fuel temperatures.

There could be a late twist here if there are penalties as a result...

when was that on Ivor
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:35 pm

They'll probably get fined.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:36 pm

Got it from the Reuters wires. It's scrolling across on the BBC news site now as well.

Hamilton would bump up 3 spots if their cars get disqualified, and obviously would then win the title.
ivor_the_injun

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum