Books your reading at the moment? - Any good ones?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby supersub » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:34 pm

Last night I read "We're Going on a Bear Hunt"
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby daxy1 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:39 pm

ive just finished the last of john grishams books also been reading harlen coburn's books there very good
and noam chomski's new book is hard but good to read
i'm a third through dean koontz brother odd it's shat compared to odd thomas but i'll finish it anyway

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:45 pm

the koran, and top gear magazine
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:46 pm

Quite a few months ago, in the Hillsborough thread, a few people where talking about a book called "Hillsborough,The Truth" by Phil Scraton. I have since bought the book and read it twice. Its the most harrowing book that I have or will ever read. It made me so angry and sad, to think what the families of the bereaved have gone and are still going through today.
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:55 pm

JBG wrote:I'm thinking of picking that up woof. I think that part of French history is fascinating.

Think you'd find it a worthwhile read, knowing your appetite for history .

As many have said , "If only the American Military had read it before they got involved in Vietnam"

It's a virtual blueprint as to what would become of the US operations in SE Asia.

I know a french colonel who was at Dien Bien Phu , he endorses the veracity of the book .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:58 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I know a french colonel who was at Dien Bien Phu , he endorses the veracity of the book .

Really? Wow.

Dien Bien Phu was an extraordinary battle. The Vietcong literally hacked roads through the jungle to haul artillery up to Dien Bien Phu, absolutely amazing. A classic case of the triumph of the will over materiel and technological superiority.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:06 pm

JBG wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:I know a french colonel who was at Dien Bien Phu , he endorses the veracity of the book .

Really? Wow.

Dien Bien Phu was an extraordinary battle. The Vietcong literally hacked roads through the jungle to haul artillery up to Dien Bien Phu, absolutely amazing. A classic case of the triumph of the will over materiel and technological superiority.

A classic case of the triumph of the will over materiel and technological superiority.

Which is the story of the Vietnam War in a nutshell .

Last yearI was also intoduced to a French nurse who served in Indochine (specifically Laos) . She's knocking on 80 now , I'm hoping to have lunch with her this summer , no doubt she'll have some stories to tell .  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:10 pm

i just cant get into those 'real' books. and the biographies...just no interest.

now gimme the bachman books (4 stories, the long walk, rage, roadworks and the running man) and then we're talking.

im just glad no one ahs said they loved the da vinci code. good book, but absolute trash if you know what i mean. easily forgettable but a fun romp while its there.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:13 pm

I'm really sorry to say this Dawson chum, but I've read all 4 of Dan Browns books. Although the Di Vinci Code was good, Digital Fortress was probably the best of the 4. A real good read. Have you ever read The Righteous Men by Sam Bourne? he writes very like Dan Brown, only better!! :D
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:18 am

reading none :(
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:32 pm

Just finished Gordon Ramseys new book 'Humble Pie' very good, and also a book by Joanne Lees called 'No Turning Back' you will probably remember when two backpackers were making their way through the outback in Australia, he was  murdered but she escaped and this is the story of the events of that trip. Her boyfriend was called Peter Falconio and his body was never found. Well worth a read.
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:45 pm

Judge wrote:reading none :(

:laugh:  I thought you were using the internet facility at your local library . Don't they stock any books ?      :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:51 pm

Im currently reading Gerrads book called GERRARD. Its good alot of information. Fo example did you know that Gerrard got a spike stuck into his foot. Doctors wanted to chop his toe off but steve heighway insisted there must be another way.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby peterc1992 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:19 pm

the gerrard autobiography
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:55 am

Read the Lord of the Rings again before Xmas and bought my youngest lad The Hobbit to read so he gets the jist of hobbits ! Jackson tried to rewrite that book and failed miserably, if ever anyone asks why dont we have a mythology you can answer we do ! it includes Gandalf !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum