Being in liverpool

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby andy_g » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:09 pm

hey kiddaz

i'm going to be making a long overdue return to the fair old city in september. first time in 3 years i'll have set foot on the city streets i called home for nearly 19 years.

anyone fancy a beer or a kebab?

i've already threatened mick with a visit to his boozer when i'm in london so i'll be able to spill the beans about whether he talks in half hour sentences or not.

it's going to be weird being back as the place has a new centre. i'm never going to find my way about...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:31 am

I though mick was shagging sheep in New Zealand?

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:14 am

Well obviously Babu he was rotated back to the UK
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:32 pm

andy_g wrote:hey kiddaz

i'm going to be making a long overdue return to the fair old city in september. first time in 3 years i'll have set foot on the city streets i called home for nearly 19 years.

i've already threatened mick with a visit to his boozer when i'm in london so i'll be able to spill the beans about whether he talks in half hour sentences or not.

it's going to be weird being back as the place has a new centre. i'm never going to find my way about...

As soon as you hit them streets it will be like you have never been away ,I myself spent a lengthy period overseas and it was exactly the same for me returning to L8 ....as for the City Centre and Lpool One its crammed full of students you would be lucky to bump into any Scouser's
I am away in early September (and I dont mean a stint in the Big House  :laugh: ) but if you visit the Big fella in London check his cellar for Rob Earnshaw and if Darren Bent's his Lodger   ???
The only advice I can give you mate is stay clear of The Crazy House in Wood St its full of teenage snarlers
Concert Square is usually the best you might want to check out Modo and the Arena bar ,for me personally I find the Alma De Cuba in Seel St slightly more cultured ,but if you want a more raucous night try the Walkabout in Fleet St ...failing that you just have to try get a ticket for Aquapop (if there doing another one ) in Mood also in Fleet St keep threatening my Daughter me and the lads are going to turn up  :laugh: anyway have a good time Lad
Here's the link but keep your mitts of my Daughter
Aquapop
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:54 pm

I must admit Liverpool ONE is pretty impressive
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:18 pm

RBG, to be honest i always preferred the moody crazy house goths and emos to the macho posturing of concert square, and its endless competition to see who gets to cop off with miss fake-tan 2006. :D i remember modo, arena, the baa bar and all those places from years back and i don't expect them to have changed so much. besides, i'm in my 40s now and will be with my partner and little kid - my hellraising days are (almost) over and your daughter is (relatively) safe. maybe for old times sake i'll get into a chest pushing contest with some drunk meff in a takeaway on berry street before stomping off and declaring he's not worth it. failing that i can also fall back onto my stupid old pastime of getting on the wrong side of bouncers.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:28 pm

andy_g wrote:RBG, to be honest i always preferred the moody crazy house goths and emos to the macho posturing of concert square, and its endless competition to see who gets to cop off with miss fake-tan 2006. :D i remember modo, arena, the baa bar and all those places from years back and i don't expect them to have changed so much. besides, i'm in my 40s now and will be with my partner and little kid - my hellraising days are (almost) over and your daughter is (relatively) safe. maybe for old times sake i'll get into a chest pushing contest with some drunk meff in a takeaway on berry street before stomping off and declaring he's not worth it. failing that i can also fall back onto my stupid old pastime of getting on the wrong side of bouncers.

No problem mate ... and is their a right side to Bouncers  :D
oh and Miss fake tan circa 2006 I married and subsequently divorced in 2008   :laugh: ..... anyway enjoy fella
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:31 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

As soon as you hit them streets it will be like you have never been away ,I myself spent a lengthy period overseas and it was exactly the same for me returning to L8 ....as for the City Centre and Lpool One its crammed full of students you would be lucky to bump into any Scouser's
I am away in early September (and I dont mean a stint in the Big House  :laugh: ) but if you visit the Big fella in London check his cellar for Rob Earnshaw and if Darren Bent's his Lodger   ???
The only advice I can give you mate is stay clear of The Crazy House in Wood St its full of teenage snarlers
Concert Square is usually the best you might want to check out Modo and the Arena bar ,for me personally I find the Alma De Cuba in Seel St slightly more cultured ,but if you want a more raucous night try the Walkabout in Fleet St ...failing that you just have to try get a ticket for Aquapop (if there doing another one ) in Mood also in Fleet St keep threatening my Daughter me and the lads are going to turn up  :laugh: anyway have a good time Lad
Aquapop

what the fecks the arena bar ?
Hasnt been called that for years has it ?  :D

Andy mate i work in town, i will definitely meet you for a beer. Let me know when you are coming exactly and i will pm you my number mate.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:34 pm

Watch out for that Ben Andy hes from over the water. ha ha
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:45 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Watch out for that Ben Andy hes from over the water. ha ha

grass you  :D

i was going to get him on the train and take him over the dark side to the local trendy nightspots  :D
Ben Patrick

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:18 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:

i was going to get him on the train and take him over the dark side to the local trendy nightspots  :D

Some of the best times i had over the water when i was younger ,Rock Ferry baths, and walking past the chocolate factory on me way to Morton , best cockles at Morton.  :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:29 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:

Some of the best times i had over the water when i was younger ,Rock Ferry baths, and walking past the chocolate factory on me way to Morton , best cockles at Morton.  :laugh:

i have worked in their as a YTS when i was 16 haha

Not Moreton shore...the factory  :D
Ben Patrick

Postby roberto green » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:33 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

Aquapop

what the fecks the arena bar ?
Hasnt been called that for years has it ?  :D

Andy mate i work in town, i will definitely meet you for a beer. Let me know when you are coming exactly and i will pm you my number mate.

Ben Parick and Andy g have agree to meet in the Lisbon Bar

:D
roberto green

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:40 pm

shhhh you  :angry:

:D
Ben Patrick

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:41 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:

Do you remember that day on West Kirkby beach of the invasion of the flying ants kinell it was like Amityville  :glare:

Loved goin cockel picking in Morton and to New Brighton indoor fair on a saturday night with me nan, listening to the Stylistics on the rockets :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum