Being in liverpool

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby neil » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:53 pm

Start off in the big house next to the adelphi, I had a pint of 'top shelf' in there on me stag last year, dont actually remember much after that, just a strobe light in Lennons bar, btw you have to hit lennons bar on mathew st, buzzin, 80's s4it, blamange 'livin on the ceiling etc superb.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:05 am

neil wrote:Start off in the big house next to the adelphi, I had a pint of 'top shelf' in there on me stag last year, dont actually remember much after that, just a strobe light in Lennons bar, btw you have to hit lennons bar on mathew st, buzzin, 80's s4it, blamange 'livin on the ceiling etc superb.

Was in the big house not long ago and it was rammed.
Prefer Mathew street myself to be honest. Better choices of what you want to listen to etc in the bars and better less moody atmosphere than concert square for me.
Alma de cuba and peacocks and all that are ok if your into all that - but they are full of fun boys and now den orange birds.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:24 am

Ciggy wrote:Loved goin cockel picking in Morton and to New Brighton indoor fair on a saturday night with me nan, listening to the Stylistics on the rockets :D

HA HA you always thought youd been somewhere great when youd been to New Brighton, them baths were freezing there though, And you were dead posh if you went to Hoylake  :laugh:

No where can beat Crosby baths though , coming out of there and havin a laugh on the beach, we met a flasher once on there chased us for miles up the sandhills, because our Peter threw a stone at him  :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:32 am

NANNY RED wrote:HA HA you always thought youd been somewhere great when youd been to New Brighton, them baths were freezing there though, And you were dead posh if you went to Hoylake  :laugh:

No where can beat Crosby baths though , coming out of there and havin a laugh on the beach, we met a flasher once on there chased us for miles up the sandhills, because our Peter threw a stone at him  :laugh:

New Brighton baths  :buttrock

that was like goin to Vegas to us meffs from Scottie for a wash :D

remember Stanley Park lake with a picnic proper day out had my first kiss in there behind the Glasshouse  :D  now they where adventures  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:41 am

Ciggy wrote:No where can beat Crosby baths though , coming out of there and havin a laugh on the beach, we met a flasher once on there chased us for miles up the sandhills, because our Peter threw a stone at him  :laugh:

New Brighton baths  :buttrock

that was like goin to Vegas to us meffs from Scottie for a wash :D

remember Stanley Park lake with a picnic proper day out had my first kiss in there behind the Glasshouse  :D  now they where adventures  :buttrock[/quote]
:laugh:  :laugh: that roundabout in Stanley park,

I think my  first kiss was in the reck off St Johns rd  :laugh: back of the play centre , oh no it wasnt it was in  the subby next to Gerrard Gardens ,  :laugh:
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:51 am

Me and my mates use to get a zone ticket on Saturdays (Zoneys to us scousers :D ):D and go everywhere on them, use to go up to southport (sowey to us scousers :D ) and go into funland and start knocking the machines that have the 10ps etc hanging over the edge and use to end up coming back into Liverpool  minted.We once went over the water late at night on the Chester bus not realising we were going out of the Merseyside area and it was past 11pm and we couldn't get no transport back as were wasn't in Merseyside,  in the days before mobile phones.So one of me mates dads had to come over to pick us up which he wasn't to please about.

Could also use the zoneys for the ferry across the Mersey but that meant one of us buying the adult zoney as in order to get on the ferry one of us had to be 16 or older

They were the days!!
roberto green

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:18 pm

I'll meet yer pint Andy and Ben, just pm the time and date and i'll try and sort it in work .

I'll take yers cockel pickin in moreton aswell if you want , might aswell start to get use to speakin chinese anyway.  :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:46 pm

roberto green wrote:Could also use the zoneys for the ferry across the Mersey but that meant one of us buying the adult zoney as in order to get on the ferry one of us had to be 16 or older

They were the days!!

I dont think your old enough to remember   The Royal Iris disco's mate ,but they were the stuff of Legend for us Scallies in the early 80's
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:27 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
roberto green wrote:Could also use the zoneys for the ferry across the Mersey but that meant one of us buying the adult zoney as in order to get on the ferry one of us had to be 16 or older

They were the days!!

I dont think your old enough to remember   The Royal Iris disco's mate ,but they were the stuff of Legend for us Scallies in the early 80's

Heard of it yeah but that was a bit before my time

:D
roberto green

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:10 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

They were the days!!

:nod  :nod many a great afternoon and night on the Royal Iris, Gang of us went on it one afternoon me me mam all her sisters and a few cousins, we were absolutly rotton by the tme it docked . but we never gave up off we went to Yatesys the real one , then we ended up in the Throstles along Scotty only to finish of in the Roundhouse on Stanley rd tiill about 4 in the morning, Them were the days , i could drink then and not get a hangover , now im dying in the mornin even if i only have a few, im telling you the older you get the more the ale hits you and you cant handle it,
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:16 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

They were the days!!

:nod  :nod many a great afternoon and night on the Royal Iris, Gang of us went on it one afternoon me me mam all her sisters and a few cousins, we were absolutly rotton by the tme it docked . but we never gave up off we went to Yatesys the real one , then we ended up in the Throstles along Scotty only to finish of in the Roundhouse on Stanley rd tiill about 4 in the morning, Them were the days , i could drink then and not get a hangover , now im dying in the mornin even if i only have a few, im telling you the older you get the more the ale hits you and you cant handle it,

The Royal Daffodil as well and straight after we would all hit Park Rd .....
They where the days of the Stay behinds Girl... Park Rd used to be known for them .... Upstairs in the Pineapple .... a spliff in Black Georges and then down to the Prince and wind it up with a staybe in the Star 
:nod
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:I'll meet yer pint Andy and Ben, just pm the time and date and i'll try and sort it in work .

I'll take yers cockel pickin in moreton aswell if you want , might aswell start to get use to speakin chinese anyway.  :D

Sound mate will do deffo 

I will also need to make sure am off work, but only work easy hours mon-fri 9-5 anyway.
Ben Patrick

Postby andy_g » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:24 pm

i'll be around from the 17th to the 23rd, lads. i think the lisbon is open during those dates so we're sorted. is jodie's still open too?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:34 pm

andy_g wrote:i'll be around from the 17th to the 23rd, lads. i think the lisbon is open during those dates so we're sorted. is jodie's still open too?

Jodies ffs . My sister took me in there when i was 19 , sh!t meself . Can of breakers please luv , i said  anything for you he said . Got rarrr off .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:39 pm

andy_g wrote:i'll be around from the 17th to the 23rd, lads. i think the lisbon is open during those dates so we're sorted. is jodie's still open too?

No clue what jodie's is  :D

Take you mean 17th Sept onwards and not tomorrow like ?
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum