Beckhams - How do they do it?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:34 am

Was watching tv when I got home from work and the telly was on 4 Richard and Judy and all they did was praise how great david and victoria beckham are, a royal family type praise so I ask HOW??? WHY???
David Beckham, can pass a ball (Glenn Hoddle, Jan Molby) can cross a ball (Eric Cantona, John Barnes) and can play football (Premiership to lower league players)
HOW are they famous? Victoria Beckham, cant sing to save her life and despite her every effort to sell her single which involved giving everyone she knew money to get her song to number one was still beaten by a relative unknown (Sophie Ellis Bextor) WHY?? why are they loved by the press?? what have they done to warrant this kind of attention?

The only thing that comes to my mind is be as dumb as you can and hold as little talent as you can (his missus) and you will go far !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:36 am

let it go, who cares?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:31 am

Was watching tv when I got home from work and the telly was on 4 Richard and Judy and all they did was praise how great david and victoria beckham are, a royal family type praise so I ask HOW??? WHY???
David Beckham, can pass a ball (Glenn Hoddle, Jan Molby) can cross a ball (Eric Cantona, John Barnes) and can play football (Premiership to lower league players)
HOW are they famous? Victoria Beckham, cant sing to save her life and despite her every effort to sell her single which involved giving everyone she knew money to get her song to number one was still beaten by a relative unknown (Sophie Ellis Bextor) WHY?? why are they loved by the press?? what have they done to warrant this kind of attention?

The only thing that comes to my mind is be as dumb as you can and hold as little talent as you can (his missus) and you will go far !

She was part of one of the biggest groups in music so that's where her fame originated. Now she's mainly a fashion-based socialite. She's wealthy and successful so therefore she will attract attention and she rightly uses it to her advantage. Sophie-Ellis Bextor beat Victoria Beckham in the charts because Victoria's song was electro-pap while Bextor's was a club classic. Beckham himself is very successful. He has been part of successful teams in the Premiership, the Champions League and La Liga. This is where he built his fame. I don't seriously think anyone can reasonably deny that David Beckham is not talented. He's handsome so therefore that accounts for the photoshoots and fashion attention, plus he is IMO a very good role model and a great ambassador for the game and his country.

Neither of them harm anyone so I don't see what your problem is with them.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:41 am

yeah...i like em!!!

they're funny and stuff. hes good for football (altho if usa ever bothered with the sport they'd be world champs in no time)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:07 am

they have very good agents....the british media have tried to bring them down many times and failed, now they praise them...rebecca loos story woulda finished most couples...

they've stuck with it and haven't tried to be anything other than what they are.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:40 am

Whats wrong with Beckham ?

He has been a great role model for kids and seems to do an awful lot for charity while being a shy and down to earth fella.

Infact when you see him interviewed he seems that shy, awkward and nervous it amazes me. The amount of media attention he has had over a sustained period of time, and he still seems as normal as ever.
Its the press that have created all the fuss surrounding them, Victoria (through her career struggling) has milked it cleverly, but David seems to just be happy to go with the flow.

I like them and cant see why people wouldnt.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:16 pm

Although I wouldn't go as far as saying that I like them I don't really have a problem with 'em. It's more the press and $ky that get on me tits fawning all over them whatever chance they get like he's some modern day messiah. In fairness he does a lot for helping develop the game with young kids and under privileged kids.  She does irritate in a way with the false posing and seems to come across as having a bit of a superiority complex over most that she meets.

I just have an attitude of trying to ignore as much of the press over them as I can and let them get on with it if thats what they want.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:06 pm

Beckham's a great footballer and has been a model pro all throughout his career giving 100% all the time, top guy as well; part of the reason he wants to go to America is to develop his academy and promote football over there for kids.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby shanks72 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:40 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Whats wrong with Beckham ?

He has been a great role model for kids and seems to do an awful lot for charity while being a shy and down to earth fella.

Infact when you see him interviewed he seems that shy, awkward and nervous it amazes me. The amount of media attention he has had over a sustained period of time, and he still seems as normal as ever.
Its the press that have created all the fuss surrounding them, Victoria (through her career struggling) has milked it cleverly, but David seems to just be happy to go with the flow.

I like them and cant see why people wouldnt.

:nod

Yeah, I like the Beckhams and agree with the positive things said about them....

He is a great role model.....

and after he was kicked in the teeth by Ferguson..(literally :D); I wish him every success wherever he goes....

I saw Victoria on tv once in one of those 'at home with' progs and dare I say it, but she came over quite down to earth and ordinary....not at all like she comes over in these press interviews and promotions etc...
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:30 am

i used to hate beckham with a passion and everthing he stood for, he was manipulated by his talentless wife to keep her in the public eye, he was controlled by her.

then he boned rebeca loos and he went up in my estimation, not for cheating on his wife but for being human and breaking away from her control, then i started to enjoy his football, it seemed he was finally wearing the trousers in that house and his affair brought that skank posh down a few pegs
112-1077774096

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:33 am

peewee wrote:his affair brought that skank posh down a few pegs

:D  :D

not your type then peewee?
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:43 am

RUSHIE#9 wrote:

:D    mate, if i ever had the chance i would get her naked on the bed, legs open and just look at her and say 'no thanks honey, get dressed'

hearing that from a fat bloke would destroy her    :D
112-1077774096

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:50 am

peewee wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:

:D    mate, if i ever had the chance i would get her naked on the bed, legs open and just look at her and say 'no thanks honey, get dressed'

hearing that from a fat bloke would destroy her    :D

:laugh:  :laugh:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:05 am

Cant stand them!  Anyone who hogs attention like that , and calls their child ROMEO needs a swift kick in the bag.

She still tryin to get her smile right  :laugh:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:24 am

Mikz wrote:Cant stand them!  Anyone who hogs attention like that , and calls their child ROMEO needs a swift kick in the bag.

She still tryin to get her smile right  :laugh:

:laugh:  Dont forget their other son Cruz. But i would have to say its all down to HER ! shes off her trolley for fame and limelight.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum