Barry belfast

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Garymac » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:22 pm

Turd bugular is not exactly offence is it........Unless your 3  :D
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby 82-1074641017 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:53 pm

Garymac wrote:Turd bugular is not exactly offence is it........Unless your 3  :D

Turd Burglar :D  :laugh:  :D
82-1074641017

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:09 pm

Garymac wrote:Turd bugular is not exactly offence is it........Unless your 3  :D

:D  The turd bit may not bother you Gmac , but surely nobody likes being called a thief ? .  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RedRoots » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:10 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Never had a problem with Barry belfast . Never saw any of his "racist" comments . I have however seen people calling each other "fat kunts" "turd burglars " and "pedo's" yet they're still in here . Maybe heaping a load of abuse on someone is deemed politically correct as long as you don't mention where they're from .

:(

I think he started a thread in the general discussion section about "Asian B@stards" I think that's much worse than a few insults here and there.
RedRoots

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:16 pm

Like i said ,it seems abusing people in here is ok , just don't mention where you think they're from .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red37 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:19 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Like i said ,it seems abusing people in here is ok , just don't mention where you think they're from .

so right  :(

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedRoots » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:33 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Like i said ,it seems abusing people in here is ok , just don't mention where you think they're from .

There's a big difference between a few insults on the net and racism. He created the thread in general discussion after the night of the Birmingahm riots if I can recall correctly. It had no place in that section of the board or any section come to think of it, so he got severely punished and rightly so I feel.
RedRoots

Postby kazza 1 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:20 pm

I don't think he's such a bad person! He just loves a rant when hes had a few...... Granted, he does go over board, but don't we all sometimes? ???
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:33 pm

Exactly -Its a forum afterall. A few of us werent too amused with some of the comments made about Rangers fans but if ya dont like what ya see in a thread -dont post in it. Sensitivity has no place on here. :D
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:53 pm

Mikz wrote:Exactly -Its a forum afterall. A few of us werent too amused with some of the comments made about Rangers fans but if ya dont like what ya see in a thread -dont post in it. Sensitivity has no place on here. :D

Here here..... I was one of the ones that was unhappy about the Rangers thread, but it was up to me if i looked at it or not!! What happened to freedom of speech! Barry had some interesting things to say on here, even when he'd had a drink or 2!!!  :D
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrTNT » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:39 pm

When I first joined I had a run in with Barry but after a while we both put that argument aside and now are quite good friends. I don't see why he cannot do that with other members of the forum.

I have seen first hand some of his racist posts and I know why some members were offended but as kazza said "What happened to freedom of speech".

I'm all for letting Barry come back and hopefully he will think before he posts in future.
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby greenred » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:04 am

Mikz wrote:Exactly -Its a forum afterall. A few of us werent too amused with some of the comments made about Rangers fans but if ya dont like what ya see in a thread -dont post in it. Sensitivity has no place on here. :D

Slightly different thing Mikz.Rangers fans are good at giving it out and they can take it in return.Barry just went too far.If i was him i`d keep me head down and keep me big mouth shut for a bit.If any Mods are keeping track of this thing than my vote is ..BelfastBarry back,he`s a good bloke really.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:08 am

I didn't read his comments, but I was aware of them.

He had a good side, and a drunk side. He could be a laugh or a bigot.

Bit like me really!!!!! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:29 pm

In fairness, an awful lot of people were deeply offended by Barry's racist remarks and it is after all a breach of the rules to use racist language.

Barry8 - racist language aside - was not the worst thats ever been on here but just because he could be sound at times doesn't mean that he could go on a weekly rant after a Friday night on the beer against foreigners.

Thats what Combat 18 and Klu Klux Klan forums are for.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby red37 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:31 pm

fair comment jbg

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum