Barcelona - Places to stay

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby kazza 1 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Need a bit of help here people. I'm off to Barcelona for a break with a couple of mates in May next year. Flights are all booked but having a problem getting a hotel. Was talking to a customer the other day and they said about renting an apartment for the 4 days, because they work out cheaper. Have found a site (www.gobcn.com) and they do work out cheaper. But I'm a bit afraid of going ahead and booking it in case I get there and the apartment dont exist. All they are looking is 100 euros deposit and the rest when we get there, which is pretty good + 150 euros for damages. Do I go ahead and keep my fingers crossed or just try and get a hotel?? Or does anyone here know a good site to book apartments on??

Any help would be gratefully excepted!!

XXXXX
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:58 pm

Have you tred that last minute .com Kaz, or go Barcelona, there really good for that sort of thing
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:09 am

Go for the apartment mate, if its a scam (which it wont be) what do you lose, 100 euros... aint the end of the world.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:20 am

Check it all out if you're thinking of going for the apartment. E-mail them, call them up if necessary, but check their ID numbers with the spanish tourism board or whatever the equivalent is over there. They have to be registered with an official body - maybe sabre can help with that. For the sake of a few checks it isn't worth risking the 100 Euro. Just had a look at the site and you can find the info you need there at the bottom of the screen; they're with the association of tourist appartments Barcelona, contact them or check out their website.
LFC2007

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:56 am

We book all our hollies on the internet, Mrs Reg finds the places, we call (voip for free), email and even give the hotel/house/apartment a butchers in google earth.

We went to South Africa, the missus called them up and asked how far the hotel was from the beach '200m'. Next thing he's measuring the distance on google earth.

Do not mess with my missus, she uses sateillites to check !! :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:31 am

I stayed here three years ago

Hostal Avinyo , in the gothic area a few minutes from "Ramblas". It was relatively cheap , but we weren't there in peak season. It cost a bit more that the "pencions" but we got a room with own shower, toilet and tv. Staff were friendly and spoke english. I'd use it again .

website
www.hostalavinyo.com

ps, think they might have changed their name to
Hostal Quartier Gothic but they are located at
Calle Avinyo 42, Barcelona
Last edited by woof woof ! on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:41 am

kazza 1 wrote:Need a bit of help here people. I'm off to Barcelona for a break with a couple of mates in May next year. Flights are all booked but having a problem getting a hotel. Was talking to a customer the other day and they said about renting an apartment for the 4 days, because they work out cheaper. Have found a site (www.gobcn.com) and they do work out cheaper. But I'm a bit afraid of going ahead and booking it in case I get there and the apartment dont exist. All they are looking is 100 euros deposit and the rest when we get there, which is pretty good + 150 euros for damages. Do I go ahead and keep my fingers crossed or just try and get a hotel?? Or does anyone here know a good site to book apartments on??

Any help would be gratefully excepted!!

XXXXX

Kazza1, send me the details of the hotel you are seeking and I'll try to double check and see if Spanish tourists have commented it (there are loads of sites in which people say how it went a certain hotel).

I don't know Barcelona well, but I have a few friends there, if you need it I'll ask.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum