Avian flu h5n1 - Are you afraid?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:42 pm

AA, how was china??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:42 pm

I've caught worse things than flu from a bird . Wooly the Pimpmiester has a lot to answer for .  :angry:

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:08 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I've caught worse things than flu from a bird . Wooly the Pimpmiester has a lot to answer for .  :angry:

:D

you should have stuck to the women woof, and left woolly alone  :D   :wwww
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:13 pm

the papers say that 50000 may die, if it comes to the UK.

50000 what, chickens? with this *virus* and it's mutations it doesn't seem very likely man to man infection, don't worry.

You'd best check the WHO (World Health Organization) for true info, papers are sensationalist.

But bear in mind that it's a matter of time a deadly flu variety appears, it happens from time to time, and our health technology might not do much to avoid it. It happens every 150 years of so, last one, was known as the Spanish flu, as the first cases happened here. When it happens again (and it will) first world countries will have less deaths than 3rd world due to precautions, but there will be lots of deaths anyway. But don't worry, this is not the one.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:53 am

Sabre wrote:
the papers say that 50000 may die, if it comes to the UK.

50000 what, chickens? with this *virus* and it's mutations it doesn't seem very likely man to man infection, don't worry.

You'd best check the WHO (World Health Organization) for true info, papers are sensationalist.

But bear in mind that it's a matter of time a deadly flu variety appears, it happens from time to time, and our health technology might not do much to avoid it. It happens every 150 years of so, last one, was known as the Spanish flu, as the first cases happened here. When it happens again (and it will) first world countries will have less deaths than 3rd world due to precautions, but there will be lots of deaths anyway. But don't worry, this is not the one.

50000 people sabre. Oh and the report did come from a source on brit telly originally, ie: government scientist.

My degree covers biochemistry, so it is possible that this current virus could mutate to jump from man to man. Two of my mates are consultant doctors in respiratory diseases so i dont need to go to the WHO for info

thanks all the same though
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:08 am

its the same as that mad cow disease malarkey. all that happened then was that i got to buy really cheap steaks :p

avian flu pavian flu... not a prob
Last edited by dawson99 on Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:24 am

dont let the chickens cough on you dawson :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:27 am

i dont even let them turn there heads to face me :p
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:44 am

My degree covers biochemistry, so it is possible that this current virus could mutate to jump from man to man. Two of my mates are consultant doctors in respiratory diseases so i dont need to go to the WHO for info

So you come to LFC site to ask us wether we are worried. Ah well.

To be honest, while I was reading the whole thread I saw many :D , so I just didn't think 50000 people might die . Seriously disturbing, if true. ???
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:59 pm

Sabre wrote:

So you come to LFC site to ask us wether we are worried. Ah well.

To be honest, while I was reading the whole thread I saw many :D , so I just didn't think 50000 people might die . Seriously disturbing, if true. ???

sabre you little minx  :D

it is worrying, and we should be. I think the 50000 is based on statisitics drawn from other pandemics over the last two hundred years. the 50000 relates to britains losses only sabre  :)

however, spains losses will be TOTAL, sorry mate  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:05 pm

PAH :D Indeed, every 2 houndred years, happen on of this pandemics, but the latest reports about this virus are that it's NOT the  one which is going to provoke a pandemia. Next year? maybe, but it seems it won't happen this year.

Undoubtly, Spain will be more affected than england, as we are decently, but no so well prepared to front this situations. Or that's what I think. :)

If it eventually happens, I'll go to Liverpool to give you a big hug  :devil:
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:07 pm

Sabre wrote:PAH :D Indeed, every 2 houndred years, happen on of this pandemics, but the latest reports about this virus are that it's NOT the one one which is ghoing to provoke a pandemia. Next year? maybe, but it seems it won't happen this year.

Undoubtly, Spain will be more affected than england, as we are decently, but no so well prepared to front this situations. Or that's what I think. :)

If it eventually happens, I'll go to Liverpool to give you a big hug  :devil:

i dont live in liverpool  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:40 pm

Lads, no need to be anxious.

Yea, we have had 4 death here in Turkey.The four were children of a very poor family living in a poor district of Turkey (it's "Van", a east city). Childs always got in touch with chickens in their unclean farm and after they feel ill, their parents didnt go to any hospital until the illness became grave. And the children couldnt be saved.

For one week, we were warned not to eat chicken or eggs from open areas (in some regions, farmers sell their chicken products in open bazaars). And hunting season is closed by the government.

We buy things (chicken burgers or eggs) from markets or fastfood restaurants in peace now..

And if you are infected (about 20 patients were in Turkey), you can easily treated with Tamiflu..Thats all..

Ok, this ilness is heavier than normal flu, but if cared, its not a danger. All the written things are press speculation...
Last edited by IstanBuL-FenerBaHce on Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:53 am

if the birds have the flu, it doesnt matter if you are dirty or clean. I understood it to be in direct contact with the birds. Such as those who stage bird fights, they apparantly suck blood directly from the birds mouths when they are injured, and the disease is then transferred, albeit not easy !!
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:12 am

:bump i thought worth bumping up

some folk must be worried.

i think when the first european dies of it, then maybe panic will set in
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum