Attention wrestling fans - Chris benoit dead

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Thingy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:50 am

Chris Benoit, family found dead
Written: June 25, 2007STAMFORD, Conn., June 25, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment was informed today by authorities in Fayetteville County, Ga., that WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son were found dead in their home.  Authorities are investigating, but no other details are available at this time.

Instead of its announced programming for tonight on USA Network, WWE will air a three-hour tribute to Chris Benoit.   

Chris was beloved among his fellow Superstars, and was a favorite among WWE fans for his unbelievable athleticism and wrestling ability.  He always took great pride in his performance, and always showed respect for the business he loved, for his peers and towards his fans.  This is a terrible tragedy and an unbearable loss.

WWE extends its sincere condolences and prayers to the Benoit family and loved ones in this time of tragedy. 

Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com.  For our global activities, go to www.wwe.com/worldwide/.

I used to watch Wrestling, and he was one of my Favourite Wrestlers. Terrible Tragedy.

R.I.P
Thingy

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:55 am

as long as he is dead and its not some publicity stunt like vince macmahon.

i read that he rushed home from some show for a family emergency, then later they were all found dead, sounds like a scam to me, he will suddenly re-appear at some show
112-1077774096

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:05 am

A well-known professional wrestler and his family were found dead inside their house in Fayette County Monday afternoon.

Authorities confirmed that Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their 7-year-old son, Daniel, were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville about 4 p.m.

Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren't shot to death.

Benoit, a 40-year-old Canadian native maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the now-defunct World Championship Wrestling.

Most recently, Benoit fought as part of the World Wrestling Entertainment organization. WWE canceled its live show in Corpus Christi Monday night, and its broadcast of "Raw" on the USA Network was a three-hour retrospective on Benoit's career.

"Obviously, all sorts of speculation are running rampant but I have talked to so many people and nobody really knows [whether the couple was having marital troubles]," said Bryan Alvarez, who runs Figurefour Weekly, a wrestling newsletter and Web site, from Linwood, Washington.

Benoit was scheduled to appear in a pay-per-view title match Sunday night, but was a no-show due to a "family emergency," the WWE said during the broadcast.

Benoit's wife, Nancy, managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name, "Woman."

They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of an ongoing storyline on World Championship Wrestling.

Soon after, the two became romantically involved in real life and married, Alvarez said.

Benoit has two other children from a prior relationship.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:13 am

What a massive loss to wrestling. Chris Benoit was the only TRUE wrestler left. I must admit this is a massive shock. Not only to me but im guessing to many who loved the things that wrestling gives to people. I havent watched wrestling since the Bret Hart incident but knew Chris Benoit was held in very high regard. What a loss.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:19 am

as long as he is dead and its not some publicity stunt like vince macmahon.

It's no publicity stunt.

Very sad news.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:07 am

'wild pegasus' Chris Benoit was one of the best pro-wrestlers ever.  never really watched him in the WWE as thats not my thing but seen 90% of his matches in Japan. 

I was gutted when he signed for the WWE.  wanted him to stay in Japan for his whole career.

here a vid of his stuff in Japan.  none of that WWE BS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7l5XPPbCwo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFpzX-a3FDE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McVDYVeWF3I
kobashi

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:12 am

RIP Canadian Crippler

i remember his title match with Bret Hart in WCW. Since WCW defunct ive been watching TNA.
He was one of ther best technical wrestlers around...
sighz
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:14 am

How many of u guys watch TNA? im a huge Sting fan since the early days of WCW.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Wilhelmsson » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:19 am

R.I.P

It could have been carbon monoxide, it’s the silent killer.  :(
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby GOAT » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:23 am

Apparently a murder-suicide, killed his wife an kid then killed himself...
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:26 am

i think the police have already said he died from a gunshot wound. there is a belief he killed his wife and son a few days ago and the bodies were left in the house, he then returned to the house and killed himself.

i wonder whether his obituary will be in the actors or sportsmans section?
112-1077774096

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6viMk_o4Wns
maypaxvobiscum

Postby kunilson » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:27 am

ironic that they play with death on a storyline and almost immediately a real death happens...

tragedy is what it is. R.I.P
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:07 am

Very sad news indeed, I used to watch alot of WWE, very strong wrestler
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:48 pm

RIP Benoit. Legendary wrestler. Came back from a broken neck once and had that crippler crossface in his arsenal. Can't say I watch WWE these days, but I know he'll be missed.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum