Asian invasion - Oriental film

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:09 am

just tell me what you think of the opening 5 mins :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:45 pm

Im not a chink but we all floaaaat here Bam!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:51 pm

Number 9 wrote:Image

:D

Just browsing this, may have a look at that "Mongol" one, soon, about Gengis Khan.

Have you seen it Baz, or can you recomend a good one ?
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Number 9 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:01 pm

Bamaga man wrote:

Just browsing this, may have a look at that "Mongol" one, soon, about Gengis Khan.

It depends what ya like mate...If you want an epic you know where to go..If on the other hand you require unbridled violence..Give me a shout and i will share with you the unbribled Flowers of flesh and blood!
I never made it...Ok!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:33 pm

Bamaga man wrote:

Here's the trailer links to two classics

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mzXbV9a5GA4

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UrpMrSvIOpE

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:41 pm

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:24 pm

Watched UNLEASHED, the other day and thought it was a great film.

Starred Jet Li ,Bob Hoskins and Morgan Freeman.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:54 pm

Just finished watching an amazing movie!
A Korean war movie called Tae Guk Gi:The brotherhood of war!
Fecking great it was,best war movie ever! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:40 pm

Number 9 wrote:Just finished watching an amazing movie!

A great movie Baz, released here on dvd a few years back under the shortened title "Brotherhood" .

Now available for only £2.99 via HMV ONLINE.

Deffo worth having in anyone's collection if they're into war films.

p.s. Keep your eye's peeled for chinese war film "Assembly" mentioned on page 17 of this thread. Well worth seeing.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Number 9 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:18 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Just finished watching an amazing movie!

A great movie Baz, released here on dvd a few years back under the shortened title "Brotherhood" .

Now available for only £2.99 via HMV ONLINE.

Deffo worth having in anyone's collection if they're into war films.

p.s. Keep your eye's peeled for chinese war film "Assembly" mentioned on page 17 of this thread. Well worth seeing.

It was excellent,everything about it!
The story was spot on,great effects(very realistic)..great battle scenes and it was interesting as well.Never really new much about the Korean war!
Sad that the commys party made people sign up and attend rallies with the reward of food!They knew full well the people did not support them but would have starved to death otherwise!
Then when the army got the commys out of town they executed all their own people that signed up! :no
Cant really think of a better war movie I've seen.Black hawk down,Platoon,Flags of our fathers,Windtalkers are among my favs but this was better!
Any more around like that??
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:56 pm

You've mentioned Flags of our Fathers, a far better film about Iwo Jima is imo  "Letters from Iwo Jima", again directed by Clint Eastwood but this time viewed from the Japanese side . All Japanese actors and subtitles I'm afraid but despite the subtitles (or maybe because of them ?) it struck me as  a far more powerful and moving film.

I'm not working for HMV honest   :D , but again a twin set "Flags of Our Fathers/Letters from Iwo Jima" is avilable on DVD via HMV online for just £7.99.

BARGAIN !  :D

Iwo Jima trailer

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Number 9 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:04 pm

woof woof ! wrote:You've mentioned Flags of our Fathers, a far better film about Iwo Jima is imo  "Letters from Iwo Jima", again directed by Clint Eastwood but this time viewed from the Japanese side . All Japanese actors and subtitles I'm afraid but despite the subtitles (or maybe because of them ?) it struck me as  a far more powerful and moving film.

I'm not working for HMV honest   :D , but again a twin set "Flags of Our Fathers/Letters from Iwo Jima" is avilable on DVD via HMV online for just £7.99.

Iwo Jima trailer

Will have a look cheers woof!
Oh BTW i dont work for a book shop but the book flags of our fathers is 100 times better than the movie..yeah that good!
You can almost hear the chaos and smell the rotten bodies in parts,goes a lot deeper and describes things the movie does'nt.
In fact i've got confused the book im on about is We were Soldiers not Flags of our fathers!! :laugh:
But if you aint read that do! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:46 pm

Number 9 wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:You've mentioned Flags of our Fathers, a far better film about Iwo Jima is imo  "Letters from Iwo Jima", again directed by Clint Eastwood but this time viewed from the Japanese side . All Japanese actors and subtitles I'm afraid but despite the subtitles (or maybe because of them ?) it struck me as  a far more powerful and moving film.

Iwo Jima trailer

Will have a look cheers woof!
Oh BTW i dont work for a book shop but the book flags of our fathers is 100 times better than the movie..yeah that good!
You can almost hear the chaos and smell the rotten bodies in parts,goes a lot deeper and describes things the movie does'nt.
In fact i've got confused the book im on about is We were Soldiers not Flags of our fathers!! :laugh:
But if you aint read that do! :nod

Letters from iwo jima is an amazing and very moving film , scene from a japanese perspective . After watching it i thought that the whole dieing honourably thing was a bit of a red herring , it's more of a die honourable or i'll shoot you and we'll tell your town back home what a coward you were . Which will of course bring disgrace upon your family . Very sad film .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:51 pm

to be honest i thought both letters from... and flags were awful films, but im not a massive fan of eastwodd recently. there was no soul to these films.

letters from was a bit betetr than the other, but you cant have someone like eastwood getting into the mindset of the japanese in this type of thing.

both get 6.5/10 for me
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:05 pm

dawson99 wrote:to be honest i thought both letters from... and flags were awful films, but im not a massive fan of eastwodd recently. there was no soul to these films.

letters from was a bit betetr than the other, but you cant have someone like eastwood getting into the mindset of the japanese in this type of thing.

both get 6.5/10 for me

The film is based on the nonfiction books "Gyokusai sōshikikan" no etegami ("Picture letters from the Commander in Chief")[2] by General Tadamichi Kuribayashi (portrayed on screen by Ken Watanabe) and So Sad To Fall In Battle: An Account of War [3] by Kumiko Kakehashi about the Battle of Iwo Jima. While some characters such as Saigo are fictional, the overall battle as well as several of the commanders are based upon actual people and events.(from Wiki)

Not as if he didn't have some help from Japanese sources Dawsinio, although it is fair to say that some Japanese did object to their depiction in the film.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum