Amazing technology

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Dundalk » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:14 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Here is the newest technological breakthrough:

It's called a "Wheel".

It makes steps awkward. :;):

I dont get it, what is it meant to do, change the world?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:33 am

Dundalk wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Here is the newest technological breakthrough:

It's called a "Wheel".

It makes steps awkward. :;):

I dont get it, what is it meant to do, change the world?

I think we're just going round in circles, tbh.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:22 pm

oh my gosh!!!

0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:25 pm

technology that prevents the world from millions of sons of a bitch

anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:55 am

Devolo dLAN 200 AVdesk Starter Kit
Powerline devices – gadgets that let you use existing household power circuits as network cabling – are popping out of the woodwork at a rate of knots.

The latest, such as Devolo's dLAN 200 AVdesk starter kit of two devices plus cables and software, support Homeplug AV, a fast, encrypted standard designed for streaming HD (high-definition) TV around your house. The standard boasts of potential bandwidths of 200Mbps (megabits per second), but you'll struggle to get this in practice.

Setting the kit up is so simple it barely needs instructions: plug in the devices, hook up a couple of cables and bingo, you're networked. There's only one ethernet socket, which is a pity; it could have directly serviced a roomful of computers. As it is, plugging in a cheap switch instead won't break the bank.

To give a wired benchmark, we first tested a normal 100Mbps network with QCheck and got a peak reading of 93Mbps. We ran the same test using plain 54G Wi-Fi – here we got no more than 21Mbps. Plugging in the Devolo dLAN 200 resulted in throughput jumping to 30Mbps. This level of performance meant our 720p HD demo clip played very well. Increasing range slightly reduced speed, but the effect was significantly reduced with dLAN 200.

One note of caution: if you own Netgear HDX101 adaptors, unplug them. dLAN barely worked when the Netgears were connected.

Verdict
The dLAN 200's performance may seem uninspiring, but it's still good enough to stream HD movies flawlessly. However, for the money you could install a wired network between two rooms.

Not amazing technology but once the price comes down under the £100 mark is definitely the way ahead for networking TV/X-BOX/ INTERNET etc
account deleted by request

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:08 am

i feckin love technology and gadgets. i build robots in my spare time, work with artificial intelligence (yes, yes, because i have none of my own) and do stupid things with electricity on a regular basis.

BUT if there is one bit of technology i would LOVE to have and that would change my life forever itn would be one of these....

eat your funkin heart out clive sinclair :D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:54 am

Hah andy_g, those little things got plenty of go as well. I reckon it would take a while to get used to all the leaning forward and back etc. But honetly if someone were to go past me on one of those i would p.iss myself laughing.

Looks like toilets are never going to be same again -

Armitage Shanks and Apple have formed a JV to revolutionise toilet fixtures. The new JV is to be called iShanks.

According to sources in both companies they are already at the functional prototype stage for a line of new products. The first to be released soon is the iPottie. see the pic below.

:p

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:02 am

you certainly like worth 1000 babu
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:16 am

Judge wrote:you certainly like worth 1000 babu

yup its my U-Tube

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:38 am

dawson99 wrote:oh my gosh!!!

:oh:  thats the best thing since sliced bread  :oh:
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:07 pm

babu wrote:Hah andy_g, those little things got plenty of go as well. I reckon it would take a while to get used to all the leaning forward and back etc. But honetly if someone were to go past me on one of those i would p.iss myself laughing.

actually from what i have heard they are very easy to get used to. friends of mine have used them and were amazed at how quicky they felt completely in control - apart from the one that accelerated into a bollard and fecked his leg that is. :D

there are quite a few of them here in barcelona as companies do city tours with them. i'm pretty used to seeing them about.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:20 pm

eat your funkin heart out clive sinclair

Sir CLive Sinclair's C5 was a great idea, but you know too early for his time, if you used it in the eighties you'd swallow all the smoke of the cars :)

About the device you put in the thead (cannot remember it's name now) it's nice, but too expensive for what it provides.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:30 pm

andy_g wrote:
babu wrote:Hah andy_g, those little things got plenty of go as well. I reckon it would take a while to get used to all the leaning forward and back etc. But honetly if someone were to go past me on one of those i would p.iss myself laughing.

actually from what i have heard they are very easy to get used to. friends of mine have used them and were amazed at how quicky they felt completely in control - apart from the one that accelerated into a bollard and fecked his leg that is. :D

there are quite a few of them here in barcelona as companies do city tours with them. i'm pretty used to seeing them about.

that is extremely depressing news. what i suggest is carrying around a long cast iron pipe (if you don't already do  :D ) and using it to disable (knee caps are good!) these silly deluded people that you see using them. !!!

I support technology!!..... but only those i reckon are cool!  :buttrock

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:34 pm

Sabre wrote:
eat your funkin heart out clive sinclair

Sir CLive Sinclair's C5 was a great idea, but you know too early for his time, if you used it in the eighties you'd swallow all the smoke of the cars :)

About the device you put in the thead (cannot remember it's name now) it's nice, but too expensive for what it provides.

nah sorry sabre, they said that about Citreon in the 80's, car way ahead of its time. a shit car is a shit car, and stupid 3-wheeled battery operated, computer sounding piece of crap, is still a piece of crap.

:D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:24 pm

fair enough :D

BUt it didn't look that bad at the time

Image :D
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum