A poem for the brits - Illegal immigrants

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:23 pm

Sorry people, theres no poem here anymore possibly to contriversal  ???   :blush:
66-1112520797

Postby Woollyback » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:30 pm

sounds about right :laugh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:32 pm

I read it and I kind of agree. It could have caused tension.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:44 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:I read it and I kind of agree. It could have caused tension.

Yeah I thought so, I think it was a bit stupid of me posting it TBH, but it was only for a laugh.

At least it got one laugh out of it though (Woolly  :D )
66-1112520797

Postby Dalglish » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:57 pm

Whilst I'm all for free speech and I'm perturbed at how much of a "Nanny state" we have become I would imagine that your poem was probably a tad too controversial and may have caused offence...............

I suppose one of the MODS have erred on the side of caution and pulled it.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:57 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:I read it and I kind of agree. It could have caused tension.

Yeah I thought so, I think it was a bit stupid of me posting it TBH, but it was only for a laugh.

At least it got one laugh out of it though (Woolly  :D )

absolutely, i read it as a funny article rather than a racist item :eyebrow  the crappest people in the world are the people who can't take the p*ss out of themselves and fail to see the funny side when somebody else does  :O
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:58 pm

Get it back up there I want to read it, can you PM it to me?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:30 am

Woollyback wrote:absolutely, i read it as a funny article rather than a racist item :eyebrow  the crappest people in the world are the people who can't take the p*ss out of themselves and fail to see the funny side when somebody else does  :O

I didn't have time to read it before it was pulled AL but it's easy to see the funny side when your not a minority mate.

I think when you are a minority it's funny the first time , the second time it's irritating than it just gets boring :Oo:

I've lived and worked on Merseyside all my life and how my sides ache everytime I hear some reference to "Hub Caps and Scousers"..............

Cheap shots are simply that ...............cheap ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:42 am

Dalglish wrote:
Woollyback wrote:absolutely, i read it as a funny article rather than a racist item :eyebrow  the crappest people in the world are the people who can't take the p*ss out of themselves and fail to see the funny side when somebody else does  :O

I didn't have time to read it before it was pulled AL but it's easy to see the funny side when your not a minority mate.

I think when you are a minority it's funny the first time , the second time it's irritating than it just gets boring :Oo:

I've lived and worked on Merseyside all my life and how my sides ache everytime I hear some reference to "Hub Caps and Scousers"..............

it was actually taking the p*ss out of the british system for being a gravy train for every tom, dick or harry who wants a free ride :)
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:46 am

Woollyback wrote:
Dalglish wrote:

it was actually taking the p*ss out of the british system for being a gravy train for every tom, dick or harry who wants a free ride :)

Thats what I thought, should I post it ?
66-1112520797

Postby Woollyback » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:28 am

Bamaga man wrote:
Woollyback wrote:
Dalglish wrote:

Thats what I thought, should I post it ?

nah, too many people would take it the wrong way and throw their teddies out the pram :(
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:35 pm

Dalglish wrote:I suppose one of the MODS have erred on the side of caution and pulled it.

The poem was actually deleted by the creator of this thread.With a little tinkering it would be quite acceptable to most.
Last edited by supersub on Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:53 pm

Yer, not guilty, I didn't delete it.  Although I would have left it up and gauged the reaction first.

Without too much thought, I can hazard a guess what the reaction would have been.
jonnymac1979

Return to General Chat Forum