**3 bedroom appartment for sale**

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:21 am

just teaching here mate, full time at a business college and part time at one of the universities. i also have some private classes (corporate work). the college is a girls college, age 15 to 20, some good students. its not that rewarding financially but thats not what i need, but i do enjoy doing it.

i normally work in finance, my three years in malaysia were in finance but thailand is not regulated so i dont really want to go down that avenue here.

myself and my girlfriend are looking at a few ideas, we considered buying some land up north and building a small resort, but i am also considering my own business, either language school or business training for companies.
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:28 am

myself and my girlfriend are looking at a few ideas, we considered buying some land up north and building a small resort, but i am also considering my own business, either language school or business training for companies.

Language school hey Peewee. I'm just wondering if you've ever heard of THRASS, I cannot remember what it stands for :D  but it helps students with ESL, English as a second language ?

Its really good, my girlfriend is a School teacher and she swears by it. I tried to use it in my short time when I was a tutor up north with the Aboriginals, but I need many more courses in it to comprehend and use it properly.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:33 am

stands for Teaching Handwriting Reading And Spelling Skills.  its not something i have ever used mate, i mostly prepare them for TOEIC, normally out here they need a certain TOEIC score for work as an example an air hostess will need a score of over 600. (maximum score is 900 I think), THRASS is a teaching method as opposed to a qualification, i think its based on visual teaching methods
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:41 am

peewee wrote:stands for Teaching Handwriting Reading And Spelling Skills.  its not something i have ever used mate, i mostly prepare them for TOEIC, normally out here they need a certain TOEIC score for work as an example an air hostess will need a score of over 600. (maximum score is 900 I think), THRASS is a teaching method as opposed to a qualification, i think its based on visual teaching methods

I met the lady who promotes it over here in Australia, Denise Richards.  she flys to countrys like Japan, China, Indonesia, setting up THRASS teachers and courses. Yes THRASS is a teaching method, which helps develope the spelling and sounding of the English language. Its quite visual but not totally.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:56 am

Bamaga man wrote:develope the spelling and sounding of the English language.

how ironic     :laugh:

only joking mate    :D
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:10 am

peewee wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:develope the spelling and sounding of the English language.

how ironic     :laugh:

only joking mate    :D

:laugh:

Just testing ya mate

:blush:   :D
66-1112520797

Postby burjennio » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:08 pm

So what kind of skills are the good people of Australia and Thialand looking for in an immigrant?
burjennio

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:24 pm

Flipping heck. I sold my 1 bedroom flat for £124,000 a couple of months back
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:07 pm

peewee wrote:you can just visit with no visa, as in you dont need to go to the thai embassy, you can just fly in and get 30 days, most people used to do that and leave the country every 30 days to cambodia or laos, cross the border and come straight back and get another 30 days, people would do this 12 times a year.

now though they have clamped down, you can only enter 3 times in 6 months so this means people have to leave for at least 3 months out of every six months, trying to get rid of the dregs.

there are visas you can get to stay longer, dependency visa etc, work permits, study visas, it all depends how long you want to be here and whether you have a job to get a work permit

the type of visa i have has to be renewed every 12 months

Thanks. I've visited Thai twice, i was just wondering how a UK citizen was allowed to stay indefinatly like you were. Can Peewee tok thai?!
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:23 pm

burjennio wrote:So what kind of skills are the good people of Australia and Thialand looking for in an immigrant?

The people of Australia need colonising again from the Brits, more should come over and drag them into the 21st Century. For example, Potable water is at an all time low here, the con's turned their noses up at recycling water years ago and now there paying the price. Also there old Prime minister is more or less in denial about Global Warming would you believe. He doesnt think Humans produce enough greenhouse gases to melt the ice caps, and would preferably be ignorant in thinking its a natural cause in evolution, a bit like the Yanks really.

All that aside, I think Australia is great I suppose the good people of Australia are looking firstly for English speaklers, which helps and of similar cultural background. An honest hardworkering tax payer, like any other Government I suppose, and as long as you dont have weopons of mass destruction and are under the age of 30 (Ithink) you;ll have a decent chance.

As for Thailand, we'll they'd take anybody look at Peewee  :D  Even girls with Penis's an all !
66-1112520797

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:23 am

redtrader74 wrote:
peewee wrote:you can just visit with no visa, as in you dont need to go to the thai embassy, you can just fly in and get 30 days, most people used to do that and leave the country every 30 days to cambodia or laos, cross the border and come straight back and get another 30 days, people would do this 12 times a year.

now though they have clamped down, you can only enter 3 times in 6 months so this means people have to leave for at least 3 months out of every six months, trying to get rid of the dregs.

there are visas you can get to stay longer, dependency visa etc, work permits, study visas, it all depends how long you want to be here and whether you have a job to get a work permit

the type of visa i have has to be renewed every 12 months

Thanks. I've visited Thai twice, i was just wondering how a UK citizen was allowed to stay indefinatly like you were. Can Peewee tok thai?!

i have basically taught myself thai, well enough thai to get by. i am considering lessons now
112-1077774096

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:45 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
burjennio wrote:So what kind of skills are the good people of Australia and Thialand looking for in an immigrant?

The people of Australia need colonising again from the Brits

we could do with emptying our prisons again. might save some taxpayers money

i might suggest that to gordon brown

:laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:04 pm

I currently work in a call centre atm and, to be honest, its poor and the money is awful, im looking to study something for the next few years and hopefully immagrate because N. Ireland has become a joke with its over inflated house prices and complete lack of ability to tackle organized crime (or even regular crime) so I was interested in finding out which kind of fields are your respective countries looking for workers in?
burjennio

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum