24 - Best Programme Ever

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Mikz » Thu May 17, 2007 11:53 pm

Looking forward to that brother! Hotting up for a great finale -it has been a disappointing season but only by its own very high standards.
I still love it!! Rock on Jack! :D
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Sun May 20, 2007 5:41 pm

Tonight Fox is airing the final episode of the simpsons season 18, and they're doing a spoof of 24!!!

Principal Skinner opens a CTU – Counter Truancy Unit – at Springfield Elementary School with Lisa heading up the operation. Homer is sent on to dispose a container of yogurt so far past its freshness date that it could be toxic, but the reeking yogurt falls into the hands of Dolph, Jimbo and Kearney. With the help of Jack Bauer and Chloe O'Brian, Bart and Lisa must stop the bullies from releasing the ultimate stink bomb at the school’s bake sale.

Does anyone know where I can watch this online?
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun May 20, 2007 5:46 pm

sweet!!! well meanwhile im stillw aiting for november so i can buy 24 on dvd, so i have stayed away, no idea whats happening in this series...

doing my head in!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:36 pm

I've finally just finished watching day 6 after recording it off of Sky and I've gotta say it was a bit of a let down.  :down:
It was always gonna be hard to match day 5 but this one seemed to run out of steam about 5 hours short and they had to add on another story at the end.

With all of the talk of moving the action to a different location or even spreading it across two locations for the next series I'm already itching to see it.

24 still rules and Jack Bauer still pisses on all super hero's!  :buttrock

Might just go and start re-watching day 3.  :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:59 pm

for me day 3 and 4 were the best.....2 would have been up there too if it weren't for the unecessary Kim story.

I thought day 5 started off brilliant, but kind of lost its way in the middle, but picked up again at the end. As u said day 6 kindof dragged on a bit at the end, although i did enjoy the CTU hostage situation even though it was predictable in a way. but up until the end quarter of day 6 i thought it was fantastic.
But thats the main problem. 24 is such a great show, but its main appeal to me is the way it changes so unexpectedly....even though it is my favourite show at the moment i kinda want it to end, with "dignity".....i dont see how 2 or 3 more seasons + movies can be made without it being ruined a bit..
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby lilday » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:05 pm

Ive watched it once or twice, pretty good.

My favourates are Lost, Family guy and prison break.
lilday

Postby Feeney » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:06 pm

dward wrote:Tonight Fox is airing the final episode of the simpsons season 18, and they're doing a spoof of 24!!!

Principal Skinner opens a CTU – Counter Truancy Unit – at Springfield Elementary School with Lisa heading up the operation. Homer is sent on to dispose a container of yogurt so far past its freshness date that it could be toxic, but the reeking yogurt falls into the hands of Dolph, Jimbo and Kearney. With the help of Jack Bauer and Chloe O'Brian, Bart and Lisa must stop the bullies from releasing the ultimate stink bomb at the school’s bake sale.

Does anyone know where I can watch this online?

I've been told this episode will be show on Sky One this Sunday. Looking forward to it.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:30 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:I've finally just finished watching day 6 after recording it off of Sky and I've gotta say it was a bit of a let down.  :down:
It was always gonna be hard to match day 5 but this one seemed to run out of steam about 5 hours short and they had to add on another story at the end.

Yeah it was a big let down, they really have to up there game for season 7. lost is kicking there ass at the moment
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:22 pm

Dundalk wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:I've finally just finished watching day 6 after recording it off of Sky and I've gotta say it was a bit of a let down.  :down:

Yeah it was a big let down, they really have to up there game for season 7. lost is kicking there ass at the moment

Never got into Lost TBH. I heard it was looking quite good but when it started on Ch.4 I was away on holiday so I thought, sod it I'll get into it when they show the repeats on E4 or somethin, guess what, the feckers never did and it just got too far into it for me to be arsed.  :D

I'm well into THE UNIT, SLEEPERCELL and just strating on PRISONBREAK as it's bein repeated on UKGOLD at the mo. Unit & Sleepercell are both very good and are similar subjects to 24 but from different angles. Currently recording sleepercell on sky+ to put on to DVD to watch like I do with 24. Deffo worth a look if you ain't seen it yet but try and get into it from the 1st series as like 24 it's a continual story.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:50 pm

Season 7 of 24 promises to be its tensest yet — at least on the set.

Execs at the Fox hit have scrapped virtually their entire story line for the season, delaying the start of production by roughly three weeks. According to sources, the 11th-hour time-out was called after the network put the kibosh on a costly plan to shoot a number of episodes in Africa. Producers briefly toyed with the idea of finding a location in Los Angeles that could sub for the continent, but they ultimately decided to ditch the whole concept and start over from scratch.

Although a Twentieth Century Fox spokesperson declined to comment, 24's expert scowler, Mary Lynn Rajskub, confirms that the clock for Day 7 has been reset. "I don't know what's going on over there, but they're going crazy," says the scene-stealer, who learned only last week that Chloe would be returning. "We usually start [back up] at the end of July, and I don't think we're starting until a couple of weeks into August now. It's kind of exciting, because I think [the postponement] means that they're really having to dig in there and come up with new stuff."

The show's creative team was no doubt already feeling the pressure: Day 6 was considered to be about as explosive as a wet firecracker, so for Season 7 they really needed a plot that was incendiary.

Cannot wait for this show to come back on. Day 7 licks off in January
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:22 pm

I have watched the first three series and have lost interest. Season One is an absolute cracker which pulled no punches but I have been disapointed with the next two. For example, how can The West Wing refer specifically to real countries like Syria and Iraq while series two of 24 talks about "The Middle East". I thought that was a bit weak, I mean, in one breath 24 will show Jack Buer torturing people, the next it will refer to an unidentified country in the middle east.

Also, I am sick to death of the petty office squabbles back at CTU while Jack is off saving the world. The episodes with Kim working in CTU in series 3 were seriously annoying where she and Chloe were arguing over Chloe's baby. That was weak.

Still, the basic premise is excellent, I love Jack's character, it just strikes me that the show's producers use too much filler to flesh out the 24 episodes format.

For me the big daddy of TV is The Sopranos. Nothing comes close. You are a major character in the Sopranos, having been there since day one. The next thing you know you are killed off within the first five minutes of an episode with no dramatric build up: bang, you're gone.  :D Class stuff.

Also, what other tv show shows the major character kerb stomping a guy? :O
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:48 pm

JBG, Season 5 was up there with Season 1 in my opinion.  Absolutely brilliant stuff.  If you wanted to sit through season 4 you'd not be doing yourself any harm.

Season 6 was weak I thought... and I was a major champion of 24 once.  Season 6 was just '24 by numbers' to pardon the pun.

I've seen every single episode of the Sopranos.  The episode Pine Barrens has to be favourite episode ever where Paulie and Christopher get lost in the New Jersey woods.  Had me in stitches.
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Postby red37 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:56 pm

Still got love for this. Roll on New year!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:39 pm

I never got into watching the likes of Lost, The Sopranos, or 24. It looked interesting way back (don't know how long ago) when it started. Then the likes of Heroes, Prison Break etc etc came out. With the exception of maybe 24 and Sopranos, I just don't like the style of how everything else is made. The last long running series I watched week in, and week out was The X-Files right up until series 7 and just got bored with it half way through series 8, as it got just a bit too ridiculous There hasn't been a better cult series since imo. It had everything.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:03 pm

Seen every single episode of Heroes and Prison break as well. 

Prison Break's last two episodes of season 3 so far have been top stuff, especially the finale of last weeks...
jonnymac1979

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum