24 - Best Programme Ever

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:37 pm

i havent managed to see any of the new series :(
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:31 pm

Yeah just seen the new episode Mikz is right it was a bit week but some of them close to the center of a series usually are
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:01 pm

Dundalk wrote:TV drama 24 is under fire from Muslim groups in the US, which say the show's latest storyline fuels intolerance.

The current series begins with Islamic terrorists waging an 11-day campaign of suicide bombings across America.

The Council on American-Islam Relations said: "Repeated association of acts of terrorism with Islam will only serve to increase anti-Muslim prejudice".

TV network Fox said it had "not singled out any ethnic or religious group for blame in creating its characters".

"24 is a heightened drama about anti-terrorism," the statement continued.

"Any individual, family, or group (ethnic or otherwise) that engages in violence is not meant to be typical."

"Over the past several seasons, the villains have included shadowy Anglo businessmen, Baltic Europeans, Germans, Russians, Islamic fundamentalists, and even the (Anglo-American) president of the United States."

"I do realise it's a multi-dimensional show that portrays extreme situations," said Sireen Sawaf from the Los Angeles-based Muslim Public Affairs Council.

"But I'm concerned about the image it ingrains in the minds of the American public and the American government, particularly when you have anti-Muslim statements spewing from the mouths of government officials."

"The overwhelming impression you get is fear and hatred for Muslims," said Rabiah Ahmed, a spokeswoman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

"After watching that show, I was afraid to go to the grocery store because I wasn't sure the person next to me would be able to differentiate between fiction and reality," she told the Associated Press news agency.

The council has raised concerns about the content of 24 in the past.

In response to a similar complaint two years ago, Fox aired a public service announcement featuring the show's star, Kiefer Sutherland, urging viewers to avoid stereotyping Muslims.

Missed this post earlier .

All I can say in response to Rabiah Ahmed statement

"After watching that show, I was afraid to go to the grocery store because I wasn't sure the person next to me would be able to differentiate between fiction and reality,"

In the light of the arrests in Birmingham (uk) in the last 24 hours ,is it any wonder that some people have difficulty distinguishing fact from fiction ? .

The shows storyline is certainly taking things to the extreme , but people who are willing to blow themselves up have already shown themselves to be way past extreme . I'm of the opinion that given the oppotunity, suicidal fanatics would make the shows current storyline look very plausible indeed.

:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Feeney » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:02 am

Havining already seen up to episode 5, i'm making tomorrow a bit of a 24 night  - i've recorded 3 & 4 from last week and i'm going to watch 5 & 6 straight afterwards.

With Sky only being 6 days behind America, i'm gonna wait so I can watch it in cinerama, rather than haunched over a keyboard. God call by Sky to follow it so closely, but then, they must have lost a few viewers last season, er, like us!!! :p

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:34 pm

I must admit to being a very recent convert to this programme. It is fantastic.

Not being one for watching much telly (there are far better ways of adorning a permanent squint. Several of which are actually quite enjoyable, once you get the method nailed...)

But i can honestly say im hooked! And will be perusing the shelves for further gratification over the coming months. Sutherland is exquisite in this. And refreshingly, not at all how i expected him to be.....Best show on T.V?....well i wouldnt know that with any certainty. But its got to be up there. Top draw!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:06 pm

When is the next episode out?
jonnymac1979

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:23 pm

Aired in usa tonight Jonny , should be on tvtorrents tomorrow . :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Mikz » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:24 am

Heres a link for the latest torrent brother. (avi file too)

http://www.torrentportal.com/details....vi.html

If for any reason it doesnt work for anyone , there is a list of others at the bottom of the page.
Peace out!
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:29 pm

Just seen it, brilliant!

Cant wait until next week already!!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:38 am

Class episode brother, bit of a shocker eh what!  :D Its one of them times when yer scramblin for the next disc and realise ITS NOT THERE ..and ya have to wait til next week.

Hes one evil bas.ta.rd -you know who I mean , has the potential to be one of the vilest yet.

And ..is it just me..or was anyone else thinking Christian Shepherd when ya see Jacks old man? :lookaround
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:02 pm

There is a double episode tonight, 8 and 9! :)
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:39 am

Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:14 pm

Just seen episode 8 the best bit of TV ive seen for a long time.

Absolute class

Off to watch 9
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:34 pm

Seen 9 cant wait another week to see 10, this series has just really hotted up with these 2 episodes
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:18 am

Here is the latest episode brothers-Gold dust I say! Even had a few guys calling at my door last night asking me if I had means to downloading this  :D Its that good!!
Episode 10 (3:00 PM - 4:00 PM)

http://www.torrentsforall.net/details.php?id=3488

or

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/1062402/24_S06E10_HDTV_XviD_XOR_eztv
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum