24 - Best Programme Ever

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:57 pm

I'm awaiting with great anticipation the postie arriving tomorrow or Thursday as I've ordered season1 from Play.com for £17.99! and i can't wait to go bak and watch it again 'cos I ain't seen it since I first saw it way back when it appeared on BBC 3 just before day 2 started. One whole series shown on 24 consecutive weeknights now that is the way to broadcast this show and not spread over six fecking months!

I've found recently that you CAN go back and watch old series of 24 as long as it's been a while since ye first saw it. OK you're gonna remember the main bombshells from each season but you do pick up on some of the subtler happenings that you maybe miss first time round 'cos you're too busy thinking, wow what the hell just happened or simply  :wwww fook me sideways!!!
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:20 am

right then ive just finished the first disc season 1 episodes 1:00,2:00,3:00,+4:00

i think it is absolutely................................................................................
..........................................................................................
.................................... ..........................................................................................
...................................... ..........................................................................................
..................................................................... ..........................................................................................
..........................................................................................
........?? ill tell yer tomorrow !!!
only joshin i think it is very very good and i'm hooked but it will have to be a disc a night i'm in court most days so cant stay up that late but i might watch one more tonight  :nod

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:49 am

It hasnt even warmed up yet bro...thats just walkin to the shop to buy the lighter to light the fuse  :D
I thought day 1 was great, I know Jmac loved this one too but Day 2 and after is a whole different ball game
Its hard to explain...even if this wasnt action packed, it still would give me that feel good factor , the characters the ctu setting -I fcuking love it!! :buttrock
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:16 pm

http://www.ctuagent.com

PASSCODE - D9D5JJ

:cool:
Last edited by Feeney on Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:45 pm

Nuts that Feeney!!!  I just got a fucking phone call!!!!

Good job I never did this in work!!!
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:49 pm

Just got a fucking text message of Jack Bauer.  Is this one of those online games? 

As long as it costs me fuck all in phone call charges, all I can say is thank fuck I'm off work for the next four days!!!!
jonnymac1979

Postby Dundalk » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:41 am

TV drama 24 is under fire from Muslim groups in the US, which say the show's latest storyline fuels intolerance.

The current series begins with Islamic terrorists waging an 11-day campaign of suicide bombings across America.

The Council on American-Islam Relations said: "Repeated association of acts of terrorism with Islam will only serve to increase anti-Muslim prejudice".

TV network Fox said it had "not singled out any ethnic or religious group for blame in creating its characters".

"24 is a heightened drama about anti-terrorism," the statement continued.

"Any individual, family, or group (ethnic or otherwise) that engages in violence is not meant to be typical."

"Over the past several seasons, the villains have included shadowy Anglo businessmen, Baltic Europeans, Germans, Russians, Islamic fundamentalists, and even the (Anglo-American) president of the United States."

"I do realise it's a multi-dimensional show that portrays extreme situations," said Sireen Sawaf from the Los Angeles-based Muslim Public Affairs Council.

"But I'm concerned about the image it ingrains in the minds of the American public and the American government, particularly when you have anti-Muslim statements spewing from the mouths of government officials."

"The overwhelming impression you get is fear and hatred for Muslims," said Rabiah Ahmed, a spokeswoman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

"After watching that show, I was afraid to go to the grocery store because I wasn't sure the person next to me would be able to differentiate between fiction and reality," she told the Associated Press news agency.

The council has raised concerns about the content of 24 in the past.

In response to a similar complaint two years ago, Fox aired a public service announcement featuring the show's star, Kiefer Sutherland, urging viewers to avoid stereotyping Muslims.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:49 am

Heres the one we have been waiting for -

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent....QM_eztv
Last edited by Mikz on Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:48 pm

Just seen episode 5, very good

This season has the makings of being one of the best yet
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:59 pm

like i said i got season 1 ive nearly watched it all i have one disc left to watch and ive just ordered season 2,3,+4 off play.com i'm hooked  :cool:

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby dward » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:26 pm

daxy1 wrote:like i said i got season 1 ive nearly watched it all i have one disc left to watch and ive just ordered season 2,3,+4 off play.com i'm hooked  :cool:

We told you it was brilliant. :;):
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:45 am

Mikz wrote:Heres the one we have been waiting for -

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent....QM_eztv

What a bloody episode.  :oh:

NO WAY did I see that one coming at all! This series just gets better and better. So many questions have been raised from this episode alone!!!!  :bowdown

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:10 am

Heres the next one..11.00 -12.00

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent....TV_eztv

This ones flying...but its in rar format(install winrar to unpack)

http://www.torrentsforall.net/details.php?id=2785
Last edited by Mikz on Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:37 pm

Just watched 11.00 am - 12 ..I have to say that was weak.
I dont think I said for f.c.u.k sake so many times 

:sleepy: Obviously one of them frustrating ones needed for the build up...the next one will be better I hope.

That baldy wee fc.uker, cant stand im !! His wifes an absolute blinder.
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:47 pm

I'll watch this tomorrow.  Can't believe I forgot about this.  Been busy all day today though.
jonnymac1979

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum