24 - Best Programme Ever

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby stoney » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:34 pm

Smeg wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:Get laid Smeg.

Being the person in control of the penis, am I not the one who does the laying? As opposed to gettin laid, surely that would require me to  have a vagina?

Get laid smeg  :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:12 pm

Anyone hear of any other prequel videos floating about? Cant wait for Day 6 :buttrock

Seen President Palmer on the adverts for THE UNIT. It looks a good show too, but he doesnt half look silly  :D  Im so used to him being president of the united states, when ya see him doing the Almeida walk  :laugh: doesnt seem right
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:37 pm

Season 6 Trailer coming soon...

http://www.24trailer.com/

:buttrock

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:22 am

I cant wait for season 6 can we just get all this christmas crap out of the way and get in to january and get the best show in the world ever back on our screens
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:42 am

Feeney wrote:Season 6 Trailer coming soon...

:buttrock

:D  How come that clock isn't making any sound as the seconds tick away ?   :D

Can't wait for season 6 , will Jack get off the boat and swim to freedom ? or will he have to escape from mainland China (in under 24 hrs  :D  )

Lemmings think Jack Bauer's behind them.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Feeney » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:56 pm

SEASON 6 TRAILER AVAILABLE

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:43 pm

Fook me I've just watched the trailer for the new season of 24 and I have to admit I CREAMED myself. :D  I want January NOW. Forget this stupid Christmas malarkey 24 is MORE important than some fat bastard squezzing his big @RSE down the chimney.

JACK BAUER - HARDER THAN FUCKING NAILS!!  :bowdown  :buttrock
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:34 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:Fook me I've just watched the trailer for the new season of 24 and I have to admit I CREAMED myself.   I want January NOW. Forget this stupid Christmas malarkey 24 is MORE important than some fat bastard squezzing his big @RSE down the chimney.

JACK BAUER - HARDER THAN FUCKING NAILS!!  :bowdown  :buttrock

I'm a little bit dissapointed by the trailer tho (i'm sure my dissapointments will be dispelled come Jan tho).

I wanted Jack to return in a blaze of guns, explosions, daring exploits and last gasp escapes - not in the back of a plane!  :suspect: Poor old Jack tho, he really does get the sh!tty end of the stick, every time!

I'm sure it will all unfold come Jan tho, can't wait!  :grinning:  :grinning:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:41 pm

FUCKING HOLD EVERYTHING UNTIL I'VE SEEN THIS.  JUST TOP OF THE LEAGUE ON THE PSP FOOTY MANAGER, IT CAN WAIT!!!

:Oo:  :Oo:  :Oo:  :Oo:  :Oo:
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:58 pm

Is that who I think it is in the White House? :blues:

I cannot wait until January.  I wish I didn't have to wait a week for it though.  How lucky was I?  Four seasons of 24 had already been broadcast when I got into it so I used to find myself taking days off work just to sit at home and bladder this amazing programme, but at the same time kicking myself (figuratively, not literally) for not watching it all those years previously.

Think I got the better end of the deal because there is NOTHING like sitting down for a 24 marathon.

Speaking of which, I've got episodes 9, 10, 11 and 12 of Season Six of The Sopranos on my iPod video to watch this weekend.  Fantastic stuff but it doesn't top the league in the way 24 does.

Then The Shield season 3 all the way for me.  After that Prison Break, which I've never seen a single episode of.  After that The West Wing, which I've never seen a single episode of. 

I've got a lot of TV to watch over the next year.  :buttrock
jonnymac1979

Postby Feeney » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:08 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:Is that who I think it is in the White House? :blues:

It is JMac, n did you see which previous Homeland personnel was in his staff...?  ???  Have to admit, i'm surprised by the President, I thought Heller was a banker!

I've got the series of Sleeper Cell to watch in the meantime to tide me over - although, I don't think i've got as much time on my hands to watch all the series you plan on Jon!  :laugh:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:36 am

Hey Jonny & Feeney don't know if you've seen anything of it but in my search for a filler 'til 24 returns I've been watching a new show on Bravo called The Unit. It's about a special forces unit in the U.S Army that goes into situations the normal authorities can't to get the job done. It features a certain Dennis Haysbert (good ol' President Palmer) doing the Jack Bauer thing. It ain't bad but it's no 24.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:30 am

RUSHIE#9 wrote:Hey Jonny & Feeney don't know if you've seen anything of it but in my search for a filler 'til 24 returns I've been watching a new show on Bravo called The Unit. It's about a special forces unit in the U.S Army that goes into situations the normal authorities can't to get the job done. It features a certain Dennis Haysbert (good ol' President Palmer) doing the Jack Bauer thing. It ain't bad but it's no 24.

Cheers Rushie - I saw the trailers - I was put off tho from a fellow 24 nut who watched it - he said it was very 24-lite-lite-lite n a bit low-budget.

In a nutshell, classification wise - is it like Godzilla (which I class as 'watchable sh!te), or like Hellboy (certainly watchable)?  ???  :laugh:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:14 am

I just find this show really hard to watch on a weekly basis, after having series, 1,2,3,4 and half of 5 to watch consecutively. So what Ill do is watch it in 2 halves.  :nod

Well I can try anyway  :lookaround
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:25 pm

Feeney wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:Hey Jonny & Feeney don't know if you've seen anything of it but in my search for a filler 'til 24 returns I've been watching a new show on Bravo called The Unit. It's about a special forces unit in the U.S Army that goes into situations the normal authorities can't to get the job done. It features a certain Dennis Haysbert (good ol' President Palmer) doing the Jack Bauer thing. It ain't bad but it's no 24.

Cheers Rushie - I saw the trailers - I was put off tho from a fellow 24 nut who watched it - he said it was very 24-lite-lite-lite n a bit low-budget.

In a nutshell, classification wise - is it like Godzilla (which I class as 'watchable sh!te), or like Hellboy (certainly watchable)?  ???  :laugh:

The worst thing you can do is compare it to 24 'cos it is totally different. It certainly doesn't crank up the tension like 24 as the episodes are split between seeing what the men of the unit are doing and how their wives live with having their other halves away doing a dangerous job.

I'd say it's watch able shite but if I didn't have SKY+ and it clashed with something else I wouldn't be watching it.
Don't now if this makes sense or helps but I'd say give it a whirl.   :lookaround
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum