Spanish primera división 06/07 - All your questions here

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:53 pm

Recreativo won 2-1 last night with Sinama scoring the 1st goal!!

great stuff!
puroresu

Postby red37 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:04 am

barcelona have some serious problems:

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....r+Barca

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....Saviola

eto' as well...

could this be the start of a slide for them.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby the great one » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:32 am

Barca may have alot of injury problems but with the way they are protected in Spain I can't see them dropping many points
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:45 am

Hows Aimar doing since his move Sabre. He was always a favourite of mine, but hes never quite been as good as I expected unfortunately. I used to watch him when he played in Argentina and he looked as if he would be world class one day. Maybe his size has proved too much of a handicap? I was thrilled when there were rumours he might come to Anfield ,but logically his size would have been even more of a problem over here.
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:01 am

Since my other team is in the bottom I'm not watching many match of the days programmes :( it's depressing. But for what I've read and seen, he's not impressing. I agree he's a very good player though. In Anoeta this year, he didn't impress me with to be honest, but a game is a game.

Here you have a Sid Lowe's article about my team. Except for the last paragraph which is not accurate but bóllocks from madrid, he explains quite well how's my continental team. Believe it or not, I still think we can save our asses and that we're not that shíte provided the new coach sit down some elements that are bad for the team.

*sigh*

Article.

From The Guardian, 30/10/2006

BROKEN SOCIEDAD SCENE

Anchored to the bottom of La Liga with just two points, la Real have installed a new manager who owes them several favours.

By SID LOWE
October 30, 2006 11:45 AM

Tucked away in the narrow streets of San Sebastian's old town is a bar with a sign taped to the door. Not the sign that's taped to every door in every bar in Spain - the one that handily gets round the smoking ban by cheerfully declaring: "Yes! You can smoke here (but it's really not that good for you)" - but one that that sadly announces the decline of the city's football team.

There's no Patxaran or pinchos here, no tasty tucker nailed on to a piece of bread with a strategically-placed and potentially lethal cocktail stick, because El Bar Antiguo is closed until further notice. And, let's face it, is likely to be closed for some time. The reason is simple: the sign on the door reads: "This establishment will remain shut until la Real [Sociedad] win two consecutive games," and that's a pretty big ask. In fact, forget two successive games, winning one is a pretty bloody big ask right now. Because right now Real Sociedad are rubbish.

La Real have not won two successive games for over a year; they have not even won two successive halves all season. Back in August, when blind optimism still hadn't given way to bitter truth, coach and sporting director José María Bakero insisted that the aim was a European place and the Copa del Rey. Two months later, they have been stuffed 4-1 by Second Division Málaga in the Cup, gunned down by fighter-jet flying former Bolton striker Salva Ballesta, and have suffered the joint worst start in the club's league history. Bottom of the table with just two points, they are the only side to have failed to pick up a single victory in eight matches. Small wonder Bakero is now the ex-coach and ex-sporting director - the first managerial casualty of the season; a man who, as one local columnist put it, "signed badly and coached worse".

It's hard to believe that this is the same club that finished second in 2002-03; the same club that really should have won the title that season only to be pipped on the line by Ronaldo's Real Madrid.

Or is it? After all, the last time la Real started a season this badly was under metaphor-mangling manager John Benjamin Toshack just six years ago, at the beginning of the 2000-01 season, and relegation battles are nothing new in San Sebastián. While la Real were runners up in 2002-03, they had finished 13th in each of the previous three seasons and ended up 15th, 14th and 16th in each of the three seasons since. The surprise was that la Real got so close in 2002-03, not that they have struggled since; that season was a freak in which everything clicked perfectly under a coach who would be gone within a year. In which la Real massively over-achieved, when Sander Westerveld had the safest hands in Spanish soccer with his penalty-saving antics, when Xabi Alonso was the country's best young central midfielder, when Valeri Karpin and Javier De Pedro provided cross after cross from the wings and when Nihat Kahveci and Darko Kovacevic both scored over 20 league goals.

Since then, Alonso has gone, Westerveld has gone, De Pedro has gone (in so many ways), Karpin has retired, Nihat has suffered a string of injuries and been hawked around half of Europe before finally being moved on this summer, and Kovacevic has failed to get into double figures. La Real are over €30m in debt, have a stadium with a running track that creates little atmosphere, there are cliques within the squad and no stability at the club with president Miguel Fuentes getting through three coaches last season alone. But sometimes for all the analysis, there's no escaping the bottom line: la Real are struggling because they are just not that good. They should have the squad to survive but they are a fairly average team that commits too many stupid mistakes defensively, the lack of discipline is startling with pointless red cards all over the place (five already this year) and there are few players who can really make a difference.

Last season, Bakero came in and took la Real to safety in the final nine games when they had been a shoe-in for relegation. But the man who really rescued them - and almost single-handedly, too - was Liverpool's Mark González. He scored four in those final nine matches and was man-of-the-match five times. Over the course of the season, la Real's four top scorers were Xabi Prieto, Nihat, González and the Danish striker Morten Skoubo, while the same four provided 14 of the side's 22 assists. Now, González and Nihat have gone while Skoubo has played just 50 minutes through injury and Prieto, too, has struggled for fitness.

That's why, like a bloke up a ladder at the start of Casualty, la Real were an accident waiting to happen. No wonder they're bottom. No wonder the players believe that sacking Bakero was not the solution. No wonder 75% of fans agree. But no wonder that was the solution the club opted for anyway, Fuentes bemoaning the "dictatorship of results" and replacing Bakero with deadpan Miguel Angel Lotina, the former Osasuna, Celta and Espanyol coach.

Lotina was in line for the Spain job before the Federation decided that they wanted to stick with their cuddly simian nut-job and Athletic Bilbao, lingering just two points above the relegation zone, were also keeping an eye on him, but Lotina was the man the la Real fans wanted, even if some from within the club preferred former Real Oviedo coach Juanma Lillo. Besides, destiny intervened.

After all, la Real and Lotina go back a long way; he lost his job at Celta after a defeat against la Real, having previously been in charge of the Celta side that had finally cost them the 2002-03 title, but there have been moments of harmony too. Big ones. On the final day of the 2000-01 season, Lotina's Osasuna were rescued by a bastardly Basque favour from la Real who, with their fans cheering every Osasuna attack, let themselves lose at Anoeta to send Real Oviedo down instead. And last season la Real rescued Lotina again, losing 1-0 to his Espanyol team in the final minute of the final day. Now, it's la Real in need and Lotina has to return the favour. And, while he may have lost his opening game 1-0, if he can keep Real Sociedad up even El Bar Antiguo will open its doors in grateful celebration.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:02 pm

And I thought Liverpool had problems! :D

Sorry to hear that mate. Keep your chin up, things can only get better.
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:25 pm

Well at least the debt thingy has improved quite a bit. It's about 20 now, and we're going to receive at least 5 because the justice gave the reason to us when the archenemy Bilbao took one of our youngster without paying. If we win the final case, we'll receive 30, making Bilbao dissapear in the process.

Can you imagine that? Everton dissappearing because they owe you 30 M quid ? :laugh:

The cliques thingy isn't right neither. Sid Lowe is well informed, but informed from the Madrid press. The red cards are ridiculous but because of the refs we've had, and it's true that we make too man defensive mistakes.

You know when I see that kind of defensive mistakes, then reach at home, and start watching Liverpool, how we press, how we defend, and then I have to read here that LFC is rubbish, I despair, I really do. You have not a clue of what being rubbish is about :laugh:

The chin up? Of course, I'm not a bandwagon supporter, and I'll go to the stadium even if we're relegated. Just as I'll always be a red aswell, no matter if we win the title, or not.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:49 am

So then Sevilla top of the league, can't say I'm surprised they are a mighty impressive team. They beat Valencia 3-0 last night and they are playing great football, contunuing on from their UEFA cup win last season.

I hadn't seen that much of them before the UEFA cup final last seaosn and I was very very impressed, they proved how much better technically the Spanish league is to England (maybe with the exception of Arsenal and to a lesser extent Chelsea, Man U and ourselves).

What's your take on it Sabre, do you think they can keep up this form and challenge for the title?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:34 pm

side note- anyone know why SKYSPORTSXtra is now subscription only  ???

i missed all the LA LIGA last night because of the robbing tw@ts  :angry: 

im pleased as punch for Sevilla, they ALLEGEDLY are playing excellent football. (of course none of us get to see them, due to politics in the TV world - both in spain and now at home because of SKY!!) f**kers! how dare they ask for more money on top!!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby puroresu » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:21 pm

Sinama scored again.  His doing the business.
puroresu

Postby puroresu » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:37 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_w6xLORJEo

Sinama's goal
puroresu

Postby Sabre » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:57 pm

Rumour had it that there were several teams involved in doping, but the paper "Le Monde" which is serious, now brings a disturbing article. I found this explanation in english

The Monde had access to a series of confidential documents, which are not name specific: the plans of preparation of both clubs drafted by the hand of the doctor Fuentes on a simple paper A4. So, the program of the season 2005-2006 of "Barça" is realized to answer the main objective of the club (the League of the champions, gained in May by the Catalans) and when due international of players the World cup). Oblique arrows upward or downward indicate periods of intense competition or physical tests.

According to these meetings and to the calendar of the Spanish championship So gained by FC Barcelona the last season? "IG" corresponding to periods of preparation or recovery is noted on the program of the handwritten signs (a circle. These coded registrations(inscriptions) are the same that those listed on the plans of preparation established by the doctor Fuentes for the runners of the cycle team Liberty Seguros, that the Spanish police, the Guardia Civil, seized in May within the framework of " the operation Puerto ".

In their report of inquiry, the policemen find that these signs hide products drugs: a circle indicates the administration of anabolic steroids and "IG" corresponds to the IGF-1 (Insulin Growth Factor), an undetectable precursor of the growth hormone.

In the programs of the teams of football, the other signs appear, but exceptionally, these shots being intended for the whole team: the "e" surrounded, which corresponds to the extraction or to the réinjection of already taken blood, and the point in a circle, identifying the administration of érythropoïétine ( EPO). According to our information, the players also benefited from a personalized follow-up which could justify a medical intervention in case of wound or of tiring.

Guardia Civil did not seize the documents Le Monde of which had knowledge and which, besides FC Barcelona and Real Madrid, also concern FC Valencia and Betis Séville. The agents allocated to the "operation Puerto" searched only the apartments from Madrid of the doctor Fuentes. They did not make to the Canarian Islands, main place of residence of the doctor, to inspect his other offices there. So, when they called to the doctor, on May 23rd, they turned out, it seems, that a small part of its "customer cards".

Officially, Eufemiano Fuentes does not appear in the medical staff of FC Barcelona and Real Madrid. No written contract was crossed between clubs and doctor. This one passed on the instructions for the medical treatments via the doctor of team and received the visit of certain players. The ex-racing cyclist Jesus Manzano, whose revelations in 2004 put Guardia Civil on the track(runway) of the doctor Fuentes, confirms in Le Monde having crossed in one of the offices of this last one " a player of Madrid ", whose identity he does not want to reveal.

Twice, FC Barcelona tried, besides, to engage Eufemiano Fuentes. The first time, in 1996, after the doctor had taken charge of the club of Elche, in 2E Division, during the season 1995-1996. Eufemiano Fuentes then preferred to make a commitment full-time with the professional cycle team Kelme. The second proposition of Barça, relieved by the Spanish press, goes back up to the end of 2002. The doctor had called upon the family reasons to refuse the offer.

Several affairs has already connected the world of the football to the doping. So, the lawsuit of Juventus Turin put in evidence that between 1994 and 1998, the doctor of the club had practised the transfusions and administered of the EPO. The doctor, Riccardo Agricola, condemned in first authority for " sports fraud and administration of EPO ", had been relaxed in appeal, on December 14th, 2005.

Besides, in 2003, in a blunder remained famous, Johnny Hallyday had insured in front of the cameras of Canal + that Zinédine Zidane went twice a year to a private hospital in Switzerland to be oxygenated its blood.

During the World, where 228 control antidoping showed themselves negative, FIFA, ruling authority of the world football, practised no blood control.

???

Eufemiano FUentes is being prosecuted involving doping with cyclists. Many cyclist were left out the tour de france because of this. Rumour had it that he also "treated" footballers, and although Marca is trying to not to say a word about it, this matter is just starting to explode.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MaccaLFC » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:29 pm

My team Celta aren't doing badly. Seem to beat the big teams then underperform against the so called lesser teams. I reckon they'll finish between 7th & 10th, which will be a very nice season. Beat Fenerbahce in Uefa Cup too when they needed to, still in that.:)
Der der der der der der der derrr!
MaccaLFC

Postby red37 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:55 am

Sevilla going strong....2:1 win home to RM.  Navas returned to the side and played well. I really fancy them this year to push Barca all the way. A strong side that will definately enjoy CL football next year. Keep an eye on them.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Barca Murph » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:49 am

the great one wrote:Barca may have alot of injury problems but with the way they are protected in Spain I can't see them dropping many points

Protected?  ???
Barca Murph

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion