Spanish primera división 06/07 - All your questions here

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue May 29, 2007 6:38 pm

puroresu wrote:
s@int wrote:One thing I find strange about the Spanish league is they dont use goal difference but who has the best record against each other. Barca would be well clear on goal diff.

I thinks thats BS.  A Head to head on a season of 38 games doesnt make sense to me.  Defeats the objective in trying to score more goals than everyone else

I think that it's not a bad idea as it encourages the teams who are challenging for the title to come out and try and beat each other. With goal difference a team can win the title just because they maybe had a better day against one of the lower sides in the league.
Having said that though, being a barca follower I'd be happier if the league was on goal difference as they are about +20 goals over madrid.

Barca Murph wrote:The derby against Espanyol is gonna be pretty tough without Ronnie or Eto'o    Reial have one hand on the trophy

I did read on a barca forum the other day that one of the spanish newspapers (El Mundo Deportivo - possibly) had reported that eto'o hadn't received the yellow and it was actually Deco so he would be available for the Espanyol game.

Exciting end to the season though and should Zaragoza pull of some kind of result then I can't see Real winning the league but I wouldn't like to say who out of Barca and Sevilla would win. I'm hoping it'll be Barca though.  :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue May 29, 2007 6:41 pm

Barca Murph wrote:
puroresu wrote:
s@int wrote:One thing I find strange about the Spanish league is they dont use goal difference but who has the best record against each other. Barca would be well clear on goal diff.

I thinks thats BS.  A Head to head on a season of 38 games doesnt make sense to me.  Defeats the objective in trying to score more goals than everyone else

Exactly, Barca have scored more AND have a better GD. Yet if madrid don't drop points in the next 2 games, the title will be decided by just 1 game (madrids 2-0 win over Barca). How is that a fair way to do it :(

Not that i'm biased or anything.

No of course not. But back in the eighties there were some strange results in the latter stages of the liga. The likes of Hercules 0 - 7 Real Madrid, or Elche 0 - 9 Real Madrid.

Which is something to suspect about, if you ask me.

So to prevent that kind of thing, looking at the direct match between the teams involved might be more impartial. Perhaps not fair, but more impartial. I'm personally neutral about this.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:08 pm

Already excited about next weekend...there are going to be plenty of really  interesting matches, both for the title race and the relegation...of course I will be supporting the two "Real" (Madrid and Sociedad), the first obviously for me, and the second one for our appreciated mate Sabre. Real Madrid is going to have an extremely tough match in Zaragoza and, to tell the truth, I think Barça and Sevilla are going to win their matches without any big problems (no matter what the Madrid press is trying to say about a possible title for Real this very weekend...in my opinion thats isn't going to happen).

Good fotballing Sat ahead anyway...let's enjoy it!
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby Sabre » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:13 pm

Huck wrote:Already excited about next weekend...there are going to be plenty of really  interesting matches, both for the title race and the relegation...of course I will be supporting the two "Real" (Madrid and Sociedad), the first obviously for me, and the second one for our appreciated mate Sabre. Real Madrid is going to have an extremely tough match in Zaragoza and, to tell the truth, I think Barça and Sevilla are going to win their matches without any big problems (no matter what the Madrid press is trying to say about a possible title for Real this very weekend...in my opinion thats isn't going to happen).

Good fotballing Sat ahead anyway...let's enjoy it!

Our appreciated Sabre?  :laugh: not by many, any more.

TO be honest Huck, I expect a win of Real Sociedad, but I also expect Osasuna loses against Betis. After talking about their professionality, Juanlu doesn't want to play against Betis, and Ciganda is gonna play with not regulars.

I don't expect anything but a win of Betis. And I don't expect anything of Levante in the last week in Bilbao, so, I know I will have to support my team in Segunda Division (with the head up and pride) next year.

Madrid has a tough match in Zaragoza... very tough.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:58 pm

Half time in the games tonight.

Mallorca 0 - 0 Sevilla
Zaragoza 1 - 0 Real Madrid
Barcelona 1 - 1 Espanyol

fu.ckin hell messi really is maradona isn't he?

scored with the arl hand of god :D

THE TABLE AS IT STANDS:
Barca 73 points
Real Madrid 72 points
Sevilla 71 points
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:00 pm

Messi just scored with the 'hand of god' like Maradonna did.  Thats 2 replica goals now.  Classic!!!
puroresu

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:24 pm

Barca lead 2-1

Madrid equalised but Diego Milito has just put Zaragoza back infront.

So it's now:

1. Barca - 75 pts
2. Madrid - 72 pts
3. Sevilla - 71 pts
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:30 pm

:D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:42 pm

Disgraceful :D
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:52 pm

HOLY SH.IT

Real madrid equalise in the 89th minute against Zaragoza

Then Espanyol equalize in injury time against Barca

:o  :o  :o
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:56 pm

Nothing beats La Liga.  Pure quality.
puroresu

Postby destro » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:57 pm

How do things stand now then ? ???
destro

Postby weringo » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:57 pm

Probably the best title race I've ever seen.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby dward » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:58 pm

WOW WOW WOW!!!
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:58 pm

destro wrote:How do things stand now then ? ???

1. Madrid 73
2. Barca 73
3. Seville 71

It's all going down to the final day.
weringo
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion