13 Deportivo 44
14 Osasuna 37
15 Betis 36
16 Levante 36
17 Athletic 34
18 R. Sociedad 30
19 Celta 30
20 Nástic 24

It can happen literally anything in the top and the bottom. Real Sociedad - Celta next week. Whoever wins, they'll have serious chances to maintain category. Good thing for Real Sociedad is that most of our points have been achieved recently and we have a slightly easier games than others.

You cannot get a tighter league than this!  :D

I'm off to drink some patxaran and beer, to give heat to the heart, then off to Anoeta.

Bilbao lost yesterday and Betis drew against Nastic, so if RS wins, we'll be 1 point away of salvation.

5 victories 2 draws and 2 loses have allowed to come back from 12 points away, and today it's a decissive game against Celta. Probably nuñez won't play, he hasn't been good enough as of late, but Celta has some quality with Baiano, Gustavo Lopez Oubiña, Pablo Garcia and Nene.  Their defense though, is vulnerable.

Hope to be the Spanish West Ham with this come back.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun May 20, 2007 4:13 pm

Sabre im off to madrid soon a good friend of mine lives there and they all have memberships for real madrid 7 rows from the front, hopefully when i go they will be at home or if not we will go and watch getafe as her brother is the advertising director there, the question is how  far is getafe from madrid?
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun May 20, 2007 6:15 pm

dont care what anyone says, beckham can still play football, and is still one of the best crosses in the world... gonna be wasted in usa next season
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mayday » Sun May 20, 2007 6:24 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Sabre im off to madrid soon a good friend of mine lives there and they all have memberships for real madrid 7 rows from the front, hopefully when i go they will be at home or if not we will go and watch getafe as her brother is the advertising director there, the question is how  far is getafe from madrid?

13 km from Madrid (South).
Mayday

Postby Dundalk » Sun May 20, 2007 7:57 pm

What a finish that just was in the Madrid game?

Great game of football looking forward to the Barca game now
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun May 20, 2007 8:34 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Sabre im off to madrid soon a good friend of mine lives there and they all have memberships for real madrid 7 rows from the front, hopefully when i go they will be at home or if not we will go and watch getafe as her brother is the advertising director there, the question is how  far is getafe from madrid?

13 Km south, but make sure that you drive the car there with someone that knows well the road, because the surrounding road belts of Madrid are tricky.

Getafe is a nice town to eat cheap and drink cheap. And their tickets are not expensive to see some primera football. I was there a couple of weeks ago.

You have to take the M40 surrounding road and get out of the belt in the Cordoba road in order to go to the southern towns of Getafe and Leganes. Look google maps before you entry that mess with the car, or you'll get lost.

Real Sociedad 3 - 1 Celta de Vigo, and I'm very very happy. Although it was hard to see the Celta crowd crying (almost relegated) since we have good relationship with them. It was touching to see their player Oubiña going to the goal where I am, and Hugging his mother, the poor player was destroyed. But that's football, it was them or us.  :(
Last edited by Sabre on Sun May 20, 2007 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun May 20, 2007 9:18 pm

Barca are stuffing A. Madrid its 4-0 now and there is still 30 mins left
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun May 20, 2007 9:22 pm

Thanks for the info but no way will i be driving they will be doing all the driving but really looking forward to it . Do you remember a player called michele sabre he used to play for madrid he is now in charge of there b team good player he was well ill be meeting up with him as they are same family. Ill also be seeing another player alfonso and his brother ivan we have spent a couple of holidays with them in the past nice people. Got me a ball signed a few years ago when he played for madrid with butraganio , zamarano, lasa, michele and loads of other top players signitures on it so since then i have a bit of a soft spot for real. but they were a great team then
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun May 20, 2007 9:32 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Thanks for the info but no way will i be driving they will be doing all the driving but really looking forward to it . Do you remember a player called michele sabre he used to play for madrid he is now in charge of there b team good player he was well ill be meeting up with him as they are same family. Ill also be seeing another player alfonso and his brother ivan we have spent a couple of holidays with them in the past nice people. Got me a ball signed a few years ago when he played for madrid with butraganio , zamarano, lasa, michele and loads of other top players signitures on it so since then i have a bit of a soft spot for real. but they were a great team then

Yes, I remember Michel.

All time famous image in a corner with Valderrama.

Source of the old San Sebastian shout : "Michel, Valderrama, juntos a la cama". (Michel, Valderrama, together to the bed)

He was an archenemy of my team and even touched his bálls against us when he scored in my old ground. I insulted him big time. Probably one of the most insulted players.

That said, I respect him as a footballer, and his prose as a TV commentator is good. If you want to get on with him, here there are some facts so that you can tell him:

Number eight was his numer, he was not fast, but he didn't need it because he was the best Spanish crosser of the time, absolutelly marvelous inner curve to his crosses, the ones that are easier to put a header in. His ball control and technique were impressive, he had a decent left foot. Very good long shot. And good at set pieces.

Michel was a player that didn't need to dribble to put an excellent cross, he's one of the few players of the nineties that were international class in Spain.

Excellent player, and that comes from an archenemy fan.

Now he's a coach. He wasn't lucky as a coach with Rayo Vallecano, and now he's coaching Real Madrid B. His duty is tough because segunda is a proffesiional league in which there are tough-experienced player and some classic teams wanting to go back to primera.

So it's a tough league for "B" teams, even if Real Madrid young players are quite good. TO be honest I haven't followed much the segunda this season, so I couldn't tell how's Michel as a coach.

Well, I've told you some things you can tell him (and some things you shouldn't unless you want to píss him off)  :laugh:

P.S.The other players you've mentioned were the creme of the cremme in the nineties.

Ivan Zamorano de chilean, Lasa was a cráppy wing back RS sold them, Emilio Butragueño was the best striker of Spain at the time, and Alfonso was a decent-good option a few years back.

Butragueño was the top scorer when Aldridge went to Spain. He was some sort of a fan of Aldo, and even said after the game against R.Sociedad that "it was an honour" to play against Aldo. He was of the archenemy team, but Emilio was a gent in the pitch, and he's one of my most respected players, even playing for Real Madrid.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun May 20, 2007 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun May 20, 2007 11:55 pm

Well barca really came out tonight

They showed want real champions are all about they came out fighting
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon May 21, 2007 9:41 am

You read it here first. If you want to put some money in the Spanish league I guarentee the Osasuna - Real Sociedad game will be either a draw, or a RS victory.

Osasuna is almost safe and only needs a draw to be saved. And erm, for some reason, I know they won't look for victory.

:devil:
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon May 21, 2007 10:40 am

What a performance from Barcelona, they ripped athletico apart and away from home.
The forward players Messi, Eto'o and Ronladinho looked different class tonight and on that form unplayable.

Anyone who says Eto'o is selfish, watch this game, 1 goal and 4 assists, the assists were from positions that most strikers would of been selfish but he thought of the team first laying on simple finishes for Messi and Iniesta and the pass through for Ronaldinho's goal was worldclass.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon May 21, 2007 11:05 am

No it wasn't. Ronaldinho does that when he's allowed to, against LFC he didn't do that things.

I agree the comment on Eto'o though.

It was actually a quite leveled match after the first goal, then Atletico Madrid lost it, they went nuts, and their defence was a joke. Their keeper? I wouldn't blame the keeper.

Anyway, Barcelona is my favourite to win the league
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon May 21, 2007 12:36 pm

Sociedad to stay up on the last day.

Real Madrid to win the league.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon May 21, 2007 12:43 pm

The 1st touch from Messi on his 1st goal was awesome.  Wasnt easy at all and he just killed that pass from eto.  Dinho's goal was excellent as well.  Great win considering they knew Seville, Valencia and Madrid won. La Liga is no doubt the strongest league in Europe!!!  A great win for Seville considering they were 1 down and had a tough game in midweek.

I think Barca will win the title as they have 2 home games.  I think Real will slip up.  They are living dangerously and they cant keep scoring late.  Good to see Robinho on form though.  The Kid is class!!
puroresu

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion