Spanish primera división 06/07 - All your questions here

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:56 pm

Fantastic win for your boys last night Sabre. Is the great escape still possible? 

Well 40 years in a row in Primera, so we know a bit of avoiding relegation. It was an away win, and a victory over Getafe could make the impossible become possible.

I for one haven't given up.

Madrid? the most hilarious thing is to hear them complaining about the refs, hah. Do you know how many penalties against them have been conceded in the Bernabeu? I don't know for a fact, bur not more than 5 in 20 years.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:14 pm

In my opinion, all this refs stuff with Madrid last Sat is being exagerated, I agree with what Sabre said and nobody can say that Madrid haven't taken profit from refs decission throughout history but...when it comes to a single match, we have to focus on it, just that...and to tell the truth, Real Madrid was clearly spoilt last match. All that conspiracy theory is nonsense, of course, but the rest of teams can't be always justifying everything because Madrid was the "regime team"...that's past and nowadays Madrid is treated just in the same way refs treat every big club...not fair, yes, but it's reality.

Apart from that, Barça is going to win the title I'm afraid and Real Sociedad is gonna stay in Primera for sure...trust me Sabre ;)
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:43 pm

You're right Huck. The ref damaged your side. Now imagine that feeling not in one match but 12 a season, and that's more like supporting Real Sociedad  :D

Turienzo Alvarez is a joke. The Spanish refs are a joke. Haven't seen a decent one since Lopez Nieto.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:08 pm

What do you think about the Cup?? In my opinion, and once accepted my team's defeat (expected though), this year we are going to see an exciting final match...I have enjoyed as a child every single clash between Barça and Sevilla this season and that in a Cup final could be thrilling. All happened in the semis points at that final match and i think that Sevilla is already there and just a miracle could let Barça out. It seems we are gonna see a beautiful match.
Huck

Postby Sabre » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:59 pm

I think the King's Cup should have more importance than it has right now.

Back then when RS won it for the second time in 1987, it was more important than it is now.

In one of the threads of this forum, it's been discussed the possibility of the Cup's winnger going to the Champions League. I think that would make a lot of sense and that would help a lot the King's Cup.

It would make sense because winning the King's cup is more important than being fourth.

It would help, because let's be honest, until quarter of finals teams play lessened squads, and the stadiums are not crowded. Awarding the King's Cup with the Champions League would return the unique cup competition in Spain the importance it should have.

And yes, this season's final seems promising.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:53 pm

Agree with that mate, it's a bit unfair the fact that the champion doesn't go to Champions League (much more deserved than being fourth on the regular league for sure) as well as the fact that teams involved in European competitions start the Cup later than smaller teams...the true spirit of these competitions parallel to the league is that every single team has to beat the rest, no matter which division they are in...divisions are things created by La Liga...this is another completely different thing and this way should be treated.
Huck

Postby Barca Murph » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:08 pm

Very much looking forward to what should be a Barca v Sevilla final. Will be a good chance to get some revenge over them for 2 beatings this season.

Barca haven't won the cup since 1998, so thats even more reason to go for the win.
Barca Murph

Postby Sabre » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:27 pm

I've only missed two games of my local club Real Sociedad since 1986. Today I lost the first half, because I was talking with the old man of the bar, and he told me it was at 8!! didn't check, reached late, and had to bear with the jokes of my friends, I deserved it.

2-0 Against Atletico Madrid. Torres? Walking, as always. Lazy bástard. Atletico Madrid expected an easy game, they didn't find it, lost the nerves, got two men sent off, and made me happy.

Liverpool wins, La Real wins, and now dinner and fiesta. Isn't life marvelous? we were 12 points away of salvation, now 3 points away!  :buttrock
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:30 pm

Barca losing, Sevilla and Real Madrid winning.

Makes the top of the table very interesting.

Team             P W  D  L   F   A     W D L F  A    GD      PTS
1 Barcelona     31 12 3 0   36 9      5  5 6 24 20  31     59
2 Sevilla         31 12 2 1    33 9     5  5 6 19 18  25     58
3 Real Madrid   31 8 4 3    19 11     9  2 5 25 17  16     57
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:34 pm

I wanted Barcelona to win, because they're bringing their armies in 2 weeks or so to San Sebastian.

1  Barcelona   59
2  Sevilla   58
3  Real Madrid   57
4  Zaragoza   53
5  Valencia   53
6  Atlético   50
7  Recreativo   49
8  Racing   47
9  Getafe   43
10  Espanyol   42
11  Deportivo   42
12  Villarreal   41
13  Mallorca   39
14  Osasuna   36
15  Betis   34
16  Athletic   32
17  Celta   30
18  Levante   30
19  R. Sociedad   27
20  Gimnàstic   24

It's all hot, up and down.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:35 pm

Off to Getafe this weekend to support the local club, will come back on monday.

How is it voyaying to an away stadium in Spain?  I did it more when I was younger, now the missus, and work don't allow me so much to do it, she has enough with the Real Sociedad, Real Sociedad B, and Liverpool games to tell her that I'll go away the weekend :)

Getafe is a friendly stadium for Real Sociedad supporters. Working class town in the outskirts of Madrid. Almost as big as San Sebastian that is a capital of a province, one of those big towns that grow in the outskirts of big cities.

Since we'll go to Madrid the province, we'll have to be careful, as the nazi fans of Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid (7% of them, but very dangerous) send groups of 8-9 fascists, to hunt Real Sociedad fans that are alone or with the missus.

So me and my mate will keep a low profile until we pack together with the more that 1000 supporters we're voyaying. Once together we can kick the :censored:' asses.

It's a pity that being the 90% of fans of any team peaceful, the game aways are so determined by the political idiots, but it's like that. Real Madrid violent fans seeks us because they are nazi ultra right winged twáts. The local political twáts of my team, are ultra left winged, some of them ETA supporters, but at least they have the decency of not hitting or hunting the odd fan of other teams as the nazis do. Anyhow I look forward the day Spanish football is only determined by football fans, not political twáts with an agenda, no matter the sign of this agenda.

Once we're together they won't bother us and we'll mix with the peaceful Getafe fans. Working class people. Good people. Will go to a bar that awards the good drinker. When you reach 5 beers, they give you something to eat, so we'll have a good dinner in that bar. :D

As for the football, we're a loyal bunch, and I think that's the secret why a humble team of a small town has won 2 leagues, 2 cups, and hasn't been relegated in 40 years.

I'll carry a LFC scarf or something. This is typical here, to show respect for the teams you admire, that's why you'll see LFC mottos often in Spanish crowds.

The other team of my heart, Liverpool FC, fights nowadays for greater glories, winning the premiership, winning the Champions League. Being a fan of a supporter of a team that is struggling is not as hard as you might think, though. you're happy to avoid relegation, and taking 2 or 3 new youngster to the first team might perfectly be the success of the season. :)

I'll keep my head safe, enjoy this weekend without my modship!! haha

Aupa la Real, Come on the pool, the two teams of my heart!!!!
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:03 am

Sabre wrote:Off to Getafe this weekend to support the local club, will come back on monday.

How is it voyaying to an away stadium in Spain?  I did it more when I was younger, now the missus, and work don't allow me so much to do it, she has enough with the Real Sociedad, Real Sociedad B, and Liverpool games to tell her that I'll go away the weekend :)

Getafe is a friendly stadium for Real Sociedad supporters. Working class town in the outskirts of Madrid. Almost as big as San Sebastian that is a capital of a province, one of those big towns that grow in the outskirts of big cities.

Since we'll go to Madrid the province, we'll have to be careful, as the nazi fans of Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid (7% of them, but very dangerous) send groups of 8-9 fascists, to hunt Real Sociedad fans that are alone or with the missus.

So me and my mate will keep a low profile until we pack together with the more that 1000 supporters we're voyaying. Once together we can kick the :censored:' asses.

It's a pity that being the 90% of fans of any team peaceful, the game aways are so determined by the political idiots, but it's like that. Real Madrid violent fans seeks us because they are nazi ultra right winged twáts. The local political twáts of my team, are ultra left winged, some of them ETA supporters, but at least they have the decency of not hitting or hunting the odd fan of other teams as the nazis do. Anyhow I look forward the day Spanish football is only determined by football fans, not political twáts with an agenda, no matter the sign of this agenda.

Once we're together they won't bother us and we'll mix with the peaceful Getafe fans. Working class people. Good people. Will go to a bar that awards the good drinker. When you reach 5 beers, they give you something to eat, so we'll have a good dinner in that bar. :D

As for the football, we're a loyal bunch, and I think that's the secret why a humble team of a small town has won 2 leagues, 2 cups, and hasn't been relegated in 40 years.

I'll carry a LFC scarf or something. This is typical here, to show respect for the teams you admire, that's why you'll see LFC mottos often in Spanish crowds.

The other team of my heart, Liverpool FC, fights nowadays for greater glories, winning the premiership, winning the Champions League. Being a fan of a supporter of a team that is struggling is not as hard as you might think, though. you're happy to avoid relegation, and taking 2 or 3 new youngster to the first team might perfectly be the success of the season. :)

I'll keep my head safe, enjoy this weekend without my modship!! haha

Aupa la Real, Come on the pool, the two teams of my heart!!!!

Good luck Sabre, take care of yourself mate.

Hope your boys and the Reds do the business!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:45 am

Manhattan has decided that he wants Real Madrid to win La Liga.

I like Beckham. I want him to leave with one meaningful medal at least.

It'll be something to show Tom Cruise.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:40 am

Me too!! lol Real Madrid is looking more and more solid at this end of La Liga, it's ages since I didn't see this kind of team spirit in my club and I definitely like it. Diarra is growing in the middle and looks very promising for the future years...it has been a void position in Madrid since Makelele left because the chairman then didn't consider him a "galactico" and wasn't able to sell as many T-shirts as Becks for instance...fortunately, that policy seems to ha changed and I'm really glad we don't have galacticos any more.

As for the rest, this final part of the championship is going to be thrilling, we may have another "dutch league" in here.

Sabre...you need 3 points next weekend...more than ever!!!  :cool:
Huck

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:25 pm

Well we lost. I have no voice left, and must rest, but it was great.

The most funny thing of my life: All the pack of supporters together and we found a demonstration of Star wars fans, led by a Darth vader. After some mockery to them :laugh: the empire troopers got a bit nervous but Darth Vader commanded them to keep the line. Apparently they were celebrating the aniversary of Star Wars of something. Too funy :D
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion