Spanish primera división 06/07 - All your questions here

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby dward » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:40 pm

Just watched the highlights of the Barca v Real game. WOW! Amazing game and Messi is just unbelievable.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:17 am

Sabre wrote:In his previous spell in Spain in Barcelona I was too children to remember but I think Messi has a lot to proof during a lot of years to compare him to Maradona.

I agree with that, but the talent is definitely there IMO. He's already world class at 19.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Barca Murph » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:58 am

Had a cracking time at the game. The atmosphere around the stadium was the best i've ever seen. Almost got a flare in my eye though.

Felt cheated by the ref after the game, he did everything he could to stop us winning it   :angry:

Messi is absolutely awesome, has to be the best player on the planet right now.
Barca Murph

Postby Sabre » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:04 pm

Did you hear Cruyff's opinion? what do you think of him?

Cruyff, the first one to use a 3-4-3 in Spain said that using that formation without playing fast enough and well packed enough is a suicide. According to him, there wasn't good football in that 3-3.

I agree at some extent. Meaning that what we could see is a very heartbreaking, and very good attacking football, but both clubs seem a bit vulnerable in the part of the game that it's about not conceding goals.

I respect Cruyff, he sometimes is too critic, but he knows a lot of football, there were times in Barcelona's history last decade in which his voice should have been heard more. I remember that he talked a lot of sense when he entered Guardiola in the first team and the lad was very young, he knew well how to integrate youngsters.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Barca Murph » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:21 pm

Cruyff is a legend and his opinion should certainly be respected. I think the whole problem of the 3-4-3 was that Frank didn't want to drop Xavi, Iniesta or Deco to play a DM, so decided to play with 4 in midfield instead. Last night he reverted back to the 4-3-3 with Xavi, Iniesta and Deco in midfield and we looked much better.

I still think La Liga is ours to lose. Unlike everyone else, we've played the top teams around us and that i think will be the deciding factor.
Barca Murph

Postby Rafa D » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:26 am

I want Seville to win, just because the behaviour of some Barcelona fans made me change my view on there club. Real Madrid's board makes me hate them and the league is out of reach now for Sociedad. :D

They picked up a draw at the weekend though so I still believe they can stay up. Again.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:31 am

It's a pity RS didn't win because it would have been the second in a row. It's going to be bloody difficult, but if anyone can do save in a miracle way, it's RS.

At least we're playing decent football in the last two matches and have found some order in the middle of the park. Savio is a class left  winger even in his thirties.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Barca Murph » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:20 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:I want Seville to win, just because the behaviour of some Barcelona fans made me change my view on there club. Real Madrid's board makes me hate them and the league is out of reach now for Sociedad. :D

They picked up a draw at the weekend though so I still believe they can stay up. Again.

I hope you're not basing that on some idiot internet fans?

I've met a few scouse :censored: in my time, but it wouldn't effect my opinion of the majority.
Barca Murph

Postby Rafa D » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:25 am

Barca Murph wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:I want Seville to win, just because the behaviour of some Barcelona fans made me change my view on there club. Real Madrid's board makes me hate them and the league is out of reach now for Sociedad. :D

I hope you're not basing that on some idiot internet fans?

I've met a few scouse :censored: in my time, but it wouldn't effect my opinion of the majority.

I am guilty of the said crime, sorry but the minority I met trawling the internet for my "Oppo" thread came across as arrogant :censored:, however many of them were English supporting fans.

However I stayed behind at Anfield to sing "Barca" to your fans and they sang back, good footballing moment.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:05 am

I'll talk you about the majority, so that you see the whole picture.

There are some zones in Spain that are the home of traditional teams. Zaragoza, San Sebastian, Bilbao, Sevilla... the rest of Spain is a bunch of bandwagon supporters who only support their team when they're in primera and when they're relegated they divide in two big blocks, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Most of this "fans" are readers of marca, or Sport depending in which team they support, and they have endless banters about how good is Ronaldinho or Raul, but no football depth whatsoever.

Then of course you have a traditional crowd that goes to the stadium and are respectable, Huck the Madrid guy that comes around here is one of those. But believe me, it's hard not to hate them if you're around here, my team has a lot of history (only 5 or 6 clubs have won the liga some time and Real Sociedad is one of them) and now we may be shíte, but we won't flee and support the big teams if we go down.

I have a lot of envy of english fans. Not talking about you when I say this, I'm talking about watching Southampton or Derby Country games and see a lot of people in their stadiums, even in lower categories. That's what you won't see in Spain.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Barca Murph » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:54 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:I am guilty of the said crime, sorry but the minority I met trawling the internet for my "Oppo" thread came across as arrogant :censored:, however many of them were English supporting fans.

However I stayed behind at Anfield to sing "Barca" to your fans and they sang back, good footballing moment.

I have to admit before the draw Liverpool were the team i wanted, and was happy when we got you. No disrespect, but i just saw you as the easiest team (that we could draw) on paper to beat. Thats not to say i expected us just to turn up and win though.

Never read too much into people that talk :censored: on the internet. Most of the fans you saw probably haven't even been to the Camp Nou before, let alone this season.

Sabre, RS have a great tradition in Spain and it will be a shame when you finally go down. The key will be preparing to come back stronger next season and take your place back.
Also i fully believe that once you're a Cule you'll always be a Cule. I stuck with Barca during the dark days and i will enjoy the success we have now. I might not get to as many games as i want too, the madrid game being my 12th in 14 months. But thats not bad considering i have to fly from the UK each time.
Barca Murph

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:03 pm

Sabre, RS have a great tradition in Spain and it will be a shame when you finally go down. The key will be preparing to come back stronger next season and take your place back.
Also i fully believe that once you're a Cule you'll always be a Cule. I stuck with Barca during the dark days and i will enjoy the success we have now. I might not get to as many games as i want too, the madrid game being my 12th in 14 months. But thats not bad considering i have to fly from the UK each time.

But you're a true fan, I can see that. The bandwagon supporters I'm talking of haven't your knowledge nor your sentiments. I've seen swapping teams as described. Houndred of times!
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:44 pm

I agree, know what? I very often feel ashamed of the behaviour of some of those supposed Madrid fans...as I said before, I'm from Toledo and, to tell the truth, I haven't been at Bernabeu many times, but whenever I have gone there I have seen many of those fans you talk about...posers! just that, I'm sure that 35% of Spanish people have a Real Madrid scarf or flag in their closets...and, whenever we win La Liga or Champions League ( snif snif   lol) they take them and go out to celebrate it whereas the may not know who Juanito was (just to cite someone). It's something like "if you don't like football very much, and just see the Madrid-BArça clashes...and maybe the World Cup...you have to pretend to be a Madrid or a Barça fan...it's fashionable and they usually win uh?".... :censored:...
I support Liverpool from long ago (we have to open a topic to explain why we, non English people,  started supporting the reds), and, once I am not born in UK, I had a wide range of teams "to choose"...well, I'm sure I fell for LFC because of that pure football taste you can feel with this club. I love listening to people like Camacho, Del Bosque...even Poli Rincon...and it is because of that...they played and live for football...but football it's not what it seems to be now...actually, I have never bought a Madrid T-shirt, for instance, but I'm sure I´m much more excited when watching my team play than all that bunch of posers are.
And...well...as for the fans when their team is relegated...just to remember that I go on attending Toledo games every single weekend...in Tercera!!...we(fans) should receive an award!! lol...And...just in case this interests  you....the only time Toledo have played versus Madrid...I was supporting Toledo...without any doubt :cool:
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby Barca Murph » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:50 am

Very disappointing 1-0 defeat for Barca away to Saragossa last night. Luckily Valencia followed it up with a 1-0 defeat away to Bilbao. But Sevilla can go top and reial madrid can close the gap tonight.
Barca Murph

Postby Barca Murph » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:06 pm

Fantastic win for your boys last night Sabre. Is the great escape still possible? ???

Oh how i wept for madrid last night :laugh:
Barca Murph

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion