Spanish primera división 06/07 - All your questions here

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:43 pm

Wat Capello has done to Real Madrid is a disgrace. That style of play is not the way Real should play.  His lucky that Bayern are even worse than Real right now and Madrid can beat them.  However Capello has to go at the end of the season.  I used to gladly watch Madrid as win or lose it was entertaining.   Now its just pathetic.

Robinho should of pushed on in his 2nd season in Europe but Capello has held him back due to lack of games.  Now Zidane has gone Robinho was the one flair player but he never plays.  Guti plays far too often and why he plays Guti, Gago (or Diarra) and Emerson I have no idea as its too negative.
puroresu

Postby Sabre » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:47 pm

What Capello is doing is to try to make the transition between a bunch of actors and undisciplined players and  a real football team. No one can expect that all the problems that led Real Madrid to not winning a title in 4 years, are going to be solved in one season. Quite simply, you have to let a man like Capello work. If they bring a soft coach like Del Bosque, who will accept everything the players throw at him, they won't solve the problem.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:55 am

Sabre wrote:What Capello is doing is to try to make the transition between a bunch of actors and undisciplined players and  a real football team. No one can expect that all the problems that led Real Madrid to not winning a title in 4 years, are going to be solved in one season. Quite simply, you have to let a man like Capello work. If they bring a soft coach like Del Bosque, who will accept everything the players throw at him, they won't solve the problem.

Capello will never win a championship playing this way.  The team doesnt score enough goals.  I think the Real fans could put up with a negative style if the team is winning but they are not winning. 

As for Capello trying to make a real football team.  This is the same guy that a few weeks ago layed into Beckham only to then to go back on his word and pick him.  He still plays Raul to often when Raul should not be in the side.

The Gago and Higuain signings are good but they need time to settle.  However you do not need Gago, Emerson and Guti playing in the same side.
puroresu

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:11 pm

Sevilla are an absolute pleasure to watch this season. Alves scored a top class goal last night although he needs to cut down on the diving.

Kanoute I always thought was a good player (and I recall calling for us to sign him years ago) who was misunderstood by the West Ham fans.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Huck » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:38 am

Yes, one always enjoys a match played by Sevilla this season...I used to think they weren't going to be able to keep that pace and the team was going to fall to the middle of the table before mid season but I'm afraid I'll have to eat my words...even when losing is worth watching (remember Zaragoza-Sevilla in January...what a match!)

As for Capello, I don't trust him anymore...when you think he has a plan (a strange one though) he changes everything , gets angry and takes measures like playing youngsters (I liked that team) ....then suddenly he returns to the same team as at the beginning of the season...I used to think he was the right man to redirect this team but now I can just see a man overcome by the circumstances and, moreover, I'm beginning to think he has already surrendered, he knows he won't go on next season, and he won't resign because it seems he wants all his money....top class! :angry:
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby kanoute » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:05 am

Copa del Rey round-up

Barcelona, Deportivo and Getafe are though to the semi-finals of the Copa del Rey, while Sevilla's clash was abandoned.

Sevilla's derby clash with Real Betis had to be abandoned on Wednesday after coach Juande Ramos was taken to hospital.

Trouble erupted after Freddie Kanoute gave the visitors the lead, a goal that sparked a fan to throw an object, believed to be a bottle, at Ramos.

The Sevilla coach briefly lost consciousness, but was awake before boarding an ambulance. The remaining time of the match is expected to be played at a later date.

Gol Kanoute 0-1

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3
Last edited by kanoute on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
kanoute

Postby dawson99 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:20 am

another spanish fan based disaster. After what is happening in Italy as well this is just a total disgrace. Now a rangers fan or celtic might sing one song and probably get scotland banend from all euro football for 10 years. The bias on football is a disgrace. Italy and Spain should both be kicked out of europe if they cant control the fans they have.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:53 am

The only thing you can feel when you notice these things seen abroad is shame...I can't understand what the heck goes into someone's head to decide to throw objects to a coach or a player or whoever...with (bad) luck you can kill a man with an item as a coin...crazy. But, once you have thought that and are refusing to belong to the same human race as those people  belong...you get to understand the one that has thrown the bottle to Sevilla's coach cause there is another one even worse outside the stadium: a stupid man throwing things to the ambulance....where are we going? don't they realize that the person inside could even be dead?...is their life so empty as to make a football match a warfield where to show up? ...
I want serious punishments for Betis fans, I want that stupid fan (already identified) in prison, and...above all....I want both Betis' and Sevilla's chairmen and board of directors disqualified for thair post..._It's only fans who are to blame but all those "important people" must calm the audience...they have been setting the match on fire for two weeks...all this could be seen coming.
Huck

Postby Sabre » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:54 am

another spanish fan based disaster. After what is happening in Italy as well this is just a total disgrace. Now a rangers fan or celtic might sing one song and probably get scotland banend from all euro football for 10 years. The bias on football is a disgrace. Italy and Spain should both be kicked out of europe if they cant control the fans they have.

I agree that the measures that must be taken must be quick and conclusive. But most of the troubles are provoked by well known club's crowds, meaning there are many crowds in Spain whose behaviour is spotless. I'd punnish only those clubs who's crowds cannot control their fanatics.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:56 am

the so called ultras? would never happen. they have more power than the spanish fa. They have meetings with the manager to say how they want things to happen (which i know u know sabre, but just saying)

something has to change before mroe people die.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:08 am

It's true that they meet some of the managers, but they're not that powerful.

Most ultras are 19-24 years :censored: that quit their activities when they find a proper girlfriend, but if THERE WAS the will of finishing with them, they Spanish authorities and the clubs could finnish the issue in some months. The problem is, that they have not that will the clubs, as sometimes getting along well with those groups is handy to them

:angry:
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:10 pm

Yes, the attitude of most club's boards towards their ultra groups is repugnant, and the very first in this is mine, Real Madrid's presidents (with no exception) have taken care of ultra-sur (ultra group at Bernabeu), done them favours, got them cheap trips and  made things easy when it comes to get tickets...it's a shame when u go to the stadium and have a look at that part of it and see all these idiots taking advantage of their situation to shout their ultra fascist chants and show their nazis flags...well, apart from immoral, that is ILLEGAL!!!!!I don't know why the hell that is allowed, if you give a bunch of animals extra rights they feel they can do everything they want, to tell the truth, this way, I don't know how there aren't even more incidents.
Huck

Postby Sabre » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm

True Huck.

In San Sebastian you know what kind of groups we have, the antagonist to the fascists, the ultra left winged, eta supporters. Which despite not being racist and despite they don't insult black people they also chant hatred and politic bóllocks, but at least are kept in line, whenever a ETA sign appears, the cameras get it and the guy gets 3000 € fine.

The club do not help them, and that's why that group do not want the current chairman.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kanoute » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:18 am

Sevilla surged back to the summit in Spain with a thrilling 2-1 win over Barcelona.

The Catalan giants came into the game at the head of the table, but they threw away a lead as Sevilla opened up the title race.

Ronaldinho endured mixed fortunes as he scored a fine goal but also missed a penalty, while both sides finished the game with less than a full complement of players.

Sevilla dug deep into their reserves to claim victory as Alexander Kerzhakov and Daniel Alves netted to cancel out Ronaldinho's early effort.

The visitors made a bright start and Ronaldinho connected with a super cross from Gianluca Zambrotta to head Barca ahead on 14 minutes.

Ronaldinho had the chance to double the lead on 28 minutes as he dashed into the box and was brought down by Aitor Ocio who was red carded for his misdemeanour.

But the Brazilian lost his battle of wills with Andres Palop as the Sevilla keeper kept out Ronaldinho's spot kick with his legs.

The save prompted a swing in momentum as Andres Iniesta cleared off his line from Christian Poulsen, but Sevilla drew level before the interval.

Kerzhakov was allowed an acre of space to collect Alves' pass before turning and shooting low into the corner.
1-1 (Kerzhakov)

Lionel Messi tested Palop's reactions with a fine strike just before the hour, but it proved a rare Barca foray forward and Sevilla went ahead on 60 minutes as Alves' free-kick beat Victor Valdes with the aid of a small deflection.

Barca pressed the self-destruct button after going behind as Ludovic Giuly and Zambrotta were dismissed and the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan celebrated a famous win despite Fredi Kanoute putting forward a contender for miss of the season when shooting wide from six yards out and Alves hitting the bar in injury-time.

Sevilla F.C. -2- F.C. Barcelona -1-
Last edited by kanoute on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
kanoute

Postby 109-1170291157 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:12 am

Sabre, Athletic go to second division... the first time in it´s history...
Je suis desolée!!!!! :(
109-1170291157

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion