Spanish primera división 06/07 - All your questions here

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Barca Murph » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:11 pm

PacemakerAlonso wrote:
Barca Murph wrote:Owen had the best strike rate to minutes played ratio out of anyone in La Liga when he was with Madrid. Just shows what a shambles of a club they are that they were so eager to get rid of him.

With hindsight it was the right decision by Madrid, I still feel Owen wasn't great for Madrid in the bit part he played, but he wasn't given a fair chance. I have taken that into consideration.

I disagree. The coach stood by fans favourite Raul even though he was playing well enough to deserve his place. The end result being no trophies in the cabinet. Had they backed Owen the way he deserved they'd probably have actually won some silverware.
Barca Murph

Postby 80-1169754111 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:33 pm

Real Madrid is a poisonous club to manage, I would rather coach Salamanca than Real Madrid. Owen wasn't given a fair chance, but I don't believe he was outstanding for Madrid and look at Owen now, Real Madrid sold at the right time. Anyway who cares what happens to Real Madrid?  :p
80-1169754111

Postby Huck » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:16 am

Me!!!! :laugh:  Well, about all that stuff about Owen, I have t osay that I agree with those who say he worked well for Real Madrid...of course he deserved a position in the starting eleven and, yes, Raul and Ronaldo were much more important into the club as for having them sitting on the bench. His sin was to be humble, not too glamorous...at that period (hope it's already finished) Real Madrid was a place for T-shirts-sellers only and it seems Owen couldn't promote himself as much as the galacticos...a shame.

As for Ronaldo, well, I wrote in aprevious post that, having been a great defender of Raul, I'm beginning to be a bit unfaithful, he doesn't deserve by far to play because he is completely out of form but...anyway...now it seems that everybody praise Ronaldo saying he is the best striker in the world and it's incredible that Real is selling him and so on; well, IMO Ronaldo WAS the best striker in the world but now (not this year - he hasn't played much - but last year) he was missing a lot of chances (just the same as Raul), his team game didn't simply exist (as always but in the past he scored loads of goals) and he still kept on thinking the rest of the team had to play for him while he was watching how the rest of team mates struggled to recover possession, for instance. The real shame is the Real Madrid is making such a horrible business (he could have been sold 4 months ago for double current price) and the team is facing the rest of the season with just two strikers (and one is Higuain...who seems great but I'm not sure he is a scorer).

And, Sabre, as for Becks, I rate him for struggling so much in every game (to tell the truth I thought he was just a kind of fashion model when he came) but i don't think he is a player for Real Madrid...at a time when nobody plays well, the team is in a deep deep crisis, we don't see a title for ages, our coaches change every year (if not before)...just seeing a player running, fighting and working his balls off makes you think he is great but I think he is just average...a middle table team player...not more.

And... Just shows what a shambles of a club they are that they were so eager to get rid of him.
[quote]
...do I have to remind you of Saviola for example?...sometimes people think clubs are their chairmen or coaches but...definitely Florentino was never Real Madrid. anyway... buen rollito eh? :cool:
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby dward » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:55 pm

Pongolle scored again for Recreativo
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:16 pm

Hey Sabre...I guess u were watching the match last Saturday...I'm so sorry for ur team mate...this Real Madrid can't win anybody and we could against Real Sociedad...extremely weak teamwork and that goalkeeper is a disaster...to tell the truth I think there are a bunch of talented players there that should make the team play better but...maybe a bad pre season or a bad beginning...don't really know but, apart from everything, it seems the team have got used to losing and I'm afraid that is a difficult thing to change at this time of the season...hope to be wrong anyway...there are some clubs that would never deserve to be relegated and hope is the last thing to be lost.
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby Sabre » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:23 pm

Hey Sabre...I guess u were watching the match last Saturday...I'm so sorry for ur team mate...this Real Madrid can't win anybody and we could against Real Sociedad...extremely weak teamwork and that goalkeeper is a disaster...to tell the truth I think there are a bunch of talented players there that should make the team play better but...maybe a bad pre season or a bad beginning...don't really know but, apart from everything, it seems the team have got used to losing and I'm afraid that is a difficult thing to change at this time of the season...hope to be wrong anyway...there are some clubs that would never deserve to be relegated and hope is the last thing to be lost.

Yeh I was there as always. We did a first good half, and our keeper did make two important mistakes, but I also have to give the full credit to Beck's touch, it was a wicked one that.

As far as I'm concerned I've seen RS with worse squad than the current one and floating in the 11th position, but when you fall in the well of relegation it's sometimes very difficult to get out. I haven't lost my hopes yet. I'll be a supporter and ticket season holder even in segunda but, it's hard, I admit it.

As for Madrid, it's a team that needs a lot of work mate. I think you have the right man in charge, but if Marca manages to get rid of him -so it seems- you won't fix your troubles never. It's necessary a man like Capello sorts things out, and that's not just a season task.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:10 pm

Nunez has scored for Celta Vigo against Spartak Moscow in the Uefa Cup.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:29 pm

Nuñez is exactly that, a decent player for a decent club. Not good enough for LFC, though.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kanoute » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:06 am

kanoute

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:45 am

YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:58 am

I heard we are after Santos off Barcelona. Apart from being 17, with a buy out clause of £20million and supposedly going to be the next Ronaldinho what do you know about him, and has there been any mention of the transfer in the Spanish press?
account deleted by request

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:59 am

YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:04 am

YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:06 am

YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sabre » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:59 am

Sevilla the best? no way.

I won't bother to put the facts because I know I'm right and Anfield crowd is lights year beyond that Sevilla and ANY Spanish crowd that I know, which, FWIW, they're quite a lot.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion